X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Fuel Gauge Calibration.

I installed a SW gauge in Ashley's Jeep and we know how the aftermarket sending units are.
    I need to make the gauge read right for EMPTY.
    It reads 23ohms at full tank.
    I dropped the tank twice and don't want to do it again.

Question, when I add a resistor to the gauge, do I connect it from the "S" terminal to Ground to obtain the right reading using a 73ohm resistor?

Is that how it gets hooked up?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Attachment

Attachment

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    Attached Files

Does anyone have the part number for Radio Shacks potentiometer. This seems to be the easiest way to correct the problem.

Comment

I'm not realy sure if i'm going to answer your Question right or not I don't understand why you think you need a resistor. Your sending unit is a resistor and that controlls the gauge. To get it to read right you'll have to drop the tank one more time. Lie the tank on the floor beside the jeep and run extension wires back to where the wrer hooked in the first place. Fill the tank to a known fullness, 1/4 tank. 1/2 tank. and you will have to remove the sending unit out of the tank and bend the float rod so that the sending unit sends the right ohms that the gauge reads right.

Comment

Rollbar, you will need a SW sending unit that works 33 ohms full, and 240 ohms empty.
        The stock jeep is 10 ohms full and 73 ohms empty. You're setting yourself up for headaches and heartaches if you try to modify the wiring to fit the gauge.

Comment

Re: CJ Fuel Gauge Calibration.

Originally posted by nogoatz View Post
          Rollbar, you will need a SW sending unit that works 33 ohms full, and 240 ohms empty.
          The stock jeep is 10 ohms full and 73 ohms empty. You're setting yourself up for headaches and heartaches if you try to modify the wiring to fit the gauge.
          The SW gauge is a 10/73ohm gauge so the sender is right. I just can't get it to read right.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Comment

Working...
          X