X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard top refinish?

looking for some suggestions here, my black hardtop is all scratched and gouged up, and I am looking to paint or otherwise refinish it. I am considering one of the bedliner type coatings, but need one that is uv resistant, and not heavily textured. Anybody out there done this? or can recommend a better paint/coating for the fiberglass top? Any input apriciated, thanks

Check out gator grip they have a UV resistant that you can buy for extra security. But i havnt heard of anyone having problems with herc.

Comment

Because of the texture, I have found that just painting it works great. The scratches and gouges dissappear in the texture once everything is the same color. Just find some good rattle paint, tape it off, and spray away.

Cheap too.

Comment

Cheap is good! yeah, I may end up rattle bombin' it, but still researching the herc, & gator grip type stuff. not looking to make a large project out of it though, just don't want it to peel in 6 mo. thanx guys

Comment

If you take it off in the 3 month warm season, think about the weight of the herculiner.

Comment

I acually sanded mine smoth and painted it to match the same color on the body. They are easy to sand and the result is amazing. I can't understand why Jeep does not paint the tops the same color as the body. I see they have started doing it with the new models.

Comment

in some colors the top looks good same as the body. but my local dealer had an '07 in bright yellow, with hoopty 20" rims, really looked like doo-doo. but that's chicago for ya! Because of the weight of the bedliner type coatings, I think I'll just touch it up with a rattle can .

Comment

I just painted mine a week ago bought a quart of rustoleum flat black and
                actually rolled it on worked out great because the paint is a little thicker then the spray bombs. total cost paint tape roller and paint 17 bucks

Comment