X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear/axle question.

ok, i tried the search, and found lots of useful info but nothing that quite answered my question.

i have a '98 sport, 4.0 manual AX15 tranny and i would swear that i have 3.73 gears in my d35 rear axle, at least that's what i thought i had, but most of the threads i read say that my year jeep with the d35 doesn't come with 3.73s. has anyone heard of wether that year jeep comes with 3.73s?

that's question one, secondly i was wondering if with my setup (running 33X12.5s) if it's worth it to swap 4.11s or even 4.56s or if my axle would be too weak for that and break? i'm hesitant to upgrade to a d44 because it's so time/money consuming, my jeep feels good, just a little slugish, but i can live with it so i was hoping to be able to regear a d35 unless most of you say otherwise.

i'd really appreciate any help and again, sorry if someone had this same conversation, but i didn't see it in any of my searches.

4.56s

I have a 99 with 3.73s and 32 tires, if you are going to swap, I would go for the 4.56s... for the money, if your going to swap. Try the 3.73s see for yourself, it will be drivable, probably happier with the 4.56s. My 97 with a 44 had 3.55s, I changed them to 4.11 with 33s, works great, It would have a little more get up and go with 4.56s