Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 258 / Dual Exhaust??

Hello -

Anyone out there use one of those dual outlet headers on a CJ 258 and run dual exhaust instead of the Y-pipe? Seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Jeff

Originally posted by The Axle Doctor
    Hello -

Anyone out there use one of those dual outlet headers on a CJ 258 and run dual exhaust instead of the Y-pipe? Seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Jeff
    I do. Duel exhaust from the header with turbo mufflers and exit out on both side in front of the rear tires. I would recommend exiting out the side behind the rear tires. Just a bit loud, but mines not a DD so its not big deal. Really not that bad either when I do go on pavement.

Don't exit straight out the rear though. Causes the exhaust fumes to come back into the Jeep.

Sounds great too. Had to open the hood a few times to prove its a 6 and not an 8 under there.

Comment

I too have a 4.2 with dual outlet headers. I have a true dual exhaust w/2.5 inch pipes and two cats, 2 chamber flowmasters and they exit at an angle out the back just foward of the rear shackles. I have also had to open the hood and prove that is a 6 cyl. And they still have a hard time believing it! I can show pics. If you want. For a short time before then I had purple horny side pipes. It sounded like a Harley on either side. Too loud and always on Advil.

Comment

I want to do that once I get a V8 in my cj (long time away)
        I have a single exhaust coming off my 4cyl. and got a turbo muffler bolted on at the exit of the cat. it comes out just behind the bottom corner of my drivers door. it is really loud though... why is that?

Comment

dual exhaust

I have headman headers on my CJ5 dual exhaust out the back angled out just behind the rear tires and it sounds great. I did have it out the side in front of the tires with glass packs way to loud. I replace the glass packs with turbo mufflers and went out the rear... Sounds like a V8 but on the 258 6cyld.

Comment

Yeah, when I get on it, it sounds like a stock car!!! I too want to quiet it down just a bit so I will probably be putting magnaflow's on it sometime. But yeah, I think everyone that has this set up has had to open the hood and prove people wrong.

High5

Comment

Working...
            X