Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does This Rear Brake Conversion Work With ?

Will this conversion work with the stock axle AMC rear end in a 1978 CJ5 ?

Will this conversion work with the stock Dana rear end in a 1946 CJ2A ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry M View Post
      Will this conversion work with the stock axle AMC rear end in a 1978 CJ5 ?

Will this conversion work with the stock Dana rear end in a 1946 CJ2A ?

It should work on the 78 CJ5, providing it's a MOD 20 diff.

And somewhere out here in the WWW, I saw a write up on disc conversions for the old Jeeps. I just don't remember where.

Comment

If you adjust the bracket holes to fit the dana flange.... probably

Comment

I finally found a set of rear calipers off of a 1985 300ZX but they want $80 for the pair including the brackets and hoses. Does this sound like a fair price, I was thinking it is a little high.

Comment

Probably fair; new ones are about 100 bucks a piece with a core if I remember correctly.

I think I paid about 60 or 70 for mine.

Comment

yup, that sounds about right... all of the junk yards that I called told me $45 each for just the calipers. I was lucky enough to find a set at the pick and pull yard for super cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by UPJ Wheeler View Post
                yup, that sounds about right... all of the junk yards that I called told me $45 each for just the calipers. I was lucky enough to find a set at the pick and pull yard for super cheap.
                I was thinking that was a little high based on the price that you paid. It still beats the price of the disc brake conversion kits. Thanks guys!

Comment

Nissan 300zx rear calipers

any one have an extra set, I called 23 junk yards within about 100 miles and zippo.....nothin. I did come up with a 280zx 1982, but not sure if it would work

Comment

I went on an online parts finder and finally found a set in CA and I'm in PA. Maybe you want to give that a try. I bought them today and they are supposed to ship on monday and will be here next friday.

Comment

here are the e-brake cables I used. The caliper ends need some finesse to make fit in the fork right. They're a tad long also, youll need to route them right and add a couple of clamps to tie them down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...r/IMG_0422.jpg

Comment

I haven't hooked my e-brakes up yet; are these the cable you used from the splitter (by the tranny) back to the new calipers?

Comment

yep, like I said, they're a little long, but if you're careful with the routing they work great.

Comment

Where did you get the cables, and are they for a different vehicle or are they for a CJ-7?

Comment

I got them from pep boys. No idea what they are from. I just went into the back and fished through every blessed cable until I found two that I could make work. You should be able to go to any auto parts store and give them the brand and part number to look them up that way.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. I have everything else I need, so this is the last part of the puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X