X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin stick options

Now I'm not saying this is the best idea to come around, but is sure seems like a nice one. check it out.

7slotgrille.com/tech/twin/index. html

I love cool cheap stuff and this qualifies on both counts!
    Last edited by thejeepingoat; 03-09-2009, 11:52 PM.

let me show my ignorance for a minute...
    how does the double shifter help/change your vehicle's performance? building it looks super simple and i realize that the 2 arms that come out of the front of the transfer case can move independently, so i'm assuming if you do this you can make a different selection for the front wheels from the back wheels. is this right? what's the deal?

Comment

you can use fwd or rwd with twin sticks. it comes in handy when you're trying to manuver around stuff (like a rock) in tight quarters. it's also nice if you blow a ujoint to have the bad drive shaft yoke not spin at the tcase.

Comment

so which side controls front and which side controls rear?

Comment

Here is a thread that covers it
          http://www.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforums/...ght=twin+stick
          You can engage just the front axle or just the rear axle (1 at a time)
          So if your pinched against a tree you can unlock the rear axle and put the front in 4lo turn your wheels and punch it and slide kinda sideways off the tree.

Comment

I love cheap tech build ups, i think I am going to attempts this!

Comment

I like the idea dose it work on the D20

Comment

I believe it will work on a d20, but i dont think you will have front wheel only 4LO. I think you will have front wheel only 4HI.
                If i find the thread in another forum again i will post it here.

Comment

twin stick shift pattern

Originally posted by FUBAR View Post
                  you can use fwd or rwd with twin sticks. it comes in handy when you're trying to manuver around stuff (like a rock) in tight quarters. it's also nice if you blow a ujoint to have the bad drive shaft yoke not spin at the tcase.
                  I'm getting closer (a few months) to actually finishing my build, and I have no idea what the shift pattern is for the twin stick on a dana 300. Plus they seem a little stiff (motor off) is that normal? and how much travel should there be, it looks like I get about 1/2" in 1/2" out on both levers

Comment

the amount of travel depends on how long your levers are. mine got about 4-5 inches total throw length. as far as sticky, they can be hard to shift. before i twin sticked i could not shift the tcase when sitting still. i had to be moving.

Comment

Does anyone have a cached copy of the article or one similar? That link is long dead.

Comment

Sorry took so long

Had a paper copy from bef. computer prob. Hope this works! Two plates, easy to make

Comment

Just found a whole write
                          http://www.cjoffroad.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6148
                          Last edited by 5 SPD XJs; 04-13-2009, 10:01 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Sweet! Thanks much!!!

Comment

You have to remove the interlock pin/pill in the shifter linkage of the D20 to get full range with the twinstick. Unless there is a trick I'm not aware of, the down side is you have to take the whole damn transfer case apart to get to the interlock pin because the shift rails have to come out and it's all contained in the Fwd section of the transfer case. I don't have an electronic copy of the parts diagram, but if you get hold of one, you'll see what I mean. The other side is without the interlock pin, you can do stupid stuff, like put the front in low and the rear in high. That kinda whoops can do a number on ya. Also, with twin sticks, smooth linkage through the full range of motion in the shifter is key. You have to have every hole and bolt loose enough and greased enough to make the full range of motion without friction or they will bind and be difficult to shift. On mine the smallest of adjustments made all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X