Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both of my old m65's work fine... but then i also have arctic liners for them.

the new 'pajamas' style uniform is a different matter. i think it's gore-tex. i notice most of the general officers like to wear the new uniform... while the 'old hands' still wear the traditional bdu.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
      both of my old m65's work fine... but then i also have arctic liners for them.

the new 'pajamas' style uniform is a different matter. i think it's gore-tex. i notice most of the general officers like to wear the new uniform... while the 'old hands' still wear the traditional bdu.
      Yeah, I use those arctic liners as well and still like the BDU. Never had a chance to wear the new style since I served from 1990 till 1991 with the Ramstein Airbase guys in Germany and there the BDUs were in use...

Comment

But for gloves, I have a pair of mountain climber's gore-tex mitts that I use. My old Army-issue wool/leather gloves just don't cut it in the cold!

Comment

rammstein airbase? i love that band and i know they're named after that really bad crash that happened. were you there when it occurred?

Comment

I was a medic at that air show. watched the crash....the whole day was like slow motion..

Comment

Originally posted by Tex
              rammstein airbase? i love that band and i know they're named after that really bad crash that happened. were you there when it occurred?
              no, haven't been there when the crash occured. I served there before and during operation desert storm. I trained your GIs to handle Tatra trucks and repair those rigs...

Comment

that's too bad what happened. jeepin, were you there before it happened or were you called up to help and did you have to help any of those guys out? if memory serves me right, a fighter was doin a trick and lost control and flew into the crowd right?

Comment

well, he did not do it because he wanted to. he was a bit low on the swing in i guess. was watching the whole thing. so, happen to be i was the doing my 30 day hospital duty at the time. yeah, 7th med com. i was part of the crew of the on call duty ambulance, on the tarmac. it was a bit messy

Comment

that was definitely a somber day. i feel really bad for those civilians who were there just to see a good air show

Comment

Working...
                    X