Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fiberglass upper door sliders make a difference in noise?

Ive been thinking about getting fiberglass upper doors for my 92 YJ. Do they make a difference on the highway? I've watched my upper fabric doors pull away from the frame with high gusts of wind, I imagine fiberglass doesnt do that. I'll be installing a bestop sunrider or supertop if I get the doors.

i had them on my 97 tj i loved them. my brother has a 94 there not a tight but there better then stoke plastic. jason

Comment

If you're looking for a quieter ride, you might also consider using the RINO spray on bedliner for the floor boards of your jeep. It's the same thing they use on the truck beds and it reduces the noise by about 40%. Plus, it reduces the chance for interior rust by 90%. They sell it in spray cans for like $4.00 by 3M at either Advance Auto or Pep Boys (Not sure what's in your area). Good luck

The windows do reduce road noise, they're a little more secure to (of course).

Comment

I'd get them, zipper windows are a PITA at a drive through, toll booth. :x

Comment

The tiny windows on a set of sliding windows is kinda small. The opening is usually placed to the rear of the window as well (but that differs from manufacturer to manufacturer). This kinda makes it awkward to get change back from the drive-through and I hope you didn't super-size anything.... The converse to that is the zippers on a set of those plastic tarp doors, they never work when you need them to. Good thing that I swore off fast food.

Comment

Working...
          X