X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can we get caster shims?

I need to adjust my caster and wondering where to get shims for the lower control arms. Is it a dealer-only item?

Are you talking about these?

http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?PN=1&word=cam+bolts

Comment

OEM part number is 5200 0234 for the .9mm Caster adjusting shim and 5200 3976 for the .4mm shim. Should be able to get them at the dealer.

Why not just use adjustable lower control arms and be done with it. Short term fix, long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD View Post
        Those won't work on a cherokee right? I should change my avatar sometime this year I have a 2001 XJ now.

rstarch, thanks for the part #. I would love to go with adjustables but all of them are $200+ and i can't afford that after this recent diagnosis of my wobble. I spent $120 on balancing and aligning (for nothing really) so i'm on the cheap side now. I need to have the caster adjusted immediately cuz i cannot drive over 45 mph without a bad wobble.

Comment

Caster wont affect your wobble unless its coming from the driveshaft.

Those bolts do work for a degree or two but not too much. Your best bet is to get a set of adjustable control arms, upopers are cheaper and usually adjust easier too.

Comment

Originally posted by lil ry ry View Post
            Caster wont affect your wobble unless its coming from the driveshaft.

Those bolts do work for a degree or two but not too much. Your best bet is to get a set of adjustable control arms, upopers are cheaper and usually adjust easier too.
            I haven't checked the shaft yet. I will look into it tomorrow. Caster and the draglink are the only two things i can think of that would be causing my wobble. I replaced and checked everything else. This cherokee is a headache......

Comment

Working...
            X