Wheel spacers? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel spacers?

What's happening guys! Has anyone here tried the spidertrax wheel spacers? Would these spacers make a CJ with over sized tires rub? I have an 80' CJ-7 w/ 31'-10.5'-15' tires and a stock suspension. I was wanting to put a set on the front and rear.

I've been pondering the same question. I've got tire/tub rub on full stuff. I "talked" to Bret, as he said "wait for a CHEAP set of wide tracs, then do a 1pc axle set, you'll be happier", so, I'm waitin'. '79 cj-7, wide tracs,locked + GOOD TO GO !!

you'd be better off to buy a new set of rims. they're cheaper and just a better way to go in my opinion.

plus, then you can get trail tires and street tires at some point.

I have wheel spacers from

they are a lot less $$$ than spidertrax.. same material...

They work fine for me.. the only problem I had was that we overtorqued one of the lugs that hold the spacer on, and stripped the stud/aluminum and I had to get 1 new one. The folks at weird harolds were really nice, too.

btw - my CJ7 is not a daily driver... but I do drive it on the street.

I have the Spidertrax 1.25" wheelspacers on my 76CJ7 w/ 4"lift, 33X12.5-15 BFG M/T's, and they cured my tires from rubbing on the springs at full lock. I researched the price of 5 new wheels with the needed backspacing and found the spacers to be a better solution. Someone mentioned wide track axles, but unless you or someone you know has some good welding skills, you're time and money ahead with the wheel spacers. If you can get them cheaper from WeirdHarold, then go for it. Good luck!
          Last edited by tommy76CJ; 04-15-2005, 01:17 PM.

I wouldn't use them. A guy I know bought a new Ruby. He used wheel spacers. His wheel bearing were shot in 8 months. Tires and rims are easier to change then wheel bearings. He throw his away. Thought ya would want to know that.