X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yj fender removal?

Was thinking of ordering tube fenders how hard is it to remove the stock fenders? Thanks

Easy as can be, some of the firewall bolts may give you a little trouble but otherwise it's a straight foreward task. Many of the tube fenders reuse your present inner fenderwell liners, so becareful when removeing the fenders as you may need to save these to be modified to use with the new fenders. There are a few tube fender companies out there that come with new inner fenders but the price is useually double.

Comment

Did mine yesterday.6 bolts on the battery tray 8 bolts and 2 nuts on the passenger side $ on the fire wall 4 down the side of the grill twist out the fender light socket and any wires attached to fender took ten minuets maybee alone

drivers side remove the coolant bottle, the overflow bottle, horn took about the same time looks really cool .Maybe I,ll just order the fiber glass hood with the fender molded into it an build my own inner fenders

Comment

pretty simple...

If they are still the stock fenders, then there is only one real PITA. My 94 YJ had one fastener that was not a bolt or screw in each fender. All the way down at the bottom of the fender where it was attached to the tub was a "huck" fastener (kinda like a rivet) that had to be cut off. I just replaced it with a bolt when I put the new fenders on.

Comment

Working...
        X