X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel in 08?

Is there any rumors of a diesel being offered in 2008 for the wrangler unlimiteds? I think it just makes sense to offer the diesel from the grand.

Always rumors, but nothing solid that I have seen. The new Blu Tec would be a good option IMO, and that is the only diesel option I know of since the CRD won't meet newer emmission standards.
    Sad thing is, A diesel JK is available in other countries, just as the TJ was.

Comment

Ya they make them with diesels here in the USA.. but you can't buy them here.

Comment

Had a diesel Liberty come through the shop

Comment

ya they sold the liberty with the diesel engine but stopped this year if I remember right.

Comment

Yup, no more CRD (the Libby Diesel) since it does not meet the new emissions standards.

Comment

i can only imagine the torque you could get out of a diesel

Comment

When that question was asked at the engineers round table at Camp Jeep last summer, they said they did not see a diesel any time soon, due to the emissions problem. (like blu said)

Comment

Yes but the big american three all have redesigned diesels coming out next year (08 models I believe) that run on low sulfer gas.. which will help with the emissions testing.

Comment

Unfortunately, the USA won't get the Wrangler with the 2.8 Diesel engine the Europeans will get. Starting next spring Jeep will sell the Wrangler in Germany with the Diesel engine, which should have 177 hp. I believe that Jeep will offer the Grand 2008 with the Mercedes 3.0 Diesel in the very near future, at least, DaimlerChrysler will sell this engine in various Mercedes modells.
                    Martin
                    www.offroad-pirates.com

Comment

Working...
                    X