X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Rubicon thoughts on 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift

I am thinking of installing the skyjacker 2.5 inch suspension lift on a 2004 Rubicon. Has anyone installed this lift? I am thinking of just coils and and shocks and swaybar disconnects. This is a daily driver so just looking for moderate lift to fit tire size up. Also to have a bit more ground clearance. Any thoughts or information is greatly appreciated.

Don't know

I am not sure of the lift. I have a friend that installed a Skyjacker lift on his Dodge Ram. It was ok, but after 6 or 7 months the paint started to chip and flake off the shocks and steering stabilizer. He called them and they said that is not covered. He has never wheeled it, he is a city boy that wants the looks. That is the only experience that I have with them.

Comment

I ran 2.5 skyjacker coils for quite a while. IMO, the ride is was nicer than the superlift, pro comp coils or the rubicon express coils(my current coils) that I have run. I've heard Old Man Emu ride great, but they are really expensive.

Comment

Greatly appreciate your help.Prope did you do run just shocks and coils? Or did you also do conrol arms? I am thinking of goin with shocks and coils and sway bar disconnects since its a rubicon edition. Anymore thoughts?

Comment

Get the Full Traction Econo 3" (about 3.5") lift with monotube shocks. It's only about $740 and rides and flexes great. I love it.

Comment

Thanks i have heard good things about the full traction lift, but think its bit higher than i want to go. Do not want to get into the driveshafts and brakelines, and control arms etc..
            Was also looking at ranchos 2.5 inch lift but as stated the skyjacker rides nicer than the ranchos

Comment

I ran just the nitro shocks and the coils, not the control arms. If you get some disconnects go with the jks quicker disco's... much easier to use.
              Good luck.

Comment

I installed 2.5" spacers on my rubi...06 and front control arms...rough country.. and shocks...very effective and inexpensive...I run 34x10.50x16 ltb interco tires with no rubbing..not crazy about the tires but they work fairly well....will change to a different tire when they wear out....probably go to a wider radial and install wheel spacers....

Comment

3" New black diamond coils...and I'm running the new Rancho adjustables. Great ride.

My second option/opinion would be Bilstien shocks. Coils do a lot...but the shock is where you want to spend your money if it will be a daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                  X