X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 grand cherokee, what to look for?

Grand cherokee's are new to me. My stepdad is wanting to get rid of his 93. It gets the oil changed every 2,500 miles, sees very little mud, and is garaged year round. It has 123,000 mile, 4.0L, auto, pw, pl, body looks great, and full time 4wd. Are these vehicles as durable as the wrangler? My tj has 105,000 and drive great. How long do the 93's hold up? What should I be concerned about? He complains abut a trans shifting problem in cold weather. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i have a 95 zj with V8, all-time 4x4, and 118K miles. it drives awesome. i can't tell it's that old. mine was basically garaged all the time too until i got it. i had a brake problem that i got fixed. you might want to get that tranny checked out but if thats all then you're in better shape than me.

Comment

I have the 94 GC 5.2L and after I take a trip to PA from NC with a 1967 Chevelle SS in tow I'll let ya know how well they drive.

Comment

ya the 5.2L V8 is awesome. it's a guzzler at 13 mpg but it's a powerhouse. i've got friends with mustangs and other stuff and my engine is still bigger than their muscle and i could probably outrun them too; maybe not handle better but still is better. and get me a pic of that chevelle.
        Last edited by Tex; 09-29-2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

check to see if the 93 zj has a ax4 auto trans. its a jap trans that is bulletproof. only early 93's and xj's have em. the full time kind of sux, but only if they need repair. oh, and the 4.0, its ok too.

Comment

Working...
          X