X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bring back the Jeep Cherokee" Petition

If would like to sign a petition to DaimlerChrysler to bring back the Jeep Cherokee, please go to the following website:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Cherokee/petition.html

Help me get the word out. Post this petition wherever you can to get even more people to sign it! Get as many people as you can to sign the petition!

Oh, and yes, I know there's not much to the petition description. The power of this petition will come from the individuals' comments. And yes, I also know that the people at DaimlerChrysler might not sit down and go through the comments in the petition itself, but that's why the important points people bring out in their comments will be brought out in a letter. This letter, along with the amount of signatures, will be the strength of the petition.

In addition to signing the petition, please show your support of bringing back the Cherokee by going to:

http://www.jeep.com/

Click on the "Contact Us" link, and send an e-mail to the appropriate Customer Assitance address and let them know that you'd like the Cherokee back! Let them know your feelings about the Cherokee. This should also help greatly in trying to get it back, in addition to the petition. Please send them an e-mail, it's important!

Thank you to all who sign, and to all who e-mail Jeep!!
    Remember, post this wherever you can!!

We all know this isn't going to work but what the heck. :t

Comment

Yeah, it's a long shot, but it's worth another try. Maybe if they get enough feedback, they'll start to consider making it again.

Comment

The one that went around last year had 2000+ on it and nothing. but keep it up.

Comment

Yeah, I know there's been a few other big petitions in the last few years, but we'll never get anywhere for sure if we just give up, right? Who knows, maybe this could be the petition that finally helps them change their minds. Or maybe the next petition...or the next. Or maybe nothing will change their minds, ever. But it sure can't hurt anything to try, right?

Comment

you got it. so never got the chance to say welcome so well welcome. :hi:

any plans on lifting the jeep. GOT any pic's

Comment

thanks

yeah, id' like to give it a lift, but don't know anything about going about doing it.
              how is it done?
              how much does it cost?

don't have pics of the current XJ, i don't think..
              i will sometime

Comment

Yeah, this probably won't do much good, but what the heck. Maybe someone will at least look at it and get the point that at some point it should come back.

Matt...

Comment

Sorry to tell you guys but it will not work.I have sold JEEPs for a living since 1995 and will tell you that I've sold more KJs since they came out than I did XJ new and used since '95( includes the one I sold to myself). KJs are a Godsend to Daimler Chrysler and its salesmen/women. Before the "death" of this great JEEP, Cherokees had long term low interest rates, big rebates and long warranties and we couldn't give them away. I love the Cherokee folks, hell I own one but they are a thing of the past on showroom floors. It reminds me of when the TJs "took over" as 1997 models from the YJs. We have come to respect the TJ for what it is not what it replaced on dealership lots. I had the chance to wheel KJs at JEEP College last year. I was and still am impressed. Capable, comfortable and a great value for the dollar. The Liberty is here to stay and I am glad.

Comment

I dont know if the Liberty is the Future of Jeeps that doesnt say much. Jeeps used to be the rugged go anywhere SUV but this sounds like the beginning of the end. Lets pray the petition works

Comment

I think the KJ is a good alternative for sales increase in DC but I hope it's not the futur of what is to come from jeep the IFS that is for all jeeps.

Comment

I sure hope not.

Comment

Working...
                        X