Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between '97-02 from 2003 and up hardtop?

I know this must be really stupid questions. I was sold a 2002 hardtop on ebay and the wiring and harness wont plug in to work the wiper. Then I bought a harness from somebody but it was the same harness I had in the car. Now the seller of the harness told me I might have a different year hardtop. His kind enough to let me return the item. So, he said I might have a 2003 hardtop. Mind me I have '97 wrangler se. How can I tell what year my hadtop is? My harness I beleive has an 8 or 10 connector and my hardtop is 5 or 6 that is why they won't connect to each other. My other questions is if I have a 2003 hardtop and a '97 wrangler will I be able to buy the harness for it or will the wiring not fit the '97 wrangler?
    My other resolution according from the seller of the harness was to buy a female and male and rewire the harness and the plug. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP............

From what I have been told about the hardtops, a quick way to identify them is by looking for the vents. On 97-02, the venting was done on the hardtop itself. For 03-up the venting was done on the Jeep. My 03 has a vent area right behind where the spare tire carrier was located, right on the rear tailgate door. Seems to be the only way to tell that I know of.

Comment

headers are different for the soft tops between 02 and 03, so its possible the hard top attaches to the windshield differently.

wiring diagram:

http://4x4icon.com/offroad/hardtop_instructions/

you may need to rig something up yourself.
      Last edited by Unlimited; 10-27-2005, 10:06 AM.

Comment

edited:

misread the question... nevermind.. sorry
        Last edited by Hossfly; 10-27-2005, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X