X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kit question

I have a 2008 wrangler unlimited Sahara and I'm looking into a 2-3" lift kit. Not sure what the best option for me is.. I Really don't off road with it. I drive it everyday so and doing the lift with new tires and rims. I want to keep it as close as I can to having a similar ride as if it were stock but I don't want to do anything half ass with the lift. Mainly doing it for looks and want the best ride I can get as well an still be able to take it on trips and such while having a good ride to it. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks!!

There are 2 routes you can go for a lift for tire clearance. Short arm kit and long arm kit. Generally the long arm kits are used by guys that want a little more suspension articulation. While a short arm kit can save you around $500, it's not always the way to go for a quick gain in height. My reason is, short arm kits come with the taller springs and longer control arms, but mount in stock locations making them sit at big angles which in time is hard on bushings and ride quality. The near flat geometry of a long arm kit is great for ride quality and is easy on suspension components. Another good thing about long arm kits is they come with all new adjustable control arms, and most of the time the lift manufacturer will give you preset adjustments that already correct your pinion angles to compensate for the added lift. So my personal opinion is, if your going to have this jeep a while, spend a little extra money, and go for the long arm. Most of us made that mistake a time or two. Dont forget to but a set of stainless braided extended brake lines either. The Russell lines are great, they install quick and painless. It's a quality product, some of the other require a little "tweaking" to fit

Comment