Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
It's been comming for a long time. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So....

    Since these corps got greedy, came up with crapola like intrest-only payments designed to keep ya in debt forever...serves them right to crash. I guess a bailout is a better thing than not...IF THE PEOPLE GET TO KEEP THEIR HOMES!

    BTW, with this crash...are home prices ever coming down? The porportion of income to home costs has gotten so out of control, I have no plans to ever be able to buy a house. Back home, the average house is 250k...and McDonalds has the best pay in town. That ain't right. Damn greedy people.

    Ban money. Go to a co-op system and barter*. I can hunt fish farm and make stuff!

    (*not really, I'm just po'd as well.)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by blackwater View Post
      I'd like to vote for Mudlite, but I want 'free' healthcare. So, screw the country and all you conservatives. I'm votin' for what I want. I'm votin' for ME...

      I LOVE the guy who's voting democrat to save his job in the auto industry...LOL

      I recently read that American companies are the SECOND highest taxed companies in the entire freakin' world. Let's hear it for free healthcare and keeping our jobs at home. (autos included...)

      I'm worried about these investment banks. No matter who we want to blame or whose fault it actually is, I know whose going to take the arse kickin'.
      Your posts always make me smile Morgan.

      Comment


      • #18
        The U.A.W. is endorsing Obama. There is a good reason for that !
        I work in a steel mill. I'm retired Army. Obama is my vote.
        The blue collar worker is not a priority of the current administration and it's party. And that's a fact.
        Last edited by hajihunter; 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by hajihunter View Post
          The U.A.W. is endorsing Obama. There is a good reason for that !
          I work in a steel mill. I'm retired Army. Obama is my vote.
          The blue collar worker is not a priority of the current administration and it's party. And that's a fact.
          Read: The UAW is giving money to Obama. But is that a surprise?

          Questions:

          How much money did you personally give to Obama?

          How much money do you think the $50-million-dollar-a-year CEO's are giving Obama?

          Do you REALLY think Obama is going to cater to YOU?

          Democrats don't give a hoot about you anymore than Republicans. Sure, they tell you they do, but money talks. Follow the money, they don't give all those millions without an expectation of a return on their investment.

          Comment


          • #20
            This is probably not what y'all are talking about, but I think people like to hear me bitcch. At least that what I tell my kids.

            I have three to four thousand square feet houses in my area, big fancy neighborhoods swimming pools and movie stars. Maybe not movie stars, but I know some of the people that live in them and know how much money they make. No way in hell could they afford them.
            I'm going to be pissed if the dumb a$$es that bought these huge houses get to keep them. Maybe I'm the dumb a$$ and should have holed up in one until the government buys mine, but I'm not one to depend on the government. I'll continue living in my little hooch.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by hajihunter View Post
              The U.A.W. is endorsing Obama. There is a good reason for that !
              I work in a steel mill. I'm retired Army. Obama is my vote.
              The blue collar worker is not a priority of the current administration and it's party. And that's a fact.


              What is this "good reason"? You keep saying this but offer nothing substantial to explain why. I don't know whether to read your post as a press release or somehow offering some type of legitimacy to Obama through the UAW's endorsement. You really come across as a lemming who would jump off the cliff that the UAW told you to jump off of.

              Comment


              • #22
                Here's my 2 cents, which by the end of trading today will be worth 1 cent. If we bail the people out who are responsible for the mess, there scam worked just as planned. I say let the market go where it goes with no government intervention. When its all over we can pick up the pieces and start all over. If we bail scum out, there just gonna pull the **** all over again.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by redtail View Post
                  Here's my 2 cents, which by the end of trading today will be worth 1 cent. If we bail the people out who are responsible for the mess, there scam worked just as planned. I say let the market go where it goes with no government intervention. When its all over we can pick up the pieces and start all over. If we bail scum out, there just gonna pull the **** all over again.
                  I agree with that although the implications of it are troublesome.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We need to ride out this storm. If we give the spoiled little Brat's a candy bar, we just reinforce that that's all they have to do to get what they want. From the home builder, to the realator all the way up to the CEO'S are guilty of this debackle. I'm willing to take the financial hit, and NO I'm not wealthy. I'm willing to lose my entire 401k retirement to teach this SCUM a lesson.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by redtail View Post
                      We need to ride out this storm. If we give the spoiled little Brat's a candy bar, we just reinforce that that's all they have to do to get what they want. From the home builder, to the realator all the way up to the CEO'S are guilty of this debackle. I'm willing to take the financial hit, and NO I'm not wealthy. I'm willing to lose my entire 401k retirement to teach this SCUM a lesson.

