X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhinolining or Line-X??

Plan on doing the inside of my CJ tub with one of the above listed companies. They are very cost competetive. I have 2 questions:
    1. Does anybody prefer one over the other? If so why?
    2. Any disadvantage to doing the inside of the firewall all the way up to the cowl?

Out here, Line-x is the was to go. I hurculined the inside of mine, but if I had the money, it would have been Line-x. As far as coverage, To me, the more you cover the better. Just make sure any through holes or holes for hardware are not fillied in.

Comment

X2 on Line X

My stepdad has Rhino on his truck and I have Line X. His has cut and torn a bit in some places. They will fix, but it is a hassle. Not too mention, with the cottage cheese type like Rhino Liner, it dries slower. That means the top is thin and the lower areas are real thick. Not even at all. My Line X is nice and even.

My Jeep had Rhino done before I bought so I am stuck with it. It is not done all the way up to the cowl, but it is lined part ways up the firewall. I haven't noticed any real problems because of it.

Comment

x3 on the lineX Bought a Tundra a few years back that the dealer had lineX installed. That bed took a beating and always looked band new. We re-did our back yard and it handled concrete chunks, rocks, steel, wood, sand, gravel you name it. No problems with shoveling a load of topsoil out of the back either, the liner didn't scrape or cut and I wasn't all that careful with the shovel.

Comment

I have had both, and as far as durability, they have been the same.
          As for looks, I liked the line-x better. Smoother and the color stayed better. The Rhino started fading after a year or so and some don't like the rougher texture.

Comment

Theres a guy in SV does Line-X, offered me a killer deal to color-match the liner on my CJ...he hadn't done a Jeep yet and wanted to add one to his portfolio.

Comment

I'm voting for Line-X as well. They did a great job in my comp rig.

Comment

Nocheep.
                I used Grizzley products and DIY. It came out great and from what I found had the most color choices. I lined the entire tub and up the firewall as well. Bought the size for a full size pickup bed. Battleship gray I went with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon View Post
                  Theres a guy in SV does Line-X, offered me a killer deal to color-match the liner on my CJ...he hadn't done a Jeep yet and wanted to add one to his portfolio.
                  Went to their web site and it didn't list any vendors in SV.

Comment

I prefer the look of Line-X, but the surface of Rhinoliner. To keep an ice chest from sliding all over my truck bed, rhinoliner is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                      I prefer the look of Line-X, but the surface of Rhinoliner. To keep an ice chest from sliding all over my truck bed, rhinoliner is much better.
                      I'm going to put a tie down system in the rear of my 5 and surface tension/holding power is not my major concern. I went to Line-X's web site (http://www.line-x.com/) and really liked the look of their pewter liner with the UV inhibitor. 99% sure that's the route I'll take. A buddy has a truck w/ Line-X and it still looks pretty good after 5 years.
                      Thanks for the replies!

Comment

This was a few years ago, I ran into him somewhere, saw the sign on his truck and asked him about it. Don't have his card any longer. May be gone.

Comment

Line-X, had it done to my truck a week after i picked it up new in Feb. 02 and have hauled stone, wood, mulch and what ever else would fit in the truck, and have no complaints yet

Comment

I just did my Tundra bed with Line x and I really like it but it does let things slide around more then my Z71 bed done in Rhino. Also, the Line X allowed the bed of the Tundra to get dented by a fed block never had Rhino get dented but it did tear up in chunks some due to barb wire! If you get the Line X, they make a spray over ( I guess) that cleans a lot better then the original Line X - I say spray over all I know is it is shiny and washes up better then the original Line X - so if appearance is important then you might look into the easy clean coating?Just 02 worth!

Comment

Originally posted by 4xbear View Post
                              I just did my Tundra bed with Line x and I really like it but it does let things slide around more then my Z71 bed done in Rhino. Also, the Line X allowed the bed of the Tundra to get dented by a fed block never had Rhino get dented but it did tear up in chunks some due to barb wire! If you get the Line X, they make a spray over ( I guess) that cleans a lot better then the original Line X - I say spray over all I know is it is shiny and washes up better then the original Line X - so if appearance is important then you might look into the easy clean coating?Just 02 worth!
                              I think they now have some additional UV protectant that helps it maintain its appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X