X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

Just about done with the break in of the new motor, sure am pleased that thing runs like a rabbit and pulls like a mule. I am haveing some collector gasket issue's right now but back to the muffler shop it goes this weekend. Last weekend did a little hill climbing the fuel injection payed off the jeep never stumbled lotta folks ask if I had a v8, not to many people were going where I went, love them air lockers

Originally posted by RonS
    Just about done with the break in of the new motor, sure am pleased that thing runs like a rabbit and pulls like a mule.
    Cool - congrats !

Just got mine running again also, and yeah gotta love that TBI set-up

How many miles you got on it for break-in? mine in running great also, but the manifold vac is still a little low, I'm thinking the rings are not really seated yet ....

Comment

Congrats man! A new engine's always a great thing and good feeling when all the work pays...

Comment

Awesome! what gears are you running with the 33's? What is the overdrive ratio on the WC T5? .86?

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Geojeep
            Cool - congrats !

Just got mine running again also, and yeah gotta love that TBI set-up

How many miles you got on it for break-in? mine in running great also, but the manifold vac is still a little low, I'm thinking the rings are not really seated yet ....
            500 miles I got 410 on it now

Comment

Originally posted by UPJ Wheeler
              Awesome! what gears are you running with the 33's? What is the overdrive ratio on the WC T5? .86?

When i bought the jeep I was told 4.10 but this weekend gonna pull a diff cover off and take a look see not sure bout the od ratio got the reciept from the po gonna have to check it out at 65 mph in 5th it's turnin about 1,600 rpm it will also peg the speedo with no effort and got plenty more pedal my tac might be off but everything sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by RonS
                500 miles I got 410 on it now
                Thanks man - I was thinking about 300 miles, but 500 does sound a little better - I've only got about 85 miles on mine and it's already running great ....

Also just realized your running the full Mopar MPI ... I really wanted that, but could not afford ... went with the Howell Kit, but even that kicks butt.

See your in Suisun - I'm about 5 ish hours north, just below the OR boarder.

Have fun man - Mark

Oh and do let us know about the gears, that's my next step ....

Edit: the T5 has a .86 od, I've got the same set up.

Comment

The T5 actually has the means for a few different OD gears... .86 is just the strongest because of the gear size. Thats why its popular

Comment

Working...
                  X