X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Rubicon OEM shock specs

I've done some searching and can't piece together this specific answer - what is the difference between the stock OEM shocks on a 2002 Sahara and a 2006 Rubicon? From my build sheet is says " SDUP - Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks" (for the 02 Sahara), and I've found that the 06 Rubicon shocks are "high-pressure", but I can't find any more info - is one longer than the other? The 06 Rubicons come with 31" tires from the factory, so I assume these shocks are longer than those on a Sahara that came with the 30" tire group from the factory.
    Last edited by ZBoater; 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM.

After a little more research, at least I found out they are different. Looking at an online Mopar catalog, the shock options for 2002 are:

SHOCK ABSORBER, TJ Series, Standard - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE 01-06 $61.60

SHOCK ABSORBER, TJ Series, Off Road - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE 2002 $112.00

For 2006:

SHOCK ABSORBER, TJ Series, Standard - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE 01-06 $61.60

SHOCK ABSORBER, TJ Series, High Pressure Gas Charged - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE - 4WD, COIL SPRING TYPE 05-06 $118.00

So, the standard shocks are the same from 2001-2006, but the "off road" versions changed in 05 to these "high pressure gas charged" type. I still would like to know if they are longer or the same size - I am planning on using them with 2" coil spacers.

Comment

I sold my Rubicon springs and shocks to a friend and last night we replaced his and at the same time added 2 inch coil spacers on all four corners. They fit like a glove. I compared the springs and they are the exact same dimensions (the difference there is the spring rate). I didn't compare the shocks specifically, but I am 95% sure that they are the same length...so in that case the difference would be the damping rate.

We are wheeling Crozet this weekend...if we have any problems flexing, I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mendriel
        ...We are wheeling Crozet this weekend...if we have any problems flexing, I'll let you know.
        Excellent! Thanks! Please post your experiences with that setup, be safe and have fun!

Comment

I got a hold of the Rubi shocks, and they have the following numbers:

18477N (all 4 Rubi shocks and all 4 of my current shocks have the same number).

Front-green label, P52060450AA
          Rear-pink label, P52060449AA

My 02 Sahara shocks are:

Front-green label, P52038420AI
          Rear-pink label, P52088651AI

They look to be the same size.

The Rubi springs are 130AA front and 5AA rear. The Sahara are 129AA front and 104 rear. They also look to be the same size.

Don't know what it all means, but they are getting installed on Thursday. We'll see. If anything I'm getting new springs and shocks!

Comment

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. We had no problems whatsoever with my buddy's rig and my old Rubi springs. That leads me to beleive that you should have no problems whatsoever...well, none from the springs and shocks, anyway!

Enjoy!

Comment

All shocks and springs are the same size on all Wranglers, it is the spring rate that is different, and the gas charge in the rubi shocks.

Comment

Working...
              X