X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FUBAR
    i'm curious as to why it took so much less to get back than to get there. did you take a different route?
    We took the same route, only difference I can really state is on the way there we did more city driving, as we were stopping at part stores, and driving into the city to reach part stores, and on the way home it was straight highway the entire time...

Comment

moab

pictures are great, brings back very fond memories. really looking forward to next years easter jeep safari. HOF 4x4 club has 7 or 8 members all ready to go.

Comment

Nice pictures. Looks like you guys had a good time. One of these trips to Moab, I'm going to have to tag along. You guys could use some of the old CJ influnence in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky99tj
          pictures are great, brings back very fond memories. really looking forward to next years easter jeep safari. HOF 4x4 club has 7 or 8 members all ready to go.
          oh boy does it ever!!!!!

lion's back is not for the weak at heart.. i'm not afraid of hieghts at all and generally kinda fearless when wheelin, but that last 1/3 of the climb i started to sweat, fingers got numb , couldn't focus on anything but the tire marks on the rock face in front of me... my dad was with me ... and of course.. he's blabing away " yep your sure would live if ya slid off here , man that truck down there looks like a match box car , wow you can see the hotel from here, your lockers locked?,is the thunder i think it might start to storm , remember when eric rolled down potato salad hill , bang bang crunch...."" i was just sitting there thinking 'would you shut up... dear god i'm going to throw you out when we get to the top'. anyways, we get to the top , drive all the way to the end looking for a wide spot to turn around ( there isn't) and ended up doing a 37 point turn at the top. just as the front end started to nose dive,the tires let out a little chirp chirp chirp, i look at dad and said 'no comintary , just go left or go right , ok' that worked but i was still a little shaky when got to the bottom.. my advice if you climb it,just follow the tire marks in front of you, and talk to a minium

Comment

I had the upper rear right shock mount rip out so I wheeled without the shock and and O2 sensor went out. Other than a few dings and scrapes to the body armor, that was it.

That trip was the wheelin' time of my life. We wheeled Metal Masher, Poison Spyder/Golden Spike/Golden Rim (then backwards), Hells Revenge and Prichetts Canyon and of course the easy one, Potato Salad Hill.

This is my favorite, crossing the Golden Crack unasssisted.

http://128.121.167.154/files/special...i-40600052.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X