X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under hood wiring

Had a few wiring problems with the Scrambler this winter. I am SO tired of the stock ignition setup. Is there a way I can just rewire under the hood and upgrade to a better ignition system? I have a Ford 302 and I was thinking of EFI. Is this a headache? Or would it be preferable? I was thinking that the coil/distributor would be replaced as well as that crap ignition box that ford was so proud of. These are my problems and my theoretical solution. Anyone have input? I've never done this before. Then again, who of us have never said that about our jeeps?

so you have a Ford 302 in your '82 Scrambler. where does the wiring from the Ford engine meet the wiring from the Jeep dash? There should be a bulkhead connector in there going through the firewall. you can probably buy what your asking for.

Comment

They would really sell a plug and play? What about the EFI? Would they have this on 4wd.com?

Comment

painless wiring harness for the 302 EFI. has all the connectors and wires that you need. all you have to do is connect a switched and a constant power i used the one for my chev

Comment

Ya, go painless, it's a nice oxymoron....get the oneles with the labels....SAVE ALL YOUR OLD WIRING! LABEL EVERYTHING! TAKE PICS AND VIDEOS! See my youtube for examples.

Comment

Working...
          X