X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep em' on the ground?

o.k. let me ask a ? i wasnt thinking when i bought my lift a year or so ago i have a r.e. 3.5 with a 2"sl i ordered skyjacker shocks 3" lift...........stupid........now everytime i get alot of flex or in very off camber angles i lose my tires. what would be a good,cheap,5-6" lift shock. i dont want to dump much because when i upgrade to the currie 9's i'm going with fox long travel shocks. but until then i dont want my jeep rocking going over a small wash out,losing the sl isnt an option i'm running 35's

I know we all love great flex but there is a difference between useful flex and RTI competition winning flex. Once your springs unload you no longer have useful flex as the tire really doesn't have enough weight (or force) on it to provide much if any traction. You could run a longer shock and if that is the limiting factor then you will gain more flex but make sure you cycle your suspension as a longer shock may also bottom out if you don't adjust your bumpstops. When I was running RE 3.5" springs I was running a shock with 10" of travel (16" compressed, 26" at full extension) and I would unload the springs all the time and that made for far worse pucker than running that same length shock now on 4.5" springs where the coils don't unload and I lift a tire. Obviously, if you aren't locked lifting a tire isn't optimal but the unloaded side is gonna spin anyway. Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
    X