Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
how do I "white shade" a quote in my thread Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how do I "white shade" a quote in my thread

    I tried to copy or highlight a quote from a few threads up and then paste with my question. It sort of worked that I was able to copy the information, but when I applied to my responce it was just in grey background, which makes it look like I simply typed it. I see the quote reply in a white box often so I just must be missing something kind of easy, thanks

  • #2
    If you want to quote someone, hit the quote button in the lower righthand corner of the response that you want to take your quote from, and everything will be set up correctly for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by scobar View Post
      I tried to copy or highlight a quote from a few threads up and then paste with my question. It sort of worked that I was able to copy the information, but when I applied to my responce it was just in grey background, which makes it look like I simply typed it. I see the quote reply in a white box often so I just must be missing something kind of easy, thanks
      Originally posted by dj_jeepin View Post
      If you want to quote someone, hit the quote button in the lower righthand corner of the response that you want to take your quote from, and everything will be set up correctly for you.
      You can do more than one at a time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by scobar View Post
        I tried to copy or highlight a quote from a few threads up and then paste with my question. It sort of worked that I was able to copy the information, but when I applied to my responce it was just in grey background, which makes it look like I simply typed it. I see the quote reply in a white box often so I just must be missing something kind of easy, thanks
        yep, it worked...

        Comment


        • #5
          How do you only quote part of a previous post?

          Comment


          • #6
            just click the quote button and then delete what you don't want in it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blupupher View Post
              just click the quote button and then delete what you don't want in it.
              I 've tried that several times, and then the quote turns out in gray, but I've seen it in white from lots of other posts??????????

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
                I 've tried that several times,
                works for me

                Comment


                • #9
                  PHP Code:
                  [QUOTE=NOCHEEPGAS;253329]'ve tried that several times, and then the quote turns out in gray,[/QUOTE] 
                  Gives you this:
                  Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
                  I 've tried that several times, and then the quote turns out in gray,

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
                    I 've tried that several times, and then the quote turns out in gray,
                    I'll try again

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      easy, thanks

                      Originally posted by dj_jeepin View Post
                      If you want to quote someone, hit the quote button in the lower righthand corner of the response that you want to take your quote from, and everything will be set up correctly for you.
                      cool, thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just make sure every quote has complete tags in front [ quote] and at the end [ /quote] (spaces added in the field so it would not actually qoute)

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X