Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
moderator approval of messages? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • moderator approval of messages?

    So. I'm reading and posting, like I do most nights, and I start geting this message about my post won't show until a moderator aproves it.

    I do something wrong? Sorry if I did!

    (and yes, I'm logged in as me, not a guest or anything.)

  • #2
    This is something I am running here since the recent closure of topics on JU. This will let us moderate posts before they are live on the site. It's only temporary.

    Comment


    • #3
      Had that thought too. Coolness.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was wondering the same thing, I thought I did something to tick off the mods at me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same here, I just sent off two PM's to Magoo.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mr Guin, can you PM your Name, and old address, and a phone number wouldn't hurt either so I can update your account. Kelly forwarded me your info, for address change.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TJMagoo View Post
              This is something I am running here since the recent closure of topics on JU. This will let us moderate posts before they are live on the site. It's only temporary.

              This has to be driving you guys nuts by now! Sorry for contributing to the chaos with the smilies (I guess) making them not pass right away.

              Comment


              • #8
                okay...

                ...this delayed post thing sucks ALREADY... I've started sending out letters in the post again at .42 a pop.

                How 'temporary' is 'temporary'?

                And what in the hell went on over on JU that you guys have to retard our OT like this?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow - no need to get bent out of shape about this. It is not that big of deal.

                  JU off topic, as well as other forums over there, were shut down this week. We're doing this to prevent any trash from being posted before we see it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Makes sense!!
                    and WoW some of the stuff that goes on that JU site???
                    Gotta respect that Kel!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yes...it IS...

                      Originally posted by TJMagoo View Post
                      Wow - no need to get bent out of shape about this. It is not that big of deal.

                      JU off topic, as well as other forums over there, were shut down this week. We're doing this to prevent any trash from being posted before we see it.
                      Kelly, since you guys are reading all this before it gets posted, and can remove it either way no matter what, I will take exception to your 'explanation' and also accept the fact that this post may not make it into the 'public arena'. Granted this is a commercial board and we are held captive by THE RULES. However, an impediment to the free flow of speech is a big deal no matter where it takes place. Also, not a single member of this board had a damned thing to do with shutting down the JU playground.

                      I don't want to wait however many minutes OR HOURS to see the results of a post I've made to someone who has just experienced a real life crisis.

                      This is a crock of you know what. If you don't have the staff to moderate the board, shut the damned thing down until the JU idiots find another place to play. I hate the way a small number of folk come into this place and disrupt things for those who contribute by THE RULES a majority of the time.

                      This looks like a very lazy way to moderate a forum to me. I'm sure it looks the same way to many of those who keep this place alive as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can live with that.

                        It might suck (YES, it does) but if the other option is to have trash posted and the board having problems or being down because of what's posted I rather take it as given that posting posts in OT is a bit retarded...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by blackwater View Post
                          Kelly, since you guys are reading all this before it gets posted, and can remove it either way no matter what, I will take exception to your 'explanation' and also accept the fact that this post may not make it into the 'public arena'. Granted this is a commercial board and we are held captive by THE RULES. However, an impediment to the free flow of speech is a big deal no matter where it takes place. Also, not a single member of this board had a damned thing to do with shutting down the JU playground.

                          I don't want to wait however many minutes OR HOURS to see the results of a post I've made to someone who has just experienced a real life crisis.

                          This is a crock of you know what. If you don't have the staff to moderate the board, shut the damned thing down until the JU idiots find another place to play. I hate the way a small number of folk come into this place and disrupt things for those who contribute by THE RULES a majority of the time.

                          This looks like a very lazy way to moderate a forum to me. I'm sure it looks the same way to many of those who keep this place alive as well.
                          If you don't like it, then you can go somewhere else.
                          Impeding free flow of speech. Give me a break. So there is a delay in the post. If it is that important, PM the member.

                          Some of JU's crew caused quite a bit of a mess a while back, and that was just 1 or two of them, not a whole pissed off group. We had people whining about how we handled it then. We have some whining about how we are doing it now.
                          Yes, it is a shame that a few disrupt the majority, but that is the way life is.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blupupher View Post
                            If you don't like it, then you can go somewhere else.Impeding free flow of speech. Give me a break. So there is a delay in the post. If it is that important, PM the member.

                            Some of JU's crew caused quite a bit of a mess a while back, and that was just 1 or two of them, not a whole pissed off group. We had people whining about how we handled it then. We have some whining about how we are doing it now.
                            Yes, it is a shame that a few disrupt the majority, but that is the way life is.
                            That is a great idea. Please remove my name from this board.

                            Im sorry to the good people who visit here, I will miss your words. But some the mods here have really outgrown their britches. I didnt like this delay either but this response is typical. So, I will take your advise. I dont like it and I will go somewhere else.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks guys - it's either moderate off topic threads FOR NOW before they are live, or take a chance and see the most rediculous off the wall pictures being posted (do you really want to see some guy's butt explode?) or do you want people to be able to come on here, and post personal information about you or any other member of this forum?

                              As I said, this is only temporary. Believe it or not, I am doing this to protect the users of this board. I don't want anyone to leave the forum, but I can not make you stay either.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X