X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superlift rock runner 6" suspension lift

ok everybody, here we go, i need all the input i can get from all of you about this lift. i am highly considering buying it for my 00'TJ. now here is the situation, my jeep is also my every day driver so i need to know if its good for the hight way and all around driving. pre-thanks for everyones info!!

Originally posted by battlecross
    ok everybody, here we go, i need all the input i can get from all of you about this lift. i am highly considering buying it for my 00'TJ. now here is the situation, my jeep is also my every day driver so i need to know if its good for the hight way and all around driving. pre-thanks for everyones info!!
    Battle

I don't think a 6" Lift and daily driver should in the same sentence. If you had Dana 60 and running 37's you may want a 6" lift. Why so tall? What axles are you currently running. Are you prepared to spend $6000 or more to do it right?

These are the questions I ask myself and I only went with a 4" OME Lift. If like me you can afford the journey, then enjoy the ride. A 6" lift on a TJ is sky high!

Good Luck

Comment

If you've got the cash ready, I'd go with the 4" Superlift Rockrunner kit.
      I got the basic kit (short on cash) and am getting the rest piece-by-piece.

What made the decision for me was ready an article on Rockcrawler.com about the kit. Go check it out; do a search for "Project Crosstrainer" at rockcrawler.com.

6" is too much for a DD, really. The 4" kit with the bumpstops fits 35" tires fine. If you need a little more room for whatever reason, toss on a 1" BL and keep your CoG manageable.

Comment

i actually do plan on doing something along those lines....getting 37s and what not.
        im wondering tho, why would 6" be too much?

Comment

Originally posted by battlecross
          why would 6" be too much?
          It really is personal opinion; I didn't mean to state it like a fact earlier. I think the reasons most people consider it too much for a daily driver are:

Higher CoG makes it less maneuverable and more unstable, especially at highway speeds which a trail-rig wouldn't normally reach.

Significant increase in wind resistance = unbearable weekly fuel bill

Height of vehicle makes it cumbersom and awkward for driver, and especially non-regular passengers/wife/gf to get in (especially going to work, church, theater, etc. in a suit/dress)

Mechanical odds and ends that need to be corrected to accomdate the driveline angles associated with a 6" lift
          Again, just in respect to a daily driver. If you have another vehicle you drive regularly and this will just be weekend toy, the bigger the better, but for a daily driver, the above mentioned issues would turn me off, but it is still personal opinion.

If you have the cash for an expensive lift (be sure you have at least $1,000-$2,000 extra after the lift cost to correct other issues that will arrise) and you have your heart set on 6", go for it. It's your Jeep man!

PS: Whatever height you decide on, I strongly recommend the Superlift kit. It is a very nice riding (again, just opinion, a better term would be "firm riding, stable") kit that offers a perfect balance between street manners and offroad ability.
          Last edited by davida_jr; 03-10-2006, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Very well put David!

Like David said, the cost of doing a 6" lift properly is enormous. You really can't skimp anywhere to run 6" of lift. The reason for 6" of lift is not to be a daily driver, but to wheel over and around obsticles.

Good Luck on your decision, but be warned, you may be disappointed with the results of your actions!

Good Luck

Comment

thank you very much davida jr for all the info you gave me, it really is a huge help. i have about $6500 to work with.

when i look at suspension lifts, what kind of things should i be looking for to decide if it is good or not?

Comment

Working...
              X