X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYE and CV Shaft

Ok im totally new to jeeps, never had one, always wanted one, finally got rid of my Tahoe for one, i purchased a 2006 TJ, and I am looking to put a 3 inch lift kit, with a 1 inch body lift, putting 33x1250x15 tires on, and I am going to purchase the SYE, and i was wondering if the rear CV shaft was necessary?
    Last edited by BlueRhino; 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM.

Welcome to the Jeep habit first of all.
    And rather than answer your question, let me ask if you don't mind, why a 2" body lift? You likely wouldn't need it to clear the tires you suggest, and taller body lifts tend to look - there's no way to say this politely so I'll just out with it - stupid.

And by all means, enjoy your Jeep!

Comment

i meant 1 inch body lift

Comment

A sye and a new rear drive shaft go together. If you look in the 4wd catalog they sell rear drive shafts ready to bolt in.
        Last edited by black93xj; 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRhino View Post
          i meant 1 inch body lift
          Sorry if it sounded like I was beating up on you...

(this is based on an '02, so it may not apply) I think it is usually recommended to measure for the required driveshaft after the installation to get the sizing right (length)... but 4wd staff could probably tell you what you needed to know fairly quickly when you're placing your order.

Comment

Working...
          X