X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.B. Antenna Mounting Bracket.

Ok i just went and bought a C.B. antenna rfom radio shack and the mounting bracket it came with doesn't really look like it will go anywhere. I will try and get some pictures up later but basically i could drill some holes in my back bumper and mount it there but then the cable coming from the antenna seems like it could get hung up on trees or branches or even bushes and get ripped out. How did everyone else mont there C.B. antennas? Pictures would be greatl appreciated.
    Thanks

well first i mounted it here

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...7oOCxEP_ph.jpg

but that was too weak of a mounting point and it cracked the metal so i moved it using the same mount to the rear tire carrier, no good pic yet but i'll try to get you one this weekend

Comment

did you get the ball mount from radio shack with the 3 screws that screw into the bumper? ill get some pictures and try to post them of my set up. ive never had a single problem with the coax cable getting hung up on anything off road and i drive through a good bit off stuff during deer season that could catch the cable.

Comment

Originally I had taken a Mirror Mount clamp type bracket, tossed the backing plate, and modified the L-bracket part of it so that I could make it fit on the top passenger side bolt holding the spare tire carrier to the back door. That worked well for me for a while. Now it is on the Hanson tire carrier.

Comment

I use an Arizona Rocky Road mount. www.arizonarockyroad.com I had to clean off a little bit of rust and repaint it...their coat of paint isn't enough for michigan salted winters....

Comment

Bumper mount

Thats how I did mine. No problems so far.
            The coax goes right into the bumper then behind the rear fender and follows the tail light wires throught the rubber gromet to the inside.
            http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/3...tena1si.th.jpg

Comment

I've mounted them to the bumper like thoes. Seem to work good as long as you get a good ground and they are long enough to be about as tall as the jeep.

I have mine mounted to the tail light gaurd that I welded a small tab to. works good for me. I did have some pics on here but don't know where they went.

I built a tire carrier and put a mount on it also, that works good too, you can use the factory tire carrier also. Just make sure you have a good ground.

Comment

Originally posted by green Rubi
                Thats how I did mine. No problems so far.
                The coax goes right into the bumper then behind the rear fender and follows the tail light wires throught the rubber gromet to the inside.
                http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/3...tena1si.th.jpg

This is the Exact bracket that came with mine. I can get pretty wild onb the trails sometimes though and don't wanna rip that cable outta there. An ideas?

Comment

I have a teraflex mounting bracket that puts the antenna just to the outside of the tailight and uses the same screws as the taillight. you can run the cable right in the corner of the top over the tailgate, whether you have a hard or soft top.

http://teraflx.com/productImages/CBM.jpg

I ran it for a little while, but decided to to go with a ball mount on the side of the tub in an effort to get better reception. Didn't help, but now I have a 1" hole in the side of my tub, so the ball mount stays.

If you'd like the teraflex bracket you can have it for $15 shipped, plus the cable adapter and stuff.

Comment

I made these but you can buy similar radio and antenna mounts

Comment

I just finished mounting mine this afternoon, and I used a bracket almost identical to the taraflex bracket. I wasn't able to feed the antenna wire through the tail-light wire grommet because I've got the hardtop on and the soft-top is down over the entry for the wires (just can't reach it) so I drilled a hole coming in from the side just below the latch for the tailgate. Everything works great!

Comment

Working...
                      X