X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmr-rsq
    I wonder if personal watercraft are allowed???
    It's an official water way and due to German law (and we have laws for anything) you're allowed to use all legal water crafts. So you can take boats, cajacs, sailboats (engine driven, not under sail)... whatever you want... BUT no waterskis (not legal on waterways) and no skidoos (same as waterskis)
    So bring your boat John and we pay that bridge a visit ;o)

Comment

Freakin weird

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
        It's an official water way and due to German law (and we have laws for anything) you're allowed to use all legal water crafts. So you can take boats, cajacs, sailboats (engine driven, not under sail)... whatever you want... BUT no waterskis (not legal on waterways) and no skidoos (same as waterskis)
        So bring your boat John and we pay that bridge a visit ;o)
        So if I can get the Navy to issue a hull number for water skis, then I can go water skiing after all!

Cool.

Comment

whats the draft of it? i can just see a sailboat running aground mid channal

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
            So if I can get the Navy to issue a hull number for water skis, then I can go water skiing after all!

Cool.
            Nah, it has to be European licensed Tom...

Comment

Originally posted by fourwheelin49r
              whats the draft of it? i can just see a sailboat running aground mid channal

The draft? They wanted to show they can build it
              Seriously, there was one channel already in place connecting two rivers and being an important waterway. And a couple of years ago they decided that they needed to build another channel connecting two other rivers, but those two rivers are on a different height level than the old channel, so they came up with the idea that they would simply build a water bridge.
              Don't forget that the pic was taken at a weekend, during the week there are almost no trespassers but way more ships and boats on the channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
                The draft?
                See!?! I knew there was gunna be beer!

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
                  See!?! I knew there was gunna be beer!

Sure ;o)
                  I bet there was plenty of beer involved when building that thing there

Comment

That's an awesome structure, but I want to see the cloverleaf that connects the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X