                      I'm concerned about the possibilities of NOT saving their worthless azzes, but, believe it or not Redtail, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. I'm a small business owner, make good money, and owe lotsa good money. Letting things crash will ruin me now, not to mention any retirement.

                      I'm curious about two things. First off, if Warren Buffett is willing to put 5 bil into this thing, how risky is it really. If the gov bails out, they are essentially investing. WB isn't sloppy about investments. The second question I'm curious about is the World Bank. If collapse would be felt around the world, why don't they step in.
                      Last edited by kingchip; 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                        I'm concerned about the possibilities of NOT saving their worthless azzes, but, believe it or not Redtail, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. I'm a small business owner, make good money, and owe lotsa good money. Letting things crash will ruin me now, not to mention any retirement.

                        I'm curious about two things. First off, if Warren Buffett is willing to put 5 bil into this thing, how risky is it really. If the gov bails out, they are essentially investing. WB isn't sloppy about investments. The second question I'm curious about is the World Bank. If collapse would be felt around the world, why don't they step in.

                        I am not WB's investor, but like you said he is no dummy, I bet he is planning on the government helping out and knows he can buy a bank really cheap right now. And what billionaire would not want a bank.

                        And I agree we should let the entire thing crumble.
                        These idiots let it happen because they knew that the government would never let the markets crash. Bailing them out will do no good. We should let them all fail and let the people drag them out into the streets.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          And hang there sorry Arses from the nearest flag poles. Lapel pins and all. Maybe, just maybe, LYKOS wasn't so far off?
                          Last edited by redtail; 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            pay the people...

                            Someone sent me an e-mail today that figured up how much each man, woman and child in America would get if they divied the $700B up among the citizens instead of Wall Street. It was a LOT of money per peep.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by battallion14 View Post


                              What is this "good reason"? You keep saying this but offer nothing substantial to explain why. I don't know whether to read your post as a press release or somehow offering some type of legitimacy to Obama through the UAW's endorsement. You really come across as a lemming who would jump off the cliff that the UAW told you to jump off of.
                              Months ago . The U.A.W. announced it's endorsement. I am a member of the U.A.W.. The current admin. including the candidate of your choice supported corps going overseas and gave them tax breaks. I haven't based my decision only on that fact. His stance with Bush and his choice for VP are some reasons.Now, Mccain wants to correct the mess in washington.Something. He had a part in making. He claims that he reformed washington. Now, he wants to change it ? Mccain's inability to orate as to why he picked Palin as his running mate was remarkable. Reading from a script. Unable to
                              speak from his mind or heart. Struck me as a man that just wants to win the office. Whether it's good for the nation or not. i.e. Bush. These are some of my reasons.. My opinion may change after the debates. There is a difference in speaking from your heart and just saying what you think the nation wants to hear. So far. Obama has it. MCcain is a Hero. I respect his service. It may not seem like it . But, I respect your opinion too. After all. It is a freedom awarded to us by the lives of so many.

                              Whom-ever becomes the next President has one heck of a mess on his hands.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by hajihunter View Post
                                Months ago . The U.A.W. announced it's endorsement. I am a member of the U.A.W.. The current admin. including the candidate of your choice supported corps going overseas and gave them tax breaks.
                                What makes you think that is going to change with either candidate? I haven't seen either roll out a plan to entice businesses to use labor in this country instead of outsourcing.

                                I haven't based my decision only on that fact. His stance with Bush and his choice for VP are some reasons.Now, Mccain wants to correct the mess in washington.Something. He had a part in making. He claims that he reformed washington. Now, he wants to change it ?
                                How can you single out McCain? Mr. Obama was there too and his voting record is less than impressive. I don't see McCain being a hypocrite as you seem to think he is. He has always voted and spoke his conscience which has labeled him a maverick for years.

                                Mccain's inability to orate as to why he picked Palin as his running mate was remarkable. Reading from a script. Unable to
                                speak from his mind or heart. Struck me as a man that just wants to win the office.
                                Obama has the same problem. Did you not see what happened when he lost the use of his teleprompter? It almost made Dubya look like a rocket scientist.


                                Whether it's good for the nation or not. i.e. Bush. These are some of my reasons.. My opinion may change after the debates. There is a difference in speaking from your heart and just saying what you think the nation wants to hear. So far. Obama has it.
                                Interesting. I see Obama as the one who has been pandering.

                                MCcain is a Hero. I respect his service. It may not seem like it . But, I respect your opinion too. After all. It is a freedom awarded to us by the lives of so many.

                                Whom-ever becomes the next President has one heck of a mess on his hands.
                                We can both agree on that point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X