Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Port Fuel Injection Kit

Hi,
    Has anyone installed the Mopar multi-port fuel injection Kit on a 4.2L? If so I would like to here from you.
    Last edited by J&J Off Road; 07-21-2007, 12:12 AM.

I didn't use a Mopar but I did install a Howell system on my 86 CJ. It is the best mod that I have done to my Jeep.

Comment

I installed the MPI kit 3 years ago and never looked back. Makes a nice engine, runs good ,easy starting, good power, most fun of all, threw that emmision stuff in the trash. Welcome to the forum DP
      Last edited by DPete; 03-05-2007, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I've installed a couple of that kit and the Howell units also. The Mopar kit is biggest power gain, and compared to the old Carter(yuck) carb its like you adfded two cyl. to the engine. I would allow 2-1/2 eight hour days to install.
        You will never doubt your choice, after you drive it the first time. If you want to talk or order a kit I'm at ext 834 on our 800 line . Have a good one!

Comment

I just finished installing the Mopar multi-port fuel injection Kit. Wow! I can hardly believe the difference.
          I am getting 20mi. Gallon. It feels like a ‘06. No joke-n! No more stalling out on hills. No more exhaust fumes inside the jeep. Thanks again guys for your testimonies.
          Last edited by J&J Off Road; 07-21-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Did you your Carter and all that smog crap? DP

Comment

I threw a lot of smog junk out. So much that I think the old leaf spring are sitting a little higher.
              Last edited by J&J Off Road; 07-22-2007, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Sure looks nice without all that junk on there !
                I just put on the same valve cover ... you can't even see it's there

Comment

Motor on! the only little problem I have is on cold start up it will die once but only in warm weather. Like the computer can't quite figure out the mixture. Never does it in the cooler months. No biggy. DP

Comment

just got done doing the 4.0 head and MPI wow what a differnce the thing runs like a scared rabbit and pulls like a mule I have experinced no pinging just major power gains wasent that hard to install

Comment

I don’t mean to keep beating this horse to death. But I would like to end this post by telling you all about my experience at the smog referee.

The county that I live in only requires smog testing if you sell your vehicle. There is a lot of pressure to start smog testing once a year. Some places in California it’s more often then that. It’s only a matter of time until you’ll be faced with the same concerns in your state and county.

I went to the smog referee more out of curiosity of the quality of the MPI kit. And I wanted to see how well it would test after a year of driving around.

The 3 biggest things that fail on this type of test:
                      1. EVAP Canister. Yes, the canister is new. But if you use the original line to the fuel tank you could fail the test.
                      2. Service Engine Light. Not only do you need to have this installed. It also needs to be labeled “Service Engine“. Red or Yellow Lights are OK.
                      3. Faulty Gas Cap. The rubber seal cant have any cracks in it.

On the intake manifold make sure that the fitting to your climate control, cruise, 4x4 axle is plugged if not in use.

If your MPI kit came with an O.E. number you DO NOT need to go to the smog referee. For some reason the smog stations in my area don’t know this.

Luckily I passed the first time. If I hadn’t gotten there early Will Coronado (smog Referee) wouldn’t of had the time to give me a pre inspection. He sent me over to the auto parts store to get a new gas cap. And the nice people at office depot made me a sticker for my service engine light. Will Coronado was shocked at the test results. The emission test is in 2 parts. The idle and a 2500 RPM test held for a length of time. If your emissions goes over 1.20 percent in either test you fail. After 1 year of driving around the idle test came in at 0.04 percent. And the 2500 RPM test came in at 0.33 percent.

I hope this post helps others who are looking into this system. I would like to say, “thanks again” to everyone who posted a comment. Hesco Inc. for the great customer service. The info that Will Coronado the Smog Referee at Modesto Junior College shared with me.
                      Last edited by J&J Off Road; 04-04-2008, 11:13 AM. Reason: gramer

Comment

Mopar MPI

Congrads, I to did the mopar mpi and 4.0 head it's like a whole different Jeep have not had any problems do not know my mileage cause can not keep my foot out of it, hey so you are from Mi Wuk I used to live there grew up in Twain Harte had to move to the Bay where the money is to support my addiction
                        ( JEEP ) PM ME LETS TALK

Comment

Working...
                        X