X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to find tool...

ok, ive got a cj-7 with the dana 30 front. ive got the hub but im stuck there, im trying to change the wheel bearings, but i cant the the lockout nut off. its a nut somewhere between 2inch and 2 1\16. i cant find a socket that big for the life of me. and, a cresent wrench wont fit in there. u guys have any sudjestions??? thanks

not sure about the cj's but on my yj it is a 36mm

Comment

when i done the axle ujoints i took a flat screwdriver and turned it until i could spin it off. they sell replacements from 4wd. also if in a rush napa should have it. also you can pick up the "proper tool" from 4wd, ebay, and i think the zone loans them out. good luck.
      mudd

Comment

well, nobody in this town loans them out, and if they do, they dont have the right size. sears has a 2 1\8 i might just try that and see if it works

Comment

Not sure if my math skills are failing me or not but if it is between 2" and 2 1/16" wouldn't that make 2 1/8" too big?

Comment

ditto sdboy. prob mostly likey metric . most auto parts stores carrie axle spinel nut sockets . i know advance carries them and so does Napa .

Comment

yeah, the 2 1\8 was to big, i new it would be, but it worked better than any other of my options. got it all back together, hubs work great, and bearings are smooth and silent. thanks for the uh..... for reading

Comment

if you live near me, i'll loan it to you.

wife always says that i have a "tool" that can fix everything.

Comment

thanks for the offer.... but... im not shure uve got the tool i was looking for...... anyhow, that socket worked great

Comment

i have a whole set of hub nut sockets. most of the time they take a 6 point socket.

Comment

Working...
                    X