X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road lights instead of tow hooks?

Anyone take out their front tow hooks and install off roads lights? I was thinking of doing it and wanted to see if someone already did. Kind of like the front lights on the TJs and CJ's.

you will be fist person EVER to do this...ok im joking. why not jsut drill some holes slap the lights in and be done with it. Then you will still have some front tow hooks....

Comment

Originally posted by sreno0207
      you will be fist person EVER to do this...ok im joking. why not jsut drill some holes slap the lights in and be done with it. Then you will still have some front tow hooks....
      I'm going to go ahead and have to agree... If your going into places where you actually need extra lights then you will probably eventually need the tow hooks...

Comment

Looks only

I like the look of the TJ's with the lights in front on the bumper. I don't go off road, so the tow hooks are useless. I just don't want to put more holes in the front bumper.
        I will figure something out.

Comment

Dont you have a fog light bumper

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Piginajeep
            Dont you have a fog light bumper
            The factory fog lights are so small and not very Jeep looking to me. I was considering a take off stock bumper with no factory fogs and using the wiring to power the new ones.

Comment

4wd has a Mopar one in scratch in dent if you live close.

also, Procomp makes a light bar that attaches to the stock, one, it looks decent
              http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=4900
              http://www.4wd.com/aux_incl/images.a...pg&w=550&h=550

Comment

Remove the bumber..go with after market bumber if you have the cash to do so.....will look more off road like though

Comment

i think that when i removed my crap plastic bumper the hooks were holding the pressed in studs that mount the plastic and metal bumper. even though you say you don't go off road the second you loose your hooks youll need to pull something. what if it snows and you feel the need to rescue a hot blond? for a long time tow hooks have been a very important part of a jeep. lights do look nice but if you don't off road and will not need the tow hooks than why would you need off road lights? you can't drive down the road w/ them on. in some states it's even against the law to have them hooked up if your on the road. maryland is that way. no mater what you do, do whatever makes you happy, it's your jeep. but DO NOT!!, i repeat, DO NOT!! TAKE YOUR JEEP OFF ROAD!!! you will never be the same and everywhere you look you will see something that will make you think, " Humm...Yea, I can drive over that" . before you know it you'll have had a 1/2 dozen jeeps and and old willys jeep in your back yard in parts and looking for another, and another, and another, and another. .......check out my photo album link below to see what i'm talking about.
                  as for lights i like the kc slim lites. or if you have money to burn the warn lamps are killer.

Comment

Working...
                  X