X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help

Ok, I already posted this thread on Saturday but it got lost with all the other weekend posts here...

So here we go again:

I know there was a heavy duty package available for the mid 90s XJs and the parts (skid plates for engine, transfer case and gas tank) were also available seperately at DC dealerships.
    Since DC over here is not willing to even take a look into their files and stock I am trying this.
    Does anyone here know if those parts are still available and may be would have a part# handy?

This is the only one I could get a PN for.
    Jeep Cherokee Skid Plate for Transfer Case
    Code: 7937842296

We have a local guy that does a Jeep only salvage. I'm sure he can come up with the front and gas tank skid.

I don't see that it would be too costly of a problem for a one time shipment to Europe. If you want me to investigate let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
      This is the only one I could get a PN for.
      Jeep Cherokee Skid Plate for Transfer Case
      Code: 7937842296

We have a local guy that does a Jeep only salvage. I'm sure he can come up with the front and gas tank skid.

I don't see that it would be too costly of a problem for a one time shipment to Europe. If you want me to investigate let me know.

Thanks a bunch for the PN.
      Some idea would be nice on what your local guy would ask for the engine and the transfer skid plate. The tank skid I would't need.
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
        Thanks a bunch for the PN.
        Some idea would be nice on what your local guy would ask for the engine and the transfer skid plate. The tank skid I would't need.
        Thanks for your help.
        I'll send him out a query.

Comment

I'll send him out a query.
          Thanks a lot man!

Comment

Just got a reply back. $75 & shipping to me. Since I'm guessing the weight, I figure the shipping would be about $20.

At this time, I've no clue what the rate would be to Europe.

Comment

Just got a reply back. $75 & shipping to me. Since I'm guessing the weight, I figure the shipping would be about $20.

At this time, I've no clue what the rate would be to Europe.

Doesn't sound too bad.
              Shipping to Germany could be something like 50 bucks with ground shipping. I had a tranny part shipped recently for that money.

Comment

Who was the shipper. I could get the weight for the parts and check with the shipper to find out what the overseas rate would be.

Comment

Who was the shipper. I could get the weight for the parts and check with the shipper to find out what the overseas rate would be.

I think it was the good old US postal service itself

Comment

Ok, then I'm on a quest.

As Arnold said "I'll be back".

Comment

Can you give me a shipping address. If you don't want to make it public, send me a PM.

Comment

Just PMd you...

Comment

The approximate shipping weight is 40 lbs. Economy (surface) parcel post with a 4-6 week delivery is $53.50

The next is Airmail Parcel Post at 4-10 day delivery is $139.40.

Comment

Doesn't sound too bad.

I have a guy here check on those parts as well but it doesn't seem to be too much of a success so far.

Comment

Let me know, I'm not going anywhere and I don't think he is going to sell out any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X