Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn for lumps

Well Nuts.
    After 5 years of living together, my honey - Gail - announced that it had been "over" for 2 years now, and she couldn't go on with me.
    ?
    So I guess it's my turn to take some lumps.
    How on earth can someone decide things like that... and not even say anything for 2 years?

And then she starts in with the - you know the song, I'm sure you've heard it before - "how much she cares about me, and please don't move out" stuff... but oh yes, the two of us are water under the bridge and she cannot ever see us being together again.

So here I am, almost 57 years old (and yes, women don't smile at me like they used to) and finding that I've learned about as much about women as I knew when I was 17!

Relationships.
    The gift that just keeps on giving.

Sorry to hear that

I think most of us either have or will go through something similar. There is no way to explain it and nothing really to say except keep your head up. I hope you will find some good outlets for your frustration. Good luck with everything. HBC

Comment

Wow that sucks Tom. I am sorry to hear this.

Comment

Tom :As HBC said keep your head up .And try to remember.That In life when one door closes,another opens.

Comment

Thanks Kelly, hbc, mud.
          I'm kinda in a tailspin for now.

It's going to be a dismal spring, I'm afraid to say.

Comment

Well that is tough. We have a good friend that we are trying to help keep his marage together right now. Don't look at it as a bad thing look at it as an opportunity. You will meet the "right" one someday.

Comment

Tom, sorry to hear that!! That sucks!

Just look at is as chance to spend more time with your Jeep!! Thats what I always do!

Comment

on venus...

Dear Transplant From Arkansas (with lumps),

Read this:

“So here I am, almost 57 years old (and yes, women don't smile at me like they used to) and finding that I've learned about as much about women as I knew when I was 17!”

Wisdom is yours.

And stop with that ‘dismal spring’ stuff. I believe Bobby Long said it best, ‘Spring is here and so are we.’ Sorry ‘bout the lumps, Tom. Believe me when I say I know they hurt. We all got ‘em or we’re going to get ‘em. Perhaps you’ll have more Jeep money now. (And thank God you weren’t married this time around…) What Got Mud said about those doors is true…and you know it. It’s like an Old Trooper told me yesterday. ‘You either pick up the pieces or you curl up and die. I ain’t curlin’ up.’

Comment

Yeah, I know, I know...
                  and yes, it's an "opportunity"...
                  and no, I ain't curlin' up (although I am a little frayed around the edges, but I think that's just age).

But -- 2 years -- and then "whoops"!?!

You trust someone, let down your guard, and then get blindsided.

p.s. My lil' Jeep just threatened me with doom if I tried to put a wrench to anything. It seems snapping off those bolts last time has kinda "left a mark"!

Comment

I hate to hear that Tom. But knowing you this will only be the beginning of better things. If you need to get away to think things over you are always welcome to venture down to NC and we can take in some trails.

Comment

Originally posted by battallion14
                      I hate to hear that Tom. But knowing you this will only be the beginning of better things. If you need to get away to think things over you are always welcome to venture down to NC and we can take in some trails.
                      Thanks Bro.
                      I'm thinking that for a while, I just need to keep my nose to the grindstone at work...
                      and keep my energies channeled into good things.
                      I'm sure I'll decide this is something to celebrate at some time in the future... just that it's hard to focus on draining the swamp when you're up to your *** in alligators!

Comment

Find solace in your friends.
                        With out them you can really find yourself down in the dumps.

Guys here have been a huge help to me in my time of dismay.

I try to look at things like this as a good thing. Now your back on the market, now your free to do what you want when you want.
                        I know it is hard to see the bright side, I sometimes cant see it myself, but try.

Comment

Hey tom, sorry to hear about your bad luck

Here is a link to a site you might like, maybe not just yet, but in a while..http://www.jeepingsingles.net/default.asp

Came accross it while searching for something, seems pretty cool. What can be better then a girl who likes you and Jeeps?!!

Comment

Originally posted by avainaffairs
                            Guys here have been a huge help to me in my time of dismay.

I try to look at things like this as a good thing. Now your back on the market, now your free to do what you want when you want.
                            I know it is hard to see the bright side, I sometimes cant see it myself, but try.
                            Yeah, it's easier to share this here than with some other folks closer at hand.

Unfortunately, I'm "back on the market" in a pretty brutal area (can't tell you how many times I've heard "I think I love you, how much do you earn?").
                            And it's no help that Gail tried to fix me up with one of her friends.
                            I'm like "what the heck did you think was going to happen?"

Honestly, I'll get over it and be the better for it.
                            It's just the wound is kinda fresh right now, and we're in the "sitting down for long, emotionally-draining heart-to-heart talks" phase... so when I get home from work until way past bed time we "talk". Must be a girl thing, 'cause I don't have a whole lot to say.
                            Oh yes, and I get met at the front door this morning as I'm headed out to work for another long talk before I go.
                            That would be another reason to bury myself in my work, except the more powerful workstation is at home.

Was it Norm that said "Women. Can't live with them. Can't kill them."??

Comment

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E
                              Hey tom, sorry to hear about your bad luck

Here is a link to a site you might like, maybe not just yet, but in a while..http://www.jeepingsingles.net/default.asp

Came accross it while searching for something, seems pretty cool. What can be better then a girl who likes you and Jeeps?!!
                              I'll take a look at that tonight.
                              Thanks.
                              Can't do that stuff from work.

Comment

Working...
                              X