X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny thing

I need to fix the reverse thing on the transmission that activates the rear reverse lights. I just heard about this, and I've checked everything else and nothing is broken... What is involved? Thanks in advance!

-Lou

if you narrow down to the switch inside the tranny gone bad . i'd think i'd jsut bypass it .forever or the time being if you want to rip apart the tranny to get to the switch

Comment

What type of trans?

For auto trans....I had to do this when I bought mine. The Nuetral Safty Switch is what you are looking for. You probably have the same trans that I have. The switch is located on the drivers side of the trans about the middle of the pan look up and you will see three wires ging into it. That is the switch. To get it out you will have to remove the skid plate and front drivshaft. Unplug the switch and get a wrench I beleive it is 1" but not sure take out the old switch and place the new one in quick there will be fluid leaking out of the hole. Snug up the new one just enough that it wont leak plug the three wires in and put everything back together.

If it is a manual trans then I would do what Keystone said just bypass it.

Hope this helps.

(I did not see your sig 5sp just bypass it)
      Last edited by drs98tj; 03-11-2005, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keystone Crawler
        if you narrow down to the switch inside the tranny gone bad . i'd think i'd jsut bypass it .forever or the time being if you want to rip apart the tranny to get to the switch
        how do I go about bypassing it? Just hook up a manuel switch for reverse lights? I'm lifted 5+ inches so the reverse lights dont do much anyway, but its still nice to have them activate when I shift into reverse

Comment

Working...
        X