Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detroit electrac???

hello all,

well i have a question. does anyone know anything 'bout this kind of locker. when i get my d44 rear i plan on puttin' in a locker. i want one that will give me the option to run open when i'm on road and then use full lock when i need it. as of right now i was only really lookin' at the ARB locker. i know there is also the OX locker but its seems kinda new and unreliable.

so would anyone put in a electrac in there axle? plus it is a limited slip when not locked, cool bonus!

v/r,

xycadambomb

The E-trac is the newest selectable locker out there, the ARB and OX came out before it. I have read a ton of good reviews about ARB's, and a lot of good things about the OX. Downsides of OX- Some people take longer to get the cable adjusted correctly, and some have had the cable strech, causing more adjustments. The ARB can get leaky air lines, or blow a switch. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I have read very few things about the E-trac.

Comment

thanx for your thoughts. its a tricky world of lockers out there :x . we'll see what i end up w/

Comment

So it is now available for the D-44? I know it wasn't and they were working on it, just hadn't heard it was done yet. To me, it seems like the best selectable design, just don't know about reliability yet.

Comment

Working...
        X