Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Flooding

Hey all-
    I have a 2005 TJ, and iv had problems everytime it rains a good amount. The passenger side of the car always seems to flood, and I cant find where its coming from. Does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know how to fix the issue? Thanks so much in advanced!

take it to the dealer and stick their darn feet into it!!!!!

Comment

Being an 05 I assume that it is still under warranty? If so, take it to the dealer and make them deal with it...you shouldn't have to.

Comment

You have one of two problems.
        Check the smell if it smells slightly sweet you have a heater core leak. Not real probable though isnce you say it happens when it rains...

The primary cause of a rainy day wet jeep is a flapper door spring that has come off or unhooked. When your jeep is running theres vacum that pulls the vent door open so you can get air in the vent on your hood. YJs,TJs do this while CJs have manual knob to close the door. DC figured we were to stupid to rember to close the vent door so they hooked it to the vacum system. Now when the motors off theres no vacum and the door is spring loaded to the closed position. Many times the little spring comes off and the little door is now free to stay open. The secondary cause is that you have leaves and stuff stuck in the flapper door not allowing it to close all the way.

Comment

I would say take it to the dealer and have them deal with it. It will be covered. Provably a problem with the heater core I would think. But the dealer would be the one to take this to. If they have a problem talk in a slighlty evevated tone. It works every time.

Comment

If it wasn't under warranty, I'd say pull the drain plugs and forget it. But surely it's under warranty, so let your dealer fix it properly(if he's able).

Comment

I had a 2000 that did the same thing...until i made Jeep buy it back as a lemon after 8 repair attempts. I can't believe this is still an issue!!

Mine was leaking past a gap in the cowl-to-windshield frame seal right behind the windshield frame hinge. There were "ribs" on the seal that matched a oblong hole in the windshield frame BUT....this hole had been ( I'm assuming ) accidentally taped over with some of the the factory tape/protective plastic. When in the up position, this pressed the ribs down, causing a small gap on each side of them, letting water run right into the passenger side...over the fusebox, behind the glove box.

There are also several TSB's dealing with water leaks on the passenger side...something to do with the AC ( this might be the flap issue mentioned above ). Ride the dealer's arse until they fix this. While i find such things acceptable in my 236,000 mile YJ, there is no excuse for this in a new, $25,000 vehicle.
              Last edited by Needs4Jeeps; 11-20-2005, 05:42 AM.

Comment

had the problem on my 2000 sahara

same thing, rain = p1ssed off wife
                the POS stealership in Lampassas figured it was the leak at the a-pillar issue, and went about fixing it, rained the day after i got it back (very convienient) and the problem didn't even slow. It was like they never touched anything. I took it to the local stealer here in Austin, and they found the problem was a vent hose that goes through the firewall needed to have a 90degree fitting on it to point it downward, as opposed to pointing straight into the engine compartment.

note: Avoid Benny Boyd Dodge like the plague. Long story, that has nothign to do with this encounter. but... the plague, i tell ya, THE PLAGUE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by o||||||o
                  they found the problem was a vent hose that goes through the firewall needed to have a 90degree fitting on it to point it downward, as opposed to pointing straight into the engine compartment.
                  Ding ding ding! We have a winner. That's caused many a wet foot with TJ owners' wives. Or my CD case in my curcumstances. Have I mentioned my wife hates my Jeep?

Comment

Originally posted by willness33
                    Ding ding ding! We have a winner. That's caused many a wet foot with TJ owners' wives. Or my CD case in my curcumstances. Have I mentioned my wife hates my Jeep?

Had the same problem it took the dealer about 4 times to find and fix it. The wives just don't understand do they. I feel your pain but my jeep belongs to my wife.

Comment

so what causes flooding like this on the drivers side? it fills my floor pan and the area beside the drivers seat and some in the rear.

Comment

Wet

The drain tube from the hood vent can get glogged by leaves or grass and such.The water from rain backs up and spills into the cab from the heater case.To clear the glog take off the hood vent then stuff a high pressure water hose down the drain tube pull the trigger blow out the trash.

Comment

Or open the hood, find the hose, and make like you're milking a cow. I know all you Texas boys have milked cows before, right?

Comment

I have an 04 getting wet on the drivers side. It doesn't do it every time it rains, so I'm guessing it's this flapper door.

Many times the little spring comes off and the little door is now free to stay open. The secondary cause is that you have leaves and stuff stuck in the flapper door not allowing it to close all the way.
                            How do you get to this, I'd like to check it.

Thanks,
                            ZoSo

Comment

Look at the two posts right above yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X