Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shackles and t case lowering kit are home made. Shocks look like they are installed upside down.

Comment

I don't think the shocks are upsidