X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless intake and exhaust manifold bolts

i am looking for a set of stainless intake and exhaust manifold bolts for my 2.5, anyone know a good place to find some? summit racing cant find any and told me to ask here.

your kidding me, nobody knows where to find these?

Comment

did you try searchin the site or google? im sure you could find them if you really tried...

Comment

I'll help. You don't want stainless bolts for the manifolds. Stainless bolts aren't meant to be torqued to those specs. If you try, the threads will gauld and the bolt will be worthless.

Comment

ok, good enough, no stainless on the exhaust manifold then.

i did search the 4wd jeep book i just got and did not see them in it, so i just assumed since there are people that work for 4wd on this forum, that they would chime in, like they did with my clutch question. i alos searched some sites for them and had no luck, but there are a ton of sites out there.

can 4wd get just regular manifold bolts then? i noticed 1 of mine is missing when i was under it a week ago.

Comment

theres this really cool new place around here. give me a sec to remember what its called............

oh yeah. a hardware store!

just remove one, go to the store, say "i need 1 of these" and poof! you get one.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPLT1 View Post
              theres this really cool new place around here. give me a sec to remember what its called............

oh yeah. a hardware store!

just remove one, go to the store, say "i need 1 of these" and poof! you get one.
              WOW, you big city folks in California have those............and you call them the same thing we do..............WOW

boy you big city folks is smarter then us back country folk i guess...............boy, i would have never thought of doing that..........thanks A/H. so does it really work like magic and "poof" it will just appear when i tell the guy at the counter i need one? or will he go get it for me..........

excuse me for trying to give 4wd some business instead of my local hardware store.
              Last edited by bigrubbers4x4; 04-26-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

sorry i made the assumption that you would have called them to ask if they had them. besides why pay shipping and wait when you could get bolts nearby. i support the little local guys even if it cost a few cents more.

oh and yes us california type folk have new high tech stores that are magical!

Comment

Working...
                X