X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was a military recruiter and...

If I was a military recruiter and I could convince some kid to sign away his life based on a 'promise' written on a post it note... I'd do it too... because I could justify that this person is obviously too naive in the ways of the world to be a productive member of society... NOT signing them up would only make them a victim of a real criminal, they're probably end up in jail or on welfare themselves... They will (or at least should) thank me for duping them into the army/navy/airforce/etc... so they have half a shot to learn something and probably return home alive and with most limbs intact.

Let me pose another question... let's say you were duped thinking you'd only spend 4 years in the military and you get the GI bill to pay part or all of your schooling. In the 5th year you participate in a mission to free some hostages... Are you a hero? If it was up to you, you wouldn't even have been there at that point- after all you only joined for free GI Bill money... While it's definitely a job well done, I'm not sure you could bestow the title of Hero on to someone who signed up for the money and if they had it their way wouldn't even have been in the military, let alone in harms way, 5 years later.

Deep thoughts by BOP5.

BOP, you could never be a military recruiter because I think they still need to pass the fitness tests and you sure as hell couldn't do that.

Why are you such an ??

Comment

Recruiters are members of the armed forces as well. So, yet another qualification the fat man doesn't meet.

Comment

It would be quite humorous watching him tryin to get through one of those obstacle courses. I have visions of Full Metal Jacket and private Pyle trying to do a pull up. That's what we should call the troll, Pyle

High5

Comment

Originally posted by High5
          It would be quite humorous watching him tryin to get through one of those obstacle courses. I have visions of Full Metal Jacket and private Pyle trying to do a pull up. That's what we should call the troll, Pyle

High5
          didn't he blow his head off after basic?

Comment

YEP

Comment

Originally posted by texascj
              ... yet another qualification the fat man doesn't meet.
              Awww come on Tex...can't we just point out the fact that he's an arse insted of the fact that he's a fat-arse. Making ME feel bad for the tub of butter that I have become...

Comment

I for one support the military. I wouldn't want to not have one.
                And recruiters are needed. They serve a very good purpose. There are many people that could not get ahead in life without the military. Now I have to admit there are some that should never go into it. But like everything else there are always bad examples, take you BOP for instance.
                Now as for a hero, no matter what the reason for the persons to be in the spot at the given time, you are a hero if the time comes and you step up and do the task at hand.
                There was a movie out that delt with that. I cannot remember the name of it but it had Dustin Hoffman, Gena Davis, and Andy Garcia.

Comment

if you have time this is the screenplay for full metal jacket. Is this what boot camp is like... lol

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0065.html

Comment

Originally posted by YJownerCJlover
                    if you have time this is the screenplay for full metal jacket. Is this what boot camp is like... lol

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0065.html
                    Check this out, YJ. This is the guy that actually 'wrote' the stuff:

http://www.gustavhasford.com/

He was the 'real deal'.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg
                      Awww come on Tex...can't we just point out the fact that he's an arse insted of the fact that he's a fat-arse. Making ME feel bad for the tub of butter that I have become...
                      Don't feel like the lone ranger. I too have a little butter but "man flab" is in. Fat, in his case, is not. So, you and I are part of the elite.

Comment

Thanks, Texas, I feel so much better about myself.

Comment

Speaking as a military man, over 9 years on active duty with a tour in Iraq, I felt I should throw my comments out on this one. and here is what they are.

the military is here to protect America, to include all of her people and what she stands for. Freedom of speech and all. BOP is entitled to his own opinion. I am in no way saying that I support what he says, but I think that everyone that tells him his ideas arent right or shouldnt be said is in fact opposing what America stands for in denying his freedom of speech.

i have gone to peace rallies, in uniform, and spoke my mind. Not to support their ideas, but to let them know that they people that they are speakign out against are the ones that protect their right to speak.

Ok, i will get off of my now. Take a minute to think about that and let me know what you think.

Comment

Thank you USMCJeeper - well said.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                              Check this out, YJ. This is the guy that actually 'wrote' the stuff:

http://www.gustavhasford.com/

He was the 'real deal'.
                              from what i know. R. Lee Ermey wrote the basic training script. it was prewritten but he thought it was too corny and unrealistic. he rewrote the entire speech to be much more accurate. he would not talk to the actors or extras who played the recruits because he wanted them to have real reactions. in the movie you can see that some of them get truly scared and that is the actual reaction to Ermey, not acting. just fyi

Comment

Working...
                              X