X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When i take my hardtop off...

When i take my hardtop of i unplug the wiring and the winshield wiper washer fluid hose from the harness. The problem i'm having is that even if i don't push the windshild wiper washer fluid buttun it still leaks out the fluid. how can i stop this? do they make a stopper or somthing to plug it with or what? thanks

Why are yoiu doing this? Just leave it alone and don't mess with it.

Comment

I have no hardtop to take off and no washers for the windshield *lol*
      No, seriuosly, I see no reason to unplug those lines to remove the top, so you better leave the lines connected...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff's_Jeep
        When i take my hardtop of i unplug the wiring and the winshield wiper washer fluid hose from the harness. The problem i'm having is that even if i don't push the windshild wiper washer fluid buttun it still leaks out the fluid. how can i stop this? do they make a stopper or somthing to plug it with or what? thanks
        I am assuming that you mean the REAR WINDOW WASHER FLUID HOSE. all you gotta do is find something that fits up in there. On my 95 there is a plug attached to the hose. I have seen people use golf ball tees, or fold it back and rubber band it, just find something to plug it.

Comment

If you goto the Auto Parts store, I am sure they sell something that you could use or make into a plug.

For fuel lines I use a spark plug for a plug and vacuum lines I use screws.

When i take my hardtop of i unplug the wiring and the winshield wiper washer fluid hose from the harness.
          I believe he is talking about the hose that goes to the hardtop. My YJ had a seperate hose that ran to the back and you unplugged the hose and the wiring that went to the rear defrost/wiper. The connections are back by the tailgate.

Comment

My hardtop came with a plug on a lanyard that just hangs off the hose when the hose is hooked up, but I don't see why you couldn't create your own like super squirrel is talking about. Just huck a nail or a golf tee in there and throw some duct tape on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4angrysquirrels
              I am assuming that you mean the REAR WINDOW WASHER FLUID HOSE. all you gotta do is find something that fits up in there.

Oh well, now I see, he drove backwards I'm kidding...

Comment

Everyone I know uses a golf tee, that little plug that comes from the factory gets lost easy.

Comment

I only have a hard top on mine and I use a golf tee. It works much better than the little plug that came with it. Just becareful not to shove it in to far. If you strech it out to much and try to hook it back up it falls off when you try to use the rear window washer.

Comment

haha alright yes i was talking about the rear winshield washer fluid cord were it attaches to the hard top. and i like the idea of a golf tea cause about 5 of my friends just quite golfing so i'm sure they have some laying around to give me.

Comment

I put a piece of electrical tape over the hole, and then wrap another piece around the first piece and the hose. It works real well.

If I forget the tape, the back corner gets soaked.

Comment

yeah i had the same problem no more leaks for me!! thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X