X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bar

I am thinking about getting the Tuff Stuff hood mount light bar, the one that has 6 55w halogen lights on it. Is anyone running this bar?? If so....likes..dislikes? Thanks, Bob.

One of the guys in my club has it and likes it. Says he can see better when doing night runs.

However, check with your state laws on the number of lights you can have if you are using your vehicle as a DD. If it's not a DD then mount a hundred of them.

Comment

Thanks, I think as long as I don't turn them on I should be ok as a DD. When your buddy has them on, do they "reach out" very far?

Comment

"Far" is a relative question. If you're climbing hills and weaving your way through woods and creeks then reaching lights aren't worth much. You want wide lighting. If your riding flat lands or doing off road racing then "far" is what you need. He has his adjusted for his kind of driving so I can't really give you an honest answer.

Me, I prefer to let the nocternal animals get their nightly feed and have a respite from human machines. Want my beauty rest too.

Comment

Well put, and since flat does not really exist where I live, this light bar should work well for me.

Comment

Bob, Just remember, you need the Tough Stuff Hood Rack and the lights are sold separately. I get a lot of calls on that.

Comment

Thanks Adam...I will make sure your next beer really is just that ...lol

What kind of feedback have you gotten on this light bar Adam?

Comment

Usually just people buying the lights and wondering why they can't mount them. LOL I have heard that you get hood glare though.

Comment

Just an old school trick. Put wide lights out on the two ends and put spots up the middle. That way you get the best disbursement of light.

Comment

Originally posted by adamcj-5
                    Usually just people buying the lights and wondering why they can't mount them. LOL I have heard that you get hood glare though.
                    Now you tell me that...lol...I just ordered the thing!...Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X