X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving ride quality

Okay, so I basically re-did my worn out Tera lift. I went with 3" Black Diamond springs, Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks, and some upgraded lower control arms. The ride is waaaaaaaay better than it was, it's actually smoother than the XJ with the 4WD lift. At this point, would swapping out upper arms improve handling on the road any? I kinda doubt it, but you never know until you ask.

Tony I doubt uppers will do much for ride, more for articulation offroad. If you have a good ride don't screw with it (I think there's a joke there). My Tj rides great right now but I'm tired of the climb of a 7" lift, but I'm putting 4" OME's in, I've liked them in the past so I figure can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 97
      Tony I doubt uppers will do much for ride, more for articulation offroad. If you have a good ride don't screw with it (I think there's a joke there). My Tj rides great right now but I'm tired of the climb of a 7" lift, but I'm putting 4" OME's in, I've liked them in the past so I figure can't go wrong.
      not to hijack the thread but is your 7" lift from black diamond? what size tires? was it worth it? just curious

Comment

Again..

I didn't go extreme with my lift, just the budget boost. I used KYB "MonoMax" Shocks.
        I feel this setup has worked well for us. The ride is smoother but the jeep will forever ride similar to a tank, this can't be helped. It is possable that the tires play a big roll in the comfort and ride as well.

Comment

Thanks Big Red...I didn't think it would, but you never know. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

Lone Jeep...I have a 3" black diamond suspension lift along with a 3" body lift on mine. Most folks will not recommend a body lift, not that I'm a big fan of them (my jeep had the BL on it when I bought it) but I have to admit that it really adds a lot of fender space without screwing with your pinion angle and brake lines, etc. I like my set up...for what I do, it's perfect.

Big Red's running a Skyjacker kit if I remember correctly.

Comment

My 97 had the Skyjacker (finally sold it), the 99 that I'm sick of the climb is a Rough Country 6" but actually measures out 7" and no sag after being on a year with some heavy mods. It has slightly longer upper and lower control arms, but not a true long arm kit.

Comment

Working...
            X