X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys for the n00b

Hey guess I came home today from work and I swear it was like Christmas early this year for me...it's just too bad I had to buy myself these gifts:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...5/11502522.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...5/569b812a.jpg
    I also wanted to ask, if there is a way I could actually clean the carb itself. I bought it used and everything else is shiny/new looking but the carb.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...5/5fe9e6db.jpg

P.S. Adam, if you read this you are the new love of my life thanks so much for the help!!!!

merry chirstmas ! LOL now your almost ready to get them on YEAH!

Comment

No problem Sandy... anything for you. Glad ya like it. Did you get the heater deflecter in there too?

Comment

You could probably try some brake cleaner on it to clean it up. Just make sure it has all dried before you install it.

Comment

Hey, make sure you post some pics of it with the top on so we can see how nice the gray looks with the red!

Comment

Originally posted by adamcj-5
            No problem Sandy... anything for you. Glad ya like it. Did you get the heater deflecter in there too?
            I definately did, you saved me like $20! I was going to talk to you more when you got a chance about the full soft doors I was going to see if one of my bright idears works. (I meant to say idears) Also no catalog yet

Comment

glad to see that you got your toys.
              which top did you end up going with?
              sometimes, I think that I would like to have a soft top,
              so I can get topless faster, and without the help of the neighbor's

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD
                You could probably try some brake cleaner on it to clean it up. Just make sure it has all dried before you install it.
                I don't know if I would use brake cleaner, might be to harsh for the seals and any plastic parts. I would get the carb cleaner for the outside of the carb, Autozone sells it. Then when you are done hit the linkage with some WD-40 so it doesn't lock up on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost-One
                  I don't know if I would use brake cleaner, might be to harsh for the seals and any plastic parts. I would get the carb cleaner for the outside of the carb, Autozone sells it. Then when you are done hit the linkage with some WD-40 so it doesn't lock up on you.
                  Remember I am very very new at this is the linkage that piece in the 2nd pic that's above the carb?

Comment

don't worry we'll make a jeeper out of ya LOL

Comment

Carb cleaner and a rag and alot of time and it will clean it off or you can buy the high concentrated stuff that is more potent then carb cleaner...we use it up at work on old jetski carbs. we let them soak in it (comes with a basket to hold parts in the bucket with) for a few hrs pull it out and wipe the stuff off and it comes right off.

Comment

dremel and a polishing bit!

Comment

*sniff* - don't that just bring a tear to yer eye...I miss carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD
                            Brake cleaner would play hell on anything but metal in the carb. Use the stuff with a basket in a gallon jug that you soak for several hours, or some carb cleaner in a spray can. Don't use brake cleaner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LeadFoot
                              Brake cleaner would play hell on anything but metal in the carb. Use the stuff with a basket in a gallon jug that you soak for several hours, or some carb cleaner in a spray can. Don't use brake cleaner!!!

i agree never use brake cleanner on a carb.. will wreck the floats and dry the seals.... after all you aint going to stop the jeep with the carb?....

Comment

Working...
                              X