X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to everything

Hello all. I am fairly new to the Jeep thing so I apologize in advance for any stupid questions I might ask. I have owned nothing but sports cars all my life but then one day I rode in a Jeep with the top and doors off. I traded in my '99 35th anniversary Mustang GT the very next day for a brand new Intense Blue 2002 4.0L Wrangler X with almost every available option. Best decision I ever made.
    I added nerf bars and fog lights a week after I bought it. Picture does not reflect this. I have many questions but for now I will start with something simple. I am now ready to start modifying my Jeep after driving it around stock for a little while. The first thing I want to do is get new bumpers but I can't seem to make up my mind on what I want. :roll:
    Any suggestions? I want to be able to add lights to it later.
    http://home.attbi.com/~jas.alsing/jeep2.jpg

i personally like the Warn bumpers, pricey but nice.

Comment

Hi jsling- Welcome to the board :hi:

Comment

Jeeperman bumpers are also nice but not too pricey, I personally am going with the Olympic TJ grilleguard and lightguard, bolts directly to stock bumper, mine already looks like an aftermarket, being that i took front and rear bumper ends off.

Comment

I think I might have found one that I like but I am still not sure. I found a picture of a Manik bumper & grille guard and have been staring at it all day. I am also kind of leaning towards the Olympic grille guard too. I hope that I can make up my mind soon. :roll:

Comment

The pricey bumpers are nice dont get me wrong but I cant justify it on my measley income. I took off the really useless bumperettes and it looked better right away. Granted that the stock bumper is cheap and kinda flimsy but it really beats the tubular bumpers hands down when it comes to functionality. Tube bumpers are a PITA so my advice is stay away from them. But if you already have the nerfs you may want to stick with that look. My suggestion: If you have the money go for the pricey models but be prepared for some sag overtime as they are really heavy. If your economical dress up you stocks with your off road/fog lighting and a winch (pricey too but way more useful). It will make your stocks look trail-tough!

Comment

Go with the Olympic, I put one on my YJ last weekend. Besides being easy as anything to install it looks good to.

Comment

Working...
              X