X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels

I'm looking to go up to a 33 inch tire now that my 3 inch lift is installed. My plan was to stick with the stock wheels 15X8 and a 33X10.5 BFG A/T. My question is this: Will I get more stability from going with a larger wheel, say 15X10 or is the wheel size a non factor? Thanks

Mike

The stock 8" wide rim will not be a problem. The problem will come from the back spacing of the stock rim. You should be OK with the 10.50 BFG A/T but any thing wider than that will require a rim with less back spacing or some wheel spacers.

Comment

I just moved up to a 3" lift and 33X12.50X15 tires as well, and I got rid of the stock wheels and got some new 15X8 wheels with 3.75 Backspacing.

Comment

Any time you go wider you inscrease stability. 10.50's will work on 10" wheels but it would be better to get 12.50's IF you plan on using wider flares, or your state has laxed laws on tires out past the flares, then by all means go wider! Other wise 33-12.50-15's on 8" wheels stick out about 2-3" past the stock flare.

Comment

go to 35's...

Use a 1" BL if you have to...

You'll want to do it later anyway...and anything bigger than that will require a much larger investment....go big or go home (but really, just spend a few extra bucks to get to the next logical level)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_Deaton
            The stock 8" wide rim will not be a problem. The problem will come from the back spacing of the stock rim. You should be OK with the 10.50 BFG A/T but any thing wider than that will require a rim with less back spacing or some wheel spacers.
            Bill, I tried that exact set up and my tire and LCA's always got into an argument when turned tight. I ended up getting wheels with a 3.75" back spacing and it fixed that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster
              Bill, I tried that exact set up and my tire and LCA's always got into an argument when turned tight. I ended up getting wheels with a 3.75" back spacing and it fixed that problem.
              Are you saying you used to rub the LCA's with 33's and stock wheels? Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X