X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Backorders

Could someone let me know about how long these backorder on tubs usually take. The date got pushed back again for third time so now it's looking like a month. Starting to stess have Jeep plans in July.

long wait

I ordered my deluxe cj5 kit on march 19 th as of this morning june 07/06 it has still not left 4wd company. they keep pushing my date back, saying it's still back ordered. very disapointed but what are you gonna due ,they have them we need them i guess i'll keep waiting.

Comment

I think the deal with these is, we switched companies that makes these a couple months ago. We had so many back orders then we couldnt really keep up, so now that we have this other company making them they are trying to make up for the original company being so far behind. Hang in there

Comment

When I called in April Iwas told that 1 or 2 are kept in inventory and to allow 3 weeks for shipping. I didn't want to have it at the shop until I ready for it. Ordered it first week of May and was told it would ship May 15th. If yours has been on order since March that really make me unsure. This is my third body, the second from 4WD, I like projects. My last one was from AJ's nice tub but like the features of 4WD's deluxe. I ran into problem with shipping, because their carrier went under and all transport was held to checked. AJ's offer to build another body and deliver it themselves if it couldn't be released. It was released 2 days later.

Comment

I guess the question should be is the new company going to have the same quality as the previous 4WD tubs.

Comment

Yep, same molds same design, just a different company is my understanding.

Comment

I'm sure the quality will be fine. The sales person said that 4WD inspects the parts then crates and ships. My issue really isn't quality, just the frustration with the push backs. I uderstand production is behind and I'm fine with that, just which I was told up front instead that I'd see it in two weeks. I'll change some plans and deal with it, because from what I've seen 4WD has the better product.

Comment

just thaught i'd let you know they shiped my body last week, have'nt received it yet, but i can't wait to see it in my garage. you know, when i do get it i'm gona be so happy. i will have forgotten how long i had to wait, hope it's worth the wait

Comment

Working...
                X