http://www.superstrap.com/ART/ssvideo_lowres.wmv
    http://www.superstrap.com/ART/ssvideo_highres.wmv

Comment

thanks for all the help guys. i think that's what i'm gonna go with

Comment

i was skeptical too until i saw that vid. looks pretty tight

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
          most rice burners will have a pseudo-ring that is frame attached... usually it's a part of the unibody welds, located beneath the bumpers and the plastic bumper covers.
          Just for general information, those pseudo-rings that have been mentioned will usually only be found on cars that actually took a boat trip to get to this country. Their only purpose is to hold the car to the deck of the ship to keep 'em from sliding around in rough seas. There's usually one in the front and one in back. But, they are not very strong! I know of 2 instances where they just ripped off the car. One was me, and nothing happened, but the other was a neighbor and the strap was under tension and it sent the hook back into the grill of his F150. So if you use those rings, be careful; usually they will be fine, but they can fail.

Comment

Looks like a good idea

I've never used a superstrap, I stick with a chain. If I ever loose my chain I may try one.

I gotta tell you guys about one of my experiences. I was traveling along an interstate between Montana and ALabama a few years back and there was this guy in a Chevy truck down in the ditch and it was apparant he was stuck. I debated momentarily then turned around to help the guy. He was test driving this thing and wanted to try out the 4wd. Well, as you guys know, without lockers, it isn't a 4wd and to make it worse, it didn't have tires made for mud either so he got stuck. I dropped my Jeep in 4 low and went in for him. Being the good natured jackass that I am, I pulled him out for free but gunned it once he broke free and slopped his (the stealership's) entire vehicle real good I think it was well deserved for being such a moron. I say moron because this guy had to be in his late 20's to early 30's. I woiuld have expected this for a high schooler. I know I did dumb sh*t back then. I would have loved to have been there when he took it back to the stealership, unfortunately I had lots of miles ahead of me.

Comment

FYI, if you have an eyelet in your strap, put it in your towing receiver and use the hitch pin to hold it in place. very secure and safe.

Comment

The Music...

Off topic a tad fellahs, and I apologize, but do any of you guys know the band playing in that Superstrap video?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                  do any of you guys know the band playing in that Superstrap video?
                  Blackwater, I've wondered the same thing. Really good song. And they sound familiar.... I even searched iTunes trying to find it when that link was first posted, with no luck. So just in case nobody else knows who it is, I shot an e-mail off to the Superstrap people asking them who it is! If I get an answer I'll post it, unless somebody else does first.

Comment

Thanks, Jeepster.

Comment

ill stick with my 4"x 20' pro comp strap.

Comment

Working...
                      X