X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust piping

I'm looking to get rid of my exhaust recirc. piping.How could I go about capping off the nipple at the exhaust pipe. I replaced this pipe two years ago and hate to by a new one without the hook-up.

I think your talking about the air pump that would go into a cat conv??

what ever u wish really....weld it....jb weld it....anything that will withstand some sort of heat.....high temp rtv or some household high temp caulk....anything will work...

The exahust gas recirculation is the EGR valve and that should not have any piping its all internal and mounted on the top of the engine and is run by a vacuum line......but i assume your talking about the air pump to cat line....

Comment

Didn't explain

Its not the egr setup but a differnt setup. It exits the first exhaust pipe, goes through a check valve and returns to the intake at the top of the air cleaner.I'm pretty sure this jeep has calif. emmisions on it.

Comment

Pictures would be beneficial to illustrate exactly what you are talking about.

Comment

sure sounds like an air tube to me, with the check valve being a diverter valve and the point of exit from the front pipe being a provision for an air tube...i wanna lose mine too...damn things trashed up two carbs before i realized they were spitting rusty exhaust fumes into my carb instead of sending air into my exhaust stream...damn diverter valve (*The Captain shakes his fist violently in the air)
          Last edited by the Captain; 01-29-2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Plan on getting a digital camera in a few weeks. We can drop this till I get some pic's and try to post um.

Comment

He is talking about the air tube. If you take them off you can plug them with a plug. Don't ask me how I know this I wouldn't do anything to go against the air control people...

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
                He is talking about the air tube. If you take them off you can plug them with a plug. Don't ask me how I know this I wouldn't do anything to go against the air control people...
                they have air control people?...i hope they dont come knockin on my door in the middle of the night...

Comment

There not threaded air tubes that return to the exhaust manifold like those I had on my 68 camaro with an air pump. Wait for the picture.I already got rid of the exhaust cat. converter return tube to the carberator that was dumping rusty moisture into my carb. and trashing it.
                  Last edited by redtail; 01-31-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

How it works is a tube with a bunch of collors that bolt into the manifold with bolts that let air pass through them. You just pull the bolts and replace them with plugs.
                    And yes there are air control people. They are tricky little spies that look almost like normal people until they find out you pulled all your air stuff. Then the true person comes out.

Comment

Working...
                    X