X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89why

i have an 89 yj ,6 cyl,carb. no spark at plugs. have replaced coil,ignition module,starter relay still no spark. last time i drove it the engine revs fluctuated dramaticly but i sill got home(2klm).when i tried to start it again i could here it run while the starter was engaged, but as soon as i let go of the key it would stop. now it has no spark???? help!!!

When the iginition is on, do you have power to everything else? Have you checked the wire form the coil the the distributor?

Comment

My 87 has a fuse in the fuse box that went bad ignition fuse check to see if you have one...

Comment

My 89 before I replaced it with a 4.0 had a problem where it would only run in start. I would turn the key back just far enough for it to run but not all the way back into the run position.

It was the ignition module under the radiator over flow tank that fixed it.

Comment

I have an 84 CJ-7 with the 4.2 & mine did the same thing a while back, had to hold the key between start and run to limp it home. I replaced the ignition box (under the washer reservoir) and a module of some kind in the distributor that, if I remember correctly, was screwed down with the vaccuum advance stuff (can't remember what it was called though). Sorry, alot of if's and maybe's here but try the part in the dizzy if you're out of ideas.

Comment

89why

Originally posted by jeepwhore
            I have an 84 CJ-7 with the 4.2 & mine did the same thing a while back, had to hold the key between start and run to limp it home. I replaced the ignition box (under the washer reservoir) and a module of some kind in the distributor that, if I remember correctly, was screwed down with the vaccuum advance stuff (can't remember what it was called though). Sorry, alot of if's and maybe's here but try the part in the dizzy if you're out of ideas .
            thank i'll try module in the dizzy

Comment

Working...
            X