X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superior products ?

i am hopefully putting a lift kit in this summer but was wondering about the suprior super 30 axel kit,does this include the inner and outer axel shafts or is there more to the kit than explained,will i have to buy other related items that im neglecting to plan for, i have a 1990 4 banger and plan on running 32 or 33 in tires so i also need to upgrade the ring and pinion.I have been reading that bigger tires on the d30 and d35 was a bad idea but i figured the superior combo would do the trick.Thanks for the help

Which 30 kit are you looking at? Detroit? ARB? OX?
    If your planning to change R&P then you have to do both at once. You can't have a different gear ratio in the front and back. Your going to also need a master install kit.

I have been running 33s and 35s on D30 and D35 for over 4 years now without a problem. I have the ARB Super kits in mine and theyre great. All the problems I've had are from crappy installers. I can do nearly anything but set up a ring and pinion. Our second magazine vehicle runs 35s on a detroit super 35 and an OX super 30. No problems there either.

On a side note though: once you step up, it's rare to find anyone with spare axles on the trail for your rig. I have several spare stock axles I carry for others just in case, but if I do manage to break a D35 one I'm screwed. This year, again after 4 years of hard wheeling, I'm going to buy a set of spares from Alloy USA.

Comment

I think i was kinda confused when i wrote my first post.What i'm looking for are suggestions on what the best complete front axel assemblies are available that will hold up to a locker and bigger tires,i do understand that the ring and pinion set will need to be changed at the same time and at the same time the locker is installed front and rear.I think i want an ARB,i like nowing i can unlock them when i dont need them and still let the wife use 4wd in regular snow type situations.Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
      X