Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling price of a CJ5

Hey guys,
    trying to get a feel for how much cj5's are going for these days. Might be trying to sell mine soon and really am unsure of what to ask. the body and paint are not great, but everything else is solid. its description has got everything in my signature, plus a besttop soft top and a secondary hardtop (separate from the acme). am i crazy to be expecting over $3k for this?

Paul

I guess it depends on your local market. I would say that might be low around here.

Comment

I've seen three of them here going for 6k. I've looked at others for less and others for more. CJ's it seems are in flux: some sell for 20 grand plus, others for 1500 bucks. It depends on where you are and who wants to buy the Jeep. I'd put what you want/need on it and go from there.

Comment

check the frame and engine compression. Bad frame = -$1000. Bad engine = -$500

Comment

i just sold my '67 for 1400 and i was trying to get 2500. it had a great engine and drivetrain and not great paint with a bikini top but lots of lookers but no takers and then i just got tired of it after trying to sell it for 6 months. like the others said it all depends on your market. crazy thing is i'm close to moab ut as well.

Comment

i bought my cj5 about a year ago after i blew up the tranny in my yj and was tired of dealing with all the problems it was giving me i got it for 2k and it had a freshly rebuilt 258 only like 100 miles on it and a bikini top the body and paint is in need of work but other than that everything else works so i think it just depends on who you know or if they know what they have

Comment

Originally posted by CAD1976 View Post
              check the frame and engine compression. Bad frame = -$1000. Bad engine = -$500
              didnt realize that a frame was worth that much. really the only issue with the jeep is the paint and body. i bought it for $4k almost 8 years ago, just dont want to run into the problem of sitting on it for 6 months while waiting to sell. especially because of the ridiculous job of having to smog it for sale. never know if i am going to pass or fail! honestly i think if i get $2500 out of it i will be more than happy.

Comment

2500 sounds reasonable especially with a hard top but if you are in an area that is really hot most people are probably going to go for something newer with ac so you might be holding onto it for a while till you can find the right buyer everyone is going to try to lowball you

Comment

I might be interested in your cj5. Where are you located? I'm in southeast missouri. I'm not worried about paint jeeps are for jeeping and driving not just for looks, just my opinion. If you could send pics and more info about it the more pics and info the better. What kind of price are you looking for? thanks

Comment

We gave $7,500 for little red running looking damn good,, before ink was dry on check engine went as well as transmission,, but given same situation we would do it again,, wife & I get a lot of enjoyment from her

Comment

Working...
                    X