X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower radiator hose?

has anyone ever had their fan cut into the lower rad hose? luckily i was pulling in to the garage as it split. i replaced the hose but i am wondering why the fan made contact with the hose? body flex? the bottom output on the rad seems??? to be bent upward just a tad but i have nothing to compare it to.

Do you have a 258 with power steering by any chance? If so, it was most likely the ps belt that cut the hose and not the fan. Even if it was the fan, check your motor mounts, they are prolly trash.

Comment

Do you have a body lift? If you have a tall body lift (3") and did not drill new mounting holes in your radiator bracket to drop the radiator, your fan can hit the lower hose.

Comment

I had a 73 do this to me in the middle of Silver Lake.
        Check to make sure your front mount is working. Hit a bump the whole grill and radiator came up. Wasn't mounted down, rusted off.

Comment

Radiator Mount...

Originally posted by Lost-One
          I had a 73 do this to me in the middle of Silver Lake.
          Check to make sure your front mount is working. Hit a bump the whole grill and radiator came up. Wasn't mounted down, rusted off.

Just changed the radiator in Myrtle. The radiator frame was detached from the radiator on the lower hose side but you couldn't look at it and tell. I realized it when I was trying to get the lower hose off. Nothing holding the raddy in place on the driver's side but the hose itself. When the water is hot the hoses get very pliable. Maybe the radiator is doing a dance on you...

Comment

I'd agree on thew PS belt being the culprit. I caught mine before it split but found a nice gouge worn in my lower hose and it matched right up to the belt.

Comment

so if it was the ps belt how do i fix it? looks like one motor mount is trach so those need to be replaced.

Comment

To fix the PS belt problem, replace both motor mounts and the trany mounts with either new stock mounts (OK fix) or new poly mounts (best fix) Then check on body lift alignment etc.

Comment

Working...
                X