X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer Beware!!!

I AM A LONG TIME JEEPER, SINCE 1988, AND HAVE OWNED 3 CJ5'S. I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU I ADVOCATE 4WD HARDWARE BUT I DO NOT.

4 ORDERS IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS, WELL OVER $1000, AND AMONG THE PARTS I RECEIVED WERE:

1) DRY ROTTED COWL SEAL
    2) CHEAP "STAINLESS STEEL" SCREWS WITH HEADS THAT STRIP OUT
    3) BENT AND TWISTED SOFT TOP BODY RAILS
    4) WRONG, AND I MEAN WRONG, BELL CRANK/LINKAGE ASSY.

LET ME EXPOUND ON THE LAST ONE. PRICES ON LINE, OVER THE PHONE AND THROUGH THE CATALOG DON'T MATCH. INTERNET PRICE FOR THE BELL CRANK KIT SHOWED $59 AND CHANGE, THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME $99 AND CHANGE. SAID THAT THE INTERNET PRICE WAS INCORRECT AND THAT I HAD TO PAY $99. NO WAY!! I FINALLY GOT IT FOR $59 BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT. NOW THIS ASSY COMES IN AND GUESS WHAT? YEP, CHEAP METAL, BAD THREADS, THE BELL CRANK ARMS ARE WELDED AT THE TOTAL WRONG ANGLES, ALL CRAP. NOW SINCE I HAVE INSTALLED IT I CANNOT RETURN IT ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY. LET ME ASK HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU TELL IF SOMETHING WILL WORK OR NOT UNLESS IT IS INSTALLED?

BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT TRUST 4WD HARDWARE. THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO SELL WHAT YOU NEED. TRY http://www.jeep4x4center.com INSTEAD.

Buyer Beware

I Will Be Posting This Info/warning On Other Pages. My Intent Is To Let Everyone Know That 4wd Hardware Is Selling A Bill Of Goods.

Comment

Instead of posting this in multiple forums, maybe give us a little bit more information so we can try to help you and better understand the situation.

PM me your issues please.

Comment

Takes some balls to come on here and bash the host of this site. Personally I have never had a problem with them. Their customer service is more knowledgeable then most. Have you tried to call them and see about getting your parts replaced or refunded? And as for stainless screws, many people make the mistake thinking they are stronger then plain steel screws, truth is stainless is a mushy compared to plain steel and can strip much easier if care is not taken. My .02$

Comment

Originally posted by Harley#1 View Post
          I Will Be Posting This Info/warning On Other Pages. My Intent Is To Let Everyone Know That 4wd Hardware Is Selling A Bill Of Goods.
          If you continue to post this in the inappropriate tech forums it will be deleted. This is the only thread and place for this topic.

Comment

Kelly, as usual, you rock!

BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT TRUST 4WD HARDWARE. THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO SELL WHAT YOU NEED. TRY http://www.jeep4x4center.com INSTEAD.
            Um. Isn't this just a cheap-azz advertising spam?
            Thanks Buddy for alerting me to a Jeep site that will never get my business.
            I've dealt with 4wd hdw for years, and they've always been more than helpful, highly truthful and given me great prices.
            Why do you think "jeep4x4center" deserves any business from me?
            Last edited by tomsjeep; 02-05-2008, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I guess you are fortunate in that. Yes, I suppose I do have big balls. I also don't like crappy service/goods. I work hard for my money and I don't like to waste it. Do you go out to eat, get the wrong food or bad service and just take it? If so you are allowing people to continue getting over.

Comment

Who might you be that you can help me???

Comment

Who might you be that you can help me???
                  The administrator of this forum and 4wd.com employee.

Comment

Great, what part of the company? Management??

Comment

Originally posted by Harley#1
                      Your loss, you get what you pay for. Besides unless this thread applies to you, which it doesn't, would you be so kind as to mind your business.
                      Actually, I reported your post.

And these folks are nice people, and don't deserve a buncha garbage from a flamer posting up links to another Jeep parts dealer.

Comment

Great, what part of the company? Management??
                        I manage the website. So why don't you PM me some more information about your case here so I can look into it and work with who I need to within the company to try and settle this problem for you.

Comment

Well, FYI, I am not posting for anyone. As I have said I have been in the Jeeping world for 20 years. I do my own work, have used parts from 4wd previously without issue. However, when some dumb broad at customer service won't honor prices or tells me that I am **** out of luck because I installed a part only to find it is jacked up, I get a little upset.

Comment

She might know a few people that work there.

X2 on stainless screws. They are soft. They strip easy. If you run them in with a screw gun, they will weld themselves to nutplates/nut clips. Did you not inspect the bellcrank kit before you installed it? I dont care who I am getting my parts from, new out of the box or used, I always give them a once over. I am not a strictly 4WDH buyer, but, I have bought enough through them to know they have great customer service and will do what it will take to right a wrong.

Comment

I will give you a chance. I will remove the parts from my Jeep, photograph them and my old ones and send them to you. Notice however, I am not asking for anything but what customers pay for, SERVICE after the sale, not lip service from someone who answers the phone and knows nothing about parts, installation, automotive mechanics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X