Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummond island

hey everyone,

so i was thinking about going to a jeep jamboree this year and was looking at Drummond Island. i am wondering if it is a decnt place for beginners to go to(i have yet to be on a trail...). i assume that most places are but like to here from people that have been there.

also how is red bird and i forget the other darn it, i know its in northernish illinois.

thanks for your input ahead of time

Hey what part of IL you from? I don't really have any experience offroading yet either. It might be cool to find a group to go with sometime.

Jon

Comment

i'm in the south of chicago about 30-45mins, i have a a couple friends/family i am tryin to get to go somewhere but i am busy as well are they.. soo w'l see what happens this summer i'll let you know thou..

Comment

There is tons of different trails up there. You will have no problem, just make sure the people you are riding with know you are new at this.

Comment

ok cool thanks man.. hopefully i can get a few bddies to make the trip to

Comment

Its about the only place in Michigan to that has rocks you drive on not drive over.

Comment

Back in 93 we went to the first Jamborree at Drummond Island and had a great time. They had several of their engineers there so you could ride with them and talk about what you would like to see. They also had reporters from Detroit and gave them new Grand's. It was great, at the end of the weekend these vehicles were pristine on the driver's side and haddamage to the passenger sides. It had to be one of the funniest things I have seen. The trails were wet, mud covered but with a rock base so you had to work to get in serious trouble.

Comment