Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Me!

Originally posted by juhlag
    If you're looking at a new vehicle and the price difference isn't a problem go with the Rubicon. The rply's about the 4:1 transfer are true and it takes some getting used to but you just use the top 3or 4 gears in low range. I ordered a Rubicon when they came out in 02 and haven't regretted it one day. You really don't need a lot of mods, just start to wheel it and then decide what you need to put on. The one observation about the unlimited's being 4 door next year appears to be correct acording to all the web pages. I don't know if they will keep the long version that is now the unlimited. Also, I think Jeep is offering 0% financing right now so if you are going to get one now is the time.
    I was going to get the Unlimited Rubicon at the end of the year and decided to by a bone stock 2000 TJ for $8K.

I'm glad as there will basically be no more Unlimited as we know it today and it has only been available for a couple of years, so not a ton of aftermarket. If you take care of it, it may be cool to have something in 20 years that not alot of people will still be driving around.

Wait and get the 4-door Unlimited....easier getting the kids in and out and it will probably wheel better then the current one....believe me, they will still have incredible financing and deals through the rest of this year. I imagine it may even get better (I'm waiting until Fall to get a Commander for the wife).

Comment

Just my two cents but I love the fact that I didn't have to add any money over what was financed and can hit the trails hard with my bone stock rubi unlimited. the stuff it comes with can all be added as ya go for the right $$$ but that just ends up bein more stuff to explain to the wife...LOL. I can see adding a lift to mine eventually but for now I just drag the skids. If I think I am gonna hang up I pop the locker switch and away I go. I have gotten her into a couple of minorly hairy positions and she pulled right through. Of course... driving skills and trails make a HUGE difference in how far you can go and with a decent spotter a non rubi will go a lot further than ya might think... right bigtj?

Comment