X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator bracket

i need an alternator bracket for an amc 304 v8...around 1974 model. no catalog has them. anywhere i can look.

I've got a 75 cj5 renegade, if I can't unload it whole I'll be parting it out
    orbotron@hotmail.com

Comment

I saw on a thread here to check J & W wrecker in California....They emailed me a price for the brackets.....$75.00 THEY HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!

Comment

hey ox, remember i was looking for my alt bracket, never found one. ended up fabbing my own. witch bracket do you need, is it the one from the block to the back of the alt, or the bottom adjust one.

Comment

The longer one more towards the top....If I remember someone said to just go to autozone and get the chevy one in stock and cut it to fit. I guess Ill give that a try.

How's your rebuild coming....?

Comment

Had the same problem. I hit the J-yards and never found one. I fabed the brackets. It's not to hard to make.

Comment

I tried

Hey, I gave it all a try. I am still having some issues. The bracket that adjusts the alt is broken, and I tried to fab one, but im an idiot.

SO BUMP....anyone know where to find a bracket that wont cost so much.

Comment

If nobody pipes up, I'll have my wife look in my parts box. I think I may have one in there. She'll more than likely send to many peices, but I'll have her look.

It's the top mount right? If you throw a pic up of the piece you need, I'll have her log on and look at it and compare with what I have back at home.

Comment

I'll send the picture when i get a chance....that would be great

Comment

damm!!! ox, you still looking for that bracket, i thaught you would of made one by now. how's your build going? or you just builing a motor, pitures

Comment

Well, it looks like you've been waiting a while, and my wife left for her family reunion in Maine. Then I'll be on R&R, so she won't get home until the end of July...if you can wait that long. Then we run the possiblity I don't have it anymore, but I think I do.

Comment

I have some I'll let you have for $10.00 plus shipping.

Comment

davey's jeeps is a good source for stuff you can't find on here cheaper.

Comment

Bracket

Y'all. I'm in on this. I took out the Motorcraft/ola and put in a Delco-like Load Boss from AlterStart.

1st, the pivot hole is smaller - I had to drill it out. Thanks to my neighbor who has a bodacious drill press and the right tools to center it up and do it straight.

2nd, the pivot hole is an inch shorter so I needed a new 3 inch extension from the motor to the inside edge of the pivot hole, I forget the dimension. He carved it out of bar stock, he has a big ol bodacious lathe. He is the man. Got it perfect.

3rd, the old adjust bracket is off by about 1/4 inch and has to be shaved to get it to bend up a little to use it. SO! I NEED THAT BRACKET or I'm gonna have to make one for the Delco. I might make SEVERAL since they do not appear to exist anywhere.

I'm thinking of making about 20 kits for the Motorcraft/ola to Delco swap. Think there is a market?

Comment

Yes...there was some upper brackets on ebay for sale that were "scrounged from a scrap yard" by a guy who knew what they were worth. He wanted too much at the time, but in hindsight i should paid it.

Comment

Working...
                              X