Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some people just don't care.......

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...e/DSCF4799.jpg

geez.......

Let me guess...........it's a shoeshine brush!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E
      Let me guess...........it's a shoeshine brush!!!
      yeaha big one for someone like Shaq
      Last edited by muddeprived; 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Replacing the lower filter will fix that most times.

Comment

Originally posted by Vipers-pit
          lower filter?

Comment

Originally posted by Vipers-pit
            Lower filter?

Looks like the previous owner used that in his sweeper to see how well it worked.

Comment

PO prolly just hooked up a hose to the intake horn and then used that to vaccuum out the interrior while he was on the road... seems practical

Comment

Ouch Man.

I'm thinking you'll wanna watch your oil consumption, etc.
                Or did you just spray paint that puppy a nice, tasteful brown in order to tease us into suggesting upper, lower, middle, right and left side filter changes?

Comment

Looks like someone spent some time wheeling on coal roads!! My XJ filter looked like that after a weekend at Paragon a couple years ago, it was so dry EVERYTHING was covered in coal dust!

What in the world is a lower filter? Thats not even a real thing!

Comment

I'm not really sure what the black stuff is. It falls off in chunks. I'm thinking it's from the engine spray cleaner they used and it made dirt stick to it. Could be coal...who knows. The rest of the intake is spotless, not a dust. I dunno.....but it's DIRTY

My oil level seems to be fine, even with teh rear main leak. I'm changing fluids today and then again next week just to get it as clean as possible. I'm gonna a little nervous about changing the tranny filter though cuz i'm hearing it's a PITA cuz the dipstick tube it attached to the pan and is hard to get off.

Comment

Did you spray the cleaner on the filter? Thats probably what is was!

Comment

Originally posted by RalphXJ
                        Did you spray the cleaner on the filter? Thats probably what is was!
                        No but i did pour a quart of oil in it. Isn't that where the oil goes?

Comment

Originally posted by muddeprived
                          Well there is your problem, your suppose to pour that into the lower filter with your blinker fluid!

Comment

Originally posted by muddeprived

Oh man, can you come over and help me change my left middle filter?
                            I didn't put a full quart in it, and now I'm having trouble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RalphXJ
                              Well there is your problem, your suppose to pour that into the lower filter with your blinker fluid!

only people with chin nuts have a lower filter

Almost forgot...some people don't care...like the person that wanted to know if they waited too long to get their brakes fixed.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...c/P7210012.jpg

as a joke, i took this to a machine shop and told them i wanted it resurfaced/turned.
                              Last edited by FUBAR; 10-10-2007, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X