X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn buzzer

My buzzer is always buzzing now. Before, i could have the jeep running with the door open and it would not buzz, now everytime the door is opened with the key anywhere near the inigtion, it buzzs. Does anybody know how to fix it.
    Last edited by hotroddenal; 04-30-2006, 10:33 PM.

mine dose the same thing door open with lights on buzzes when key the whole way in ignition it buzzes and door open when running buzzing i think its normal

Comment

i removed my buzzer. it's a little blue blox on the left side of te fuse box (1989 and others simliar). just pull it out while pushing out on the tab on the left side of the blue box. not as easy as it sounds sometimes. on some vehicles this will cause a light to come on or something since the manufacturer deems it as a neccessity, but there were no problems with my xj.

Comment

Was it doing the same thing as i explained.

Comment

i dont remember. i just didnt wanna hear it at all.

Comment

Does anybody else have the buzzer in their jeep still.

Comment

I put mine back in. I drive to work in the dark and it's daylight when I get there so of course I left the lights on and had the buzzer out. Since my brain can't be trusted to remind me to check for the obvious I plugged it back in.

Comment

^ does it buzz with the jeep running with the door open.

Comment

Sure does. Door open, lights on or even looking at it funny.

Comment

Is there any way to change it, so that i still have the buzzer, but hav it so that it wont buzz when the jeep is running, with the doors open.

Comment

damn buzzers! my wife ran off with one

Comment

al, i dont think you can get it to do what you want it do. thats why i simply removed mine.

Comment

Originally posted by joshs1ofakindxj
                          al, i dont think you can get it to do what you want it do. thats why i simply removed mine.
                          That sucks, Oh well out it goes, I am going to do it in a funny way. I will toss it out the window when my girlfriend is riding in it with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X