X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" 4wd lift and front axle shift

After the lift is installed, will the front axle be off-center? Will there be a noticeable difference when looking directly at the front-end. Not to single out the 4wd lift, is it something that they all will do?

thanks,

Yes, all lifts do this, even a BB. Most lifts above 2" come with a rear track bar bracket that moves the rear back to a normal position, but the front requires either drilling a new hole for the trackbar mount on the axle or getting an adjustable bar.

Comment

front track bar relocation

I believe the instructions call for drilling the holes 3/4" for the stock trackbar. Will that properly reposition the front axle?

thanks

Comment

yes once you drill the hole 3/4 in from the other it will center ur axle again i cant see any difference from side to side on mine

Comment

stock track bar and 3" lift

anybody else running their stock track bar with their lift and are happy with it, ie no vibes and good ride

Comment

I've got the stock front in mine and it's no problem at all. I've got the 4WDH 2" lift which actually netted me about 3". The front axle is slightly shifted but not too bad. The rear was where I had an issue. I went up a size to 31X10.5 on my stock rims and the driver's side rear tire was almost rubbing on the upper spring perch. I installed a Teraflex adjustable rear trackbar and recentered the rear axle. No vibes to speak of with this setup. I think the whole axle is shifted less than 1/2" in the front.

Next stage of lift is going to be a RE 3.5 and I'm planning on an adjustable front trackbar at that time.

Comment

I'm running a 4" lift with a stocker front end...Used the drill & relocate method... no vibes from the front (as far as I can tell, running 33" Truxus can't directly feel anything other than the tires, boing) but I do have issues in the rear, so now I have to install a SYE.

But as far as alignment and looks all is good.

Comment

With the 4WD 3" lift, I drilled the hole to relocate the track bar mount and still ran the stock track bar with no problems.

Comment

4 of us run the 4WD 3" kit, and we all used the drill and relocate method, and still run the stock track bar with no problems.

Comment

I need to do this to mine also. After drilling the hole how hard is it to shift the front axle and whats the easiest way to do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X