X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website suggestion

Ok, I have no clue how your database is set up, so I don't know if this would even be feasable, but here goes:

I was just browsing for lift kits. I know the amount of lift I want and my vehicle. It would be really helpful (and ahead of everyone else) if a user could choose a vehicle (say, 1986 CJ7) and a 2" lift kit. It would then display a list of all lift kits between 1.5" and 2.5" from all manufacturers, displaying maybe a table of what the kit comes with (shocks, etc).

This way, the user can find a cross section of what they want easily, without having to drill down to a specific kit, then browse back to compare other kits.

Right now, the easiest way is to use the search, but then you still have to refine by vehicle, even if you have chosen a specific rig in the header. I chose my CJ and the search netted me a ton of TJ, XJ and YJ stuff too.

Thanks for the info. We're currently working on something like this to narrow down your search for lift kits.

Comment

I had thought of something like that too, maybe you could add a percentage of completeness (for lift kits ( I am looking for the most complete one on the market for my brother), e.g. minus shocks= 90%, complete=100% you get the idea), and maybe have an area where reviews can be written. I own somethings that 4wd.com sells that have been nothing but problematic and have actually damaged my Jeep...I didn't buy them from you guys.

Comment

IMO summit racing has the best search i've used for auto parts.

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR View Post
          IMO summit racing has the best search i've used for auto parts.
          It is good...

I'm working on making ours better.

I have a few things in the works right now, such as:

Better Lift Kit search
          Better Tire search

With the lift kit search, as Kelly said, we were discussing the different factors of what a customer would like to see when searching for a complete (or close to complete) lift kit.

I currently have the following parameters for suspension/lift kits:

Amount of Lift - 1.5", 2", 4.5", 8", etc...
          Max Tire Size - 31x10.50, 33x12.50, 35x12.50, etc...
          Shocks Included - Yes or No

At this point I am working or getting those specs to show up in the search. Currently, only the Lift Size is showing up, and it isn't being consistent, so I need to work those bugs out as well.

Please let me know anything else you would like to see, and I will see the feasibility of incorporating it in to the search.

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD View Post
            It is good...

I'm working on making ours better.

I have a few things in the works right now, such as:

Better Lift Kit search
            Better Tire search

With the lift kit search, as Kelly said, we were discussing the different factors of what a customer would like to see when searching for a complete (or close to complete) lift kit.

I currently have the following parameters for suspension/lift kits:

Amount of Lift - 1.5", 2", 4.5", 8", etc...
            Max Tire Size - 31x10.50, 33x12.50, 35x12.50, etc...
            Shocks Included - Yes or No

At this point I am working or getting those specs to show up in the search. Currently, only the Lift Size is showing up, and it isn't being consistent, so I need to work those bugs out as well.

Please let me know anything else you would like to see, and I will see the feasibility of incorporating it in to the search.
            More XJ parts!!

Comment

Well, i think a review section may eat up site space, so maybe a poll telling the satisfaction of the part(s)

Comment

i just like their drill down capabilities. you can search for a locker, then it lets you drill down either by brand, price, axle, vehicle, etc. this saves me having to put in all the "+", "or" and whatever parameters.

then when you pick what you want it gives you the pic/price/availability..blah blah blah....

again though, this is just me. others might hate it.

Comment

Working...
                X