X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a how-to/DIY section?

It would be cool to have a DYI/how-to section in the forum. I know some things will be missed in the installation processes but a basic outline of the installation of various parts/ accessories would be very helpful. The first time I changed the brakes I had to ask to see which shoe was the primary and secondary...see...basic stuff. I am sure some people would have no problem showing and detailing issues they have encountered with wrenching as even the most basic installations/alterations can be troublesome for inexperienced Jeepers.

88 Sahara

Consider my vote cast your way

Comment

Can you give me some more info:

How does or would this section differ from the basic tech forums we have on the site now? I'm opne to suggestions for adding forums and such, but if they already fall or could fall into the forums we currently have, I would rather us use them, instead of creating a bunch of new forums. Only concern I have is users would get confused on where to post this info if we add more forums. Does that make sense?

Comment

Maybe some of us ole' timers could post up our experiences/certifications so to speak. Maybe this could help the newcomers. We've got guys on here that are a wiz at electrical and such. And Rodney is up on the XJ's. I worked for Chrysler/Jeep for about 16 yrs., up until I opened my own Jeep shop.
        Aw heck I think the fella is on to somethin'????

Comment

wow, I had no idea anyone responded to this idea. sorry for the delay, lemme get some ideas together and ill get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TJMagoo View Post
            Can you give me some more info:

How does or would this section differ from the basic tech forums we have on the site now? I'm opne to suggestions for adding forums and such, but if they already fall or could fall into the forums we currently have, I would rather us use them, instead of creating a bunch of new forums. Only concern I have is users would get confused on where to post this info if we add more forums. Does that make sense?
            yeah that makes sense, but I was thinking more of a largely sticky thread section that does have the "the little plastic thingy broke how do I fix it" and now you have to go the how to section, I'm talking like, installing axles, brakes, lockers, winches, body work, lifts, interior upkeep, how to check u-joints, fluids, clutch, lines, and electrical issues... mainly major and routine common fixes/upgrades, Issues that the majority of Jeepers encounter while wheeling and fixing up to wheel and common troubleshooting procedures. It would be rather trivial to put every single little thing in the how to section, but I think this would be a great help to us especially newbies.

Comment

There use to be a section on here and if I am not mistaken it was part of the FAQ. I have tried to search but can't find it. It use to list all oil capcities and types as well as much other information. Just can't find it any more. It should be a sticky!

Comment

Working...
              X