X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticking noise

hi i have a 88 jeep wrangler 4.2 automatic i have a ticking noise that is intermitent when it is in drive it sounds like it is coming from the bell housing, i took off the plate and made sure that the tourque converter bolts were tight and they were it's only at idle and when you step on the gas and it goes away i was wondering if anyone has come accross this problem.

thanks mike

I had a starter that didn't retract all the way and it would tick but I think it did it all the time I just didn't hear it at the higher speeds.

Just a thought!

Comment

So what you're saying is, the ticking noise only occurs with the truck in gear and moving. With the truck in 'Park' there's no ticking noise.

Just want to get it straight. My ticking noise comes from an exhaust leak at the rear of the exhaust manifold. So it ticks all the time.

Comment

it makes a loud clicking noise when in gear with the brake on goes away when you start moving not exhaust didn't think of starter brain freeze could be it i'll check thanks

Comment

If it goes away when stopped only ticks when you are moving in gear I don't thing it is the starter but maybe a u joint on a drive line or front axle maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X