X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer case drop or not

I am new to the jeep world. I bought a project cj5 with a SOA. I have replaced the worn original springs with a set of 1" lift springs, 1/2" shackles, and a shackle reversal. My question is: Am I going to need to drop the transfer case? The jeep hasn't run since the SOA, so it will be a brand new rig when I get it on the road. I would like to get as much done over the winter so I can take it out this spring and not worry about installing parts that I should have installed this winter. So, should I or should I not drop the transfer case? The Jeep has a locked d44 4.56 front and an amc20 locked 4.56 rear and runs 35-16 boggers.

Sure the axles haven't already been shimmed up to make up for the increased angle from tranny to axle? You said he hasn't run since SOA was put on it; did you put the lift on yourself?

To better answer your question I would say yes simply because I'm sure there is an abundant amount of angle between the two and lowering it will only help but not seeing it doesn't help.

Can you upload some pictures?

If you can't upload any pictures or, please forgive me if you do, don't know how then I will be more than happy to upload them for you. If you can take some pictures it would help us better understand your situation
    You can email me your pictures; brian@abeenterprises.com if you need some help.

Comment

I will take some pictures of the setup tonight and email them to you tomorrow.

Comment

I am going to yes, thats like 6" of lift on a very short wheelbase vehicle. I can't get away with it on mine and its only 4".

Comment

Working...
        X