X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Tail Lights - Crown vs. Globe

Has anyone purchased the "premium" CJ tail lights mfg by Globe Specialty Co?

I was curious how they compare to Crown Automotive.

Anything is better than Crown.

Comment

I agree.

Anybody have an opinion on the Globe "premium" tail lights offered by 4wd?

Comment

you havent see Omix then.....

Comment

Globe "premium" lights have ''socket isolators'' for the bulbs, helps keep them from burning out prematurely due to rough trails, roads etc. Not that we drive our Jeeps on anything but fresh, smooth pavement. It's the bling factor!! LOL I put the Globe ones on, and so far I haven't had any problems. The road to my Cabin is always full of courdaroy from the logging trucks, used to shake the bulb filaments out on the Jeep and our trailers. I'd say it's worth the 10 extra bucks.

Comment

What is wrong with Omix. I haven't purchased anything from them, but I see they make alot of Jeep replacement body panels. Are they junk.

Comment

Replacement panels and anything non mechanical from Omix is usually pretty decent.
              Last edited by BustaBizz; 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Just received a set of the Globe "premium" tail lights.

I'm amazed at how much better they are than the Crown lights.

The additional $$ for the Globe brand is well worth it IMO.

Comment

Omix makes windshield hinges that don't line up to the holes...thats ridiculous in my book...a good thing for 4wd hardware cause im sending them back and have already bought the more expensive but correctly drilled Kentrol hinges...they (Omix) are somewhat absent from the new catalog i noticed...its sasd because if they knew how to use a tape measure (or program a laser) correctly those hinges would have been an exact match of the OEM ('cept for the stainless steel part)

Comment

Working...
                  X