X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield light mounts

I am thinking about getting windshield light mounts, anyone have any pros or cons bout them?

Good fer seeing at night

Make sure you run the wires correctly, and hide them so they don't get snagged.

Don't hit them off of trees...that sucks.

Keep the relay dry and out oif the way.

Comment

pro: they're cheaper and easyer than getting a light bar.

con: they can only hold two lights were as a light bar can hold up to 5.

i went with windsheild mounts cause they look cool and i only needed 2 lights

Comment

i have them i like em but i moved my lights on to the fbumper so i could use them now i need to get more...DOH!!!

Comment

If your going to get windshield light mounts get the KC ones they have a lifetime warranty just like the lights do.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepRobicon1
            If your going to get windshield light mounts get the KC ones they have a lifetime warranty just like the lights do.
            no, do not get the kc's. They are made cheap, and are produced cheap. My paint started peeling off after 2 month, and now after a year they are almost pure rust colored. I had to take the rattle can to them yesturday. I would NOT suggest this product to anyone.

-Lou

Comment

why do people need eleventy billion off road lights on one vehicle? if you can't see in the dark with two off road lights, how the heck do you drive with just factory headlights?

windshield mounts protect them from rear ending the guy in front of you because you blinded him and he slammed on his brakes. but branches will snag and break light bar mounted lights and if you get too close to a tree or whatever the windshield mounts are going to get hit. there are also hood hinge mounts which have lots of pros and cons. with windshield or hood mounted you can't put your windshield down either.

Comment

its all a matter of opinion. Some people think it looks cool. Others, like me, use the bumper lights for close range visibility, and the windshield mounted for longer distance, and off to the side visibility as well.

though you think its silly, I swear by mine. Riding the mountain roads in upstate NY, at night, and you honestly can NOT have enough lights. Especially the brighter you are, the less chance of animals running out in front of you. Plus, the added security of just being able to see better.

And, you obviously wont run them when there are other cars you can blind. Or maybe you do. But you shouldnt.

-Lou

Comment

You use your lights at night! Dang! I wondered what they were for.

What is cool to you, is cool for you. Just let you be you, and make your Jeep they way you like it...Screw the negativity.

Comment

if you can't see in the dark with two off road lights, how the heck do you drive with just factory headlights?
                    That's why I went to the IPF headlight inserts...
                    with moose on the road, you have no warning until its too late... and no one really wants a 1,000 pound moose coming through their windshield.

Comment

I have had mine on for over a year and they still look great .And if they rusted that bad you should have sent them back for replacement thats what the lifetime waranty is for.

Comment

Do windshield-mounted light brackets offer much more protection (from trees and such) for the light than the goofy looking lights mounted on the top of the front fenders?

I want another pair of lights, but I'd like to put my windshield down to, but I don't want to knock them off in the woods either.

The fender mounted lights seem like they'd provide a better angle for the beam; no hood glare.

Comment

mine are mounted on the windshield hinge. i get no hood glare. no matter where you put them there's something that can either hit or snag them. i chose windshield cause i wanted them higher up for better visibility. with my lift and tires i couldn't fit a light bar in the garage, even a fold down style bar.

Comment

lights

ive had real good luck with my maxtels
                            4-7"(100 watts each) on the light bar -the outer ones take the most beatin but so far its just movin it straight again

my advice get them lights on there and enjoy the fun at night!

Comment

No problem with my KC's...had them on for over 2 years and no rust at all. Lou, maybe you got a bad pair? I'd call KC and see if they'll replace them. Send them a pic in an email and see what they can do for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X