X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on seats and the weather.

I need to replace my CJ seats. Until now I have had the stock black vinyl ones and I was going to just replace them with the black vinyl Bestop replacements. I like that the vinyl is waterproof, to a degree.

I am looking to move to Georgia or North Carolina in the next year or two and I am wondering if the vinyl will be way too hot.

Should I consider the black denim instead? Anyone in the warmer climates have any thoughts?

If you've never fried your legs to the seat, you're lucky. Not just the heat, but the humidity. Your sweat will pool up all over the seat, and it is nasty. I think cloth is the way to go.

Hmm, so why did I cover all my seats in leather?

I'm such an idiot!

Comment

frying legs...

Welcome to the board, CJbuck! You don't have to be down South to sear thigh meat on a seat but you can sure count on it down here. I'd go with the vinyl for the rain and throw some of these on. It works pretty good on Myrtle and I haven't cooked myself since I started using them.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=8953

Comment

i have black leather seats in mine also, matching leather center console.

driver is 100% right.. if you dont cook your *ss when you get in it after its been in the sun, or you dont drown in your own sweat, then you'll be fine =]

i dont mind the leather though. but the humidity over here is pretty bad 90% of the time..

go with the other. =]

-matt

Comment

Stay away from the dark colors and you will not have a problem with hot seat.
          Dark cloth will also get hot, but it does cool down faster.

Comment

i would love to see those leather seats ! i've been wanting to do that !

Comment

I would rather put a towel on a hot vinyl seat, than to sit on a wet cloth seat. I just run a bikini top from the beginning of spring to the end of fall, so cloth seats wouldn't work to good or last too long for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson
                i would love to see those leather seats ! i've been wanting to do that !
                If my wife ever gets home from vacation, I will have her take a picture of the seats and will send them your way.

Comment

seek the shade and always park with the drivers seat in it...i have black vinyl seats in mine and they've damn near melted a few times....but ya may as well not worry...you'll be hot and sweaty no matter what you do...and also, i find it hard to run my bikini top much in the summer, think afternoon thundershowers like every single day...i get sick of trying to keep the inside of my windshield dry and fog free so i run my top with no doors and the back window usually rolled up during the rainy season

Comment

I have the gray (charcoal...they are actually a light gray.) vinyl 4WD seats and live in Arizona. Mine are fine, tho I do run a bikini top so I don't cook, and I swing my seat forward to shade it too.
                    Yeah, you sweat, but youre gonna sweat anyways.

<---You can see them in my avitar.

Comment

I have the Bestop Aqua-seats, so it's neopren. They work fine in the heat, they don't get as hot as the leather seats I had in before and cool down way faster, too. Plus they're great in case they got wet...

Comment

I just put a used set of Trail Max seats in black denim in my 90. I think they are good compromise between vinyl and cloth.

Comment

i love the idea about folding the seat forward Gryphon...my *** owes you a debt of gratitude

Comment

Working...
                          X