X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smittybilt xrc seats

I installed a pair of these bad boys a few months ago. When i finally got them and opened up the box I was impressed that smittybilt came up with a pretty good looking seat. The downside is that they are not the most comfortable seat on the planet and there are some install issues and mechanical issues. As far as the install is concerned it was the seat bracket adapter that was messing me up. When they welded it up the jig must have been off i suppose but with a grinder i got it to work. it may just be me but when you transfer the sliders it seems that the slider itself is harder to operate. it was wierd.. but the bar that lets the seat collapse forward is eh ok.. it works. but that is not the seats fault. They got all the bugs out of the bracket as far as i know.
    Now the seats.. The seat itself looks awesome. it even has a chrome lever to adjust the recline.. ... the seat's wings at the bottom are a little to close for comfort for the average to bigger man... the housing as well as the reclining mechanisim hits and the roll bar..It was just on my passenger side... which was wierd. I heard yj's and cj's do not have this problem only the tj's. But that is really the only bad for the seats.

But they are redesigning these and well let you know more

I just talked to Smittybilt and the new version should be out middle of November!!!

Comment

The new seats are in stock and they fit T.J's!!!! I will do a write up on the install later. If any one has any questions just ask. I will post pics when I do the passenger side. I am still figureing out how i am going to do it since i am using bestop seat brackets. The only issue is the release for the tilt mechanism. I will probrally just fab a pull cable.

Comment

Working...
      X