X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search feature doesn't work

Since the forum has upgraded, I can't get the search function to work..... is there a problem or am I just an idiot?

Yes...

It is another glitch of the forum upgrade being worked on.
    Last edited by Blupupher; 02-19-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I guess the search is still broken, this is frustrating

Comment

i tried it too. seems like you are not the only one experiencing the problems. it's an issue with the forum.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_4wheel.jpg

Comment

What are you searching for to see that it doesn't work? I just tested it, typed in meet and greet and it worked.

Edit: I also tested the advance search by looking for all of my posts in the last month and it worked there too.

Give me more info on what you guys are seeing or doing to get no search results.

Comment

I just searched for SYE, nothing.
            Locker, got 7 results total (goes back to 2/26/10). Searched locker with my user name, got 0 results (but I know I have written the word locker many times here, 2 off hand, HERE and HERE).

edit: when I did advance search and changed it to search titles only and my name, it did find the FAQ.
            Searching without my name brings up several pages. Seems the search is not searching posts for the keywords?
            Last edited by Blupupher; 03-11-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I tried to search for a question about a serpentine belt and it gave two posts, both were about seat belts. I was also trying to find something about and automatic tensioner and didn't get any results.

Comment

I'm searching for "roll bar" and get results for only the last two months. Thanks for your help.

Comment

a sad state of affairs . . .

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                  ... and get results for only the last two months. Thanks for your help.
                  I just read through the 'disappointed in 4wd' thread and saw that once again, a legitimate customer complaint wound up getting locked. Since the board's recent update, the search absolutely sucks, and it doesn't appear that enough people are interested these days to actually make it work again. I may be, and often am, an idiot, but if you plug in 'relay' with no other parameters, you should get more than eighteen hits that carry you all the way back to February of '10.

I've been a member for awhile now and I've spent several thousands on Myrtle at 4WD. I don't really know what has happened to the board overall, but the ability to search the enormous amount of knowledge that has been posted here was one of this site's major assets.

I recently paid a hundred bucks for seat covers that are worth every bit of fifty cents. The first set fell apart while I was trying to install them. Upon calling 4WD I believe I discovered what has happened to our once revered off-road supplier. The lady couldn't have cared less that the Chinese crap I bought fell apart, (she actually laughed about it) and wanted me to pay to ship the junk back. When she finally consented to e-mail a return label for UPS, I saw that the e-mail came from TAP (TransAmericaParts). Well, this Chinese crap is exactly that, Chinese Crap. I know, I know, 4WD is the 'middle man'. I've heard this sh it until I'm sick of it. 4WD and all the other 'middle men' out there in the aftermarket off road businesses owe it to their customers to demand higher quality for our machines AND our DOLLAR.

A Chinese seamstress made my seat covers for five bucks. I was charged a hundred for them. This sounds like the ticket if you're in 'business' doesn't it? Well, crap isn't worth ten cents, let alone a hundred bucks and the aftermarket CUSTOMER world is figuring this out in a BIG way.

What does selling me crap have to do with the 'search function'? All I can say is 'connect the dots'. I have no doubt whatsoever that 4WD has dedicated employees who are knowledgeable and committed to the world of Jeepers. (The company was built on this ethic.) I also know that the current global economy, the downturn, and the huge corporate mindset that TAP has brought to 4WD reminds me over and again of what has happened to GM and Chrysler. By the skin of their freakin' teeth and blind luck, Ford escaped. Is TAP big enough to continue to treat their customers like the aforementioned? Is 4WD?

Is it too much to ask to get the GD search function working again? Kelly, your or Blu feel free to lock the thread now. Better yet, erase my post and hope you can keep fooling the folk until retirement.

Comment

Like I said a few posts above, give me exactly the info you are entering in the search and what you are expecting to see. When I try to test it, everything I enter works for me. I can't fix it if I can't see the same problems you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by TJMagoo View Post
                      Like I said a few posts above, give me exactly the info you are entering in the search and what you are expecting to see. When I try to test it, everything I enter works for me. I can't fix it if I can't see the same problems you are seeing.
                      I did give this information in March with no response - but here it goes again. I searched for "YJ family roll bar" and get threads dating back to 2/2010. I have my settings marked to show all threads regardless of age. What am I expecting to see? Posts from a few years back on the subject. It appears that the transition to a new and better site has wiped away or isolated from access years of collected wisdom. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

Do you know if any threads exist from a year ago with that subject? In cases like this, you will have to use the advanved search and set the date to a year ago and newer. The current search for the forums only looks at the last 30 days.

Comment

Ok I did some more testing. I'm going to have to go back to Vbulletin to see why this is doing this.

I did a search for damage report hoping to pull a thread from the 2005 meet and greet. Instead it only gave me ONE result from a thread in 2003 about removing stickers. So now I have an example of a search term, a thread that exisits with this title and results that are not showing it. Let me see what the forum software place says..

Comment

Any hope for the search function yet? I'm searching for "sway bar bushing." What exact information do I hope to see? The collective wisdom of the members of this forum on that topic. It would be hard to believe that there were no posts on that subject before February, 2010. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Still working with vbulletin to figure this out. I will let you know once I get an answer or a fix to the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X