X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check gauges

Anyone have the check gauges light come on and nothing is wrong? I even went to auto zone and had the battery checked (good)!

My wifes 97TJ did that, and the oil pressure sending unit was bad, and reading no oil pressure....

Comment

Just have autozone or anyone one of those guys run the diagnostics on it. Its free

Comment

Since you said you went to Autozone already, I'm going to take a wild guess and presume you already had the code reader on it...
        my best guess would be gas cap (based on personal experience)... either loose, or needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by herk_mts View Post
          Just have autozone or anyone one of those guys run the diagnostics on it. Its free
          Originally posted by tomsjeep View Post
          Since you said you went to Autozone already, I'm going to take a wild guess and presume you already had the code reader on it...
          my best guess would be gas cap (based on personal experience)... either loose, or needs to be replaced.

Methinks he's talking about the Check Gauges light and not the Check Engine light.

Is one of your gauges not reading anything? Or reading something that it usually doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by renegadestang View Post
            Methinks he's talking about the Check Gauges light and not the Check Engine light.
            Is one of your gauges not reading anything? Or reading something that it usually doesn't?
            OK. So I win the prize for reading this week.

I'm not a complete illiterate... parts of me are missing!

Comment

Dash Gauges

Auto Zone has no way to read this. Oil reads good on the gauge. The light just turns on and stays on!!!!!
              Last edited by SHADOW; 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I have noticed that my 01 does this when it is really cold outside. When I first start it, it takes a few seconds for the thick oil to start circulating. After about 2 seconds my oil pressure starts cranking up and the light and beep goes off.

If it is only happening when you first start it, keep an eye on the gauges.

Comment

Working...
                X