X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Overfill Bottle

Call it what you want, but it works. in the spare of the moment.

Go buy a 2 litre bottle of Coke or whatever your preference is & drink it.... clean out the bottle & peal of the label so no one knows :lol: & mount it w/ tye-wraps in the engine compartment & fill it a little over 1/2 way w/anti-freeze & there you have it...... a quick & cheap way to have a overfill bottle.

P.S. Keep the hose from the radiator cap a 1/2" off the bottom of the bottle & cut it @ an angle aprox 1" for a pick-up angle. Oh & I left off the cap. Hose dia. 5/16"

Just a thought, & I have it on my CJ & it works.

Have A Great Day!

JB

I've got a lil square aftermarket one that I picked up at VatoZone for around 5 bucks. Its small and was easy to mount out of the way.

Comment

Well b-4 I even read your post I knew it had to do something w/ the square thing.

I'll check it out.

But it's a good fixer upper in the spare the spare time. :lol:

See ya,

Oh, P.S. Did ya use a Sawzalllll to install it! :lol:

Have a good one Ueland,

JB

Comment

He, he. I got a water bottle imported from Figi. Figured Id make it all fancy Were talkin an $8 bottle of water. Classy

Comment

my 5 had a rubbermaid pitcher....it worked just fine

-goat

Comment

I'm using a windshield washer reservoir (spelling?) out of an older Chevy pickup. Already had a screen for the pickup at the bottom of the bottle and the hose hooked right up to the nipple on the lid. All I had to do was drill two holes in the passenger side fender, and it fit like it was supposed to be there.

Its price was the best of all, free!

Comment

I still have the one that the Jeep came with? Will this be OK or should I go get a diffrent one?

Comment

I don't have one. Never had a problem so far, unless I over fill it and then it blows it out. I tried one of those square ones but I think it was real close to my alternator or something so I decided to go with the stock set up of not having one.

Comment

Working...
                X