Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soffa king
    Slickrock is on the North end of town.
    it is probably the most 4x4 friendly RV parks in Moab
    i am always looking for a good bunch of jeepers to wheel in Moab with.
    That is good news... that's really what we need, a 4x4 friendly park, just in case we need to do a little campsite wrenching.

Well, as mentioned above, we're departing the Ohio area on 9/14, should arrive into Moab on Friday afternoon/evening barring no incidents on the trip there.

Are you stating that for sure you'll make this outing?!? If so, what timeframe do you think you'd be there?

Comment

schedule

Originally posted by Coynster
      That is good news... that's really what we need, a 4x4 friendly park, just in case we need to do a little campsite wrenching.

Well, as mentioned above, we're departing the Ohio area on 9/14, should arrive into Moab on Friday afternoon/evening barring no incidents on the trip there.

Are you stating that for sure you'll make this outing?!? If so, what timeframe do you think you'd be there?
      what is your schedule?
      arriving on Friday, sept 14 and leaving....
      how many rigs are comming on the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by soffa king
        what is your schedule?
        arriving on Friday, sept 14 and leaving....
        how many rigs are comming on the trip?
        From page 4:

We are leaving the great state of Ohio on September 14th @ ~7:00am. We'll be departing the can't-wait-to-get-there state of Utah on September 23rd, bright and early.
        I believe we have 4 confirmed vehicles departing from the Ohio area on the 14th, and I have two confirmed that we are either picking up in Colorado, or they are meeting us there...

Comment

We are down to just about 2 weeks prior to departure.

Could all who are at least 90% sure of joining this adventure please post back. It'd be nice to have an accurate head count.

If you're going to be convoying from Ohio, or would like to meet up along the way, please mention that, and at what spot would you like to meet at.

Lastly, those are going, do you plan on camping at Slick Rock Campground, or what were your plans?

Thanks!

Comment

Counting the days. I'll be staying at Slick Rock.

Anything besides "Jeeplag" we need to know about?

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
              Anything besides "Jeeplag" we need to know about?
              Yeah, great question... if you find the solution to that, please share!

I assume you're going to meet us at the Rest Area? Do you have a co-pilot/relief driver available?

Comment

Originally posted by Coynster
                I assume you're going to meet us at the Rest Area? Do you have a co-pilot/relief driver available?
                Yes
                Supposedly the wife. It was a 100% deal, now it's down to 50%. Family issues have arisen.

Comment

14days

There is only 14 days until we leave for our trip to Moab
                  I am currently for the most part without a computer so if anyone needs to reach me you can do so on my cell phone 574-261-6202 I will see you guys in toledo the morning of the 14th 7:00a.m.

Comment

Are you driving through the night? Where are you guys stopping along the way? You are going to have to be pushing it hard to make it to moab by fri afternoon. Just FYI, it's 6 hours from Denver to Moab, and 8 hours from Omaha to Denver. I am still trying to swing the trip but I wouldnt be able to go until sunday the 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe
                      Are you driving through the night? Where are you guys stopping along the way? You are going to have to be pushing it hard to make it to moab by fri afternoon. Just FYI, it's 6 hours from Denver to Moab, and 8 hours from Omaha to Denver. I am still trying to swing the trip but I wouldnt be able to go until sunday the 17th.
                      It all depends on how many drivers we have. Personally, my buddy and I are able of driving through the night, so the jury is still out on that one.

Sunday the 17th is a fine time to arrive, if you still don't know as it gets closer yet, take down Brandon's mobile and call us! We'll be there all week!

Comment

Last call, anyone!?

Comment

2 days and a wakeup.

Comment

Moab was awsesome !!!

The Trip to Moab was awesome and now it is time to start planning another trip for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon long
                              The Trip to Moab was awesome and now it is time to start planning another trip for next year.
                              Yes it was, and I'm in for next year as well!

Moab, Utah - September 2006 Stats:
                              Toledo, OH to Moab, UT:
                              1625 Miles
                              Moving Time: 26 hrs 38 mins
                              Stopped Time: 14 hrs 42 mins
                              Moving Speed Avg: 61 mph

Moab, UT to Toledo, OH
                              1587 Miles
                              Moving Time: 24 hrs 25 mins
                              Stopped Time: 11 hrs 8 mins
                              Moving Speed Avg: 65 mph

Total miles traveled with GPS including offroad miles: 3,413.

My personal carnage total:
                              Passenger Side u-joint/axle shaft
                              Rear driveshaft u-joint at the axle
                              D30 4.56 R&P on Pritchett's Canyon
                              Capturing a rather large rock between my tire and passenger rear quarter panel giving body damage
                              And I possibly cracked my right rear spring - I've got a significant lean towards the passenger side.

The experience of wheeling in Moab, UT for 5 straight days with sunny skies. Absolutely priceless.

Discussion here:

http://www.ecoyne.com/viewtopic.php?t=4643

Pics here:

http://www.ecoyne.com/photoalbum/thu...s.php?album=70

More photos will be added as I receive them from other people...

Comment

i'm curious as to why it took so much less to get back than to get there. did you take a different route?

EDIT: ok, after really looking i see it's only thirty miles different. that's not much at all when you're covering that great of a distance.

Comment

Working...
                                X