Finally! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

I drove the jeep out of the garage today, and more importantly, back in under its own power! I checked the archives and found that I started this project 8-20-06 and I am close to being done already! I still have some minor issues but I feel very good about it right now.

I never claimed to be a speedster at this kind of stuff but, in my defense I have had a heart attack, damn near cut my thumb off and recently encountered another heart related issue since I started this project. I am fine, docs got things working right again so hopefully no more holdups.

Now to the original question, which was "what would this cost me?" The answer is around two grand and that is waiting for and finding good deals.
    That is all, just wanted to tell the world it works!

And for about 2 grand is all!! Even better!

Pics?? Did someone say something about pics? I don't see any!!!

Great News! And 2K? You got off cheap! Now about those pics....

that rocks!

I would like to see pics of the thumb carnage, Drake.

Just kiddin'...

MUCHO CONGRATS on the accomplishment.

ROCK ON!

The two grand price was just the engine swap, I also did a few other things like Mosers and heck, I dont even remember what all I done. The only pic I have right now is the shifters, I will get some more tomorrow.

Morgan, if you really like gorey pics, they were posted in off topic a while back. lol. Its been over a year and the nerves are still all messed up.

5.7 Engine Swap

Hello Group
                Iam New To Posting so forgive me. I have a 85 cj 7 258 6 cyl
                I had it wreckerd home on feb this year Iam Close to having it running,,, kinda
                When you build a rig from scratch its allways tuff. Iam Lucky though Iam a manager for a pick A Part (name change to protect the innocent ) Me.
                it has a 90 sub 5.7, old style 350 4x4 trans , advance adapter every thing else is cleaned blasted and painted. it isnt cheap it isnt easy but its what ive allways wanted and it Can be done. I look for ideas and hints in the posting and i'll share any info i have .

Hrdtime2, thats way to pretty! Lets see some mud, or rock carnage!

Just kidding! Looks great! Welcome to the forums! HB

That's great, mcodrake, I can't wait for that day!