Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a 4-door Rubicon Yesterday!!!!!

I ordered my Rubicon yesterday and I can't wait!!!! Jeep Green, MyGIG, 6-speed, I've owned over ten Jeeps, but this will be my first new one, I can't wait to take her out and see what she can do! Though I am a little worried about that 3.8L I heard that it is kind of dog in the 4-door, I really wanted a CRD........

Hey 74jpcj5,

Nice! Any ETA on when you can expect it to arrive? Took mine almost 4 months but would have taken longer had I ordered mine with the MyGig radio. I have an 07 Rubicon 2DR 6spd. and at the time, the dealer told me the MyGig was holding up all Jeep orders because of some sort of design flaw. It seems, the MyGig was a little too sensative for the thrashing around it gets when you're off road. I thought this to be a blessing in disguise anyway since I got a great deal on a top of the line Garmin Nuvi, $400.00 from a buddy of mine. It is portable, pretty sturdy and with a large memory card, I can use it as an MP3 player.

I hope the radio doesn't hold up delivery of your Jeep bro. Other guys were saying it took them much longer to get theirs. I do know one thing, when you get it, you're going to love it! I just bought a new Highrock Bumper, Warn Winch 9000i and two sets of KC lights for mine.

Later bro and good luck!
    Jeep_0480

Comment

the gears make all the difference, and once it breaks in it gets a LOT better. the first 1500 miles you might be slightly concerned, but it gets better.

Comment

My dealer said that it should take from two weeks to ten weeks to get it in (they must be getting caught-up on building them), but I can't wait! I'm planing on getting a "Highrock" or a "Rugged Ridge" Winch bumper..... Thanks for the input on my new Jeep....

Comment

I never had to break my JK in, it was already done for me....

I bought mine used with 4,900 miles on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 74jpcj5 View Post
            or a "Rugged Ridge" Winch bumper...

good choice right there!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Jeep/Jeep1.jpg

Comment

ordered a 4-door

Took me almost 6 mounths.Must have been the half doors.Havent seen but one other since mine.You will have to get used to the throttle. It is a lot differant from what you have been used to.Its a little slow up and down.I love mine and get 21 in toun and 24 hwy with 6700 miles.Flat lander thou.

Comment

Thanks for all the input everybody! I picked her up today!!! Built on Tuesday and the dealership got it on Wednesday night (I love living within 100 miles of the Jeep factory!) I have only put about 50 miles on so far, but it is sweet!!!
                I would put a picture in if I knew how, but I can't figure it out!

Comment

Working...
                X