X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomsjeep

Oh man, can you come over and help me change my left middle filter?
    I didn't put a full quart in it, and now I'm having trouble with it.
    Man you need to learn your stuff. The left middle filter was only available on the 1940 jeep wrangler model. I think you are speaking of the upper filter that's located on the muffler. And to top it off, it doesn't take oil, only anti-freeze.

Comment

Seriously though, are you concerned about that?
      I mean, I think I would be...
      even if it was from the engine spray cleaner they used, does this mean they cleaned the inside of the intake? And did anything get past the filter?

And yeah, I know I'm not good with engine parts, filter locations, and where to put the aunti-frees!

Comment

Seriously though, are you concerned about that?
        I mean, I think I would be...
        even if it was from the engine spray cleaner they used, does this mean they cleaned the inside of the intake? And did anything get past the filter?

And yeah, I know I'm not good with engine parts, filter locations, and where to put the aunti-frees!
        On a serious note, i had the whole intake assembly off to inspect it and no it didn't get past the filter, thank goodness. Everything was Mr. Clean from the filter on.

I'm trying to plan my snorkel setup like i did on my tj. That's why i was messing with the intake. I had the snorkel coming out of the hood on my tj and i wanted to try the cowl area on the xj but it appears that there isn't much room for a 4" hole there. I guess it's a hood snorkel once again.

Comment

So are you doing a home-made snorkel rig? Or just going with the store-boughten kind?
          If you're doing your own, I'd be interested in seeing pics of how you worked it up. Post 'em as it goes along.

Comment

So are you doing a home-made snorkel rig? Or just going with the store-boughten kind?
            If you're doing your own, I'd be interested in seeing pics of how you worked it up. Post 'em as it goes along.
            Will fab my own. I don't think keeping the water out of the intake should cost $300. I built one for my tj for $36.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/767/dscf2564af2.jpg

It will be similar, if not the same as that.
            Last edited by muddeprived; 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Now that's cool!
              Thanks!

Comment

Since you're new to the XJ, thought you might want to read this snorkle install for some guidance. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSnorkelInstall1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
                  Since you're new to the XJ, thought you might want to read this snorkle install for some guidance. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSnorkelInstall1.htm
                  Thanks. I was reading that website all last night. Although those snorkels look really nice, i rather do the hood snorkel because it acts like a shaker hood when the vehicle is running. My tj's snorkel would shake along with the motor. I just think that's neat

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by muddeprived
                    I'm gonna a little nervous about changing the tranny filter though cuz i'm hearing it's a PITA cuz the dipstick tube it attached to the pan and is hard to get off.
                    It IS a PITA. I never could get mine seperated. I ended up just unbolting the dipstick tube from the bellhousing and then weaseling it down. The filter itself is a piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
                    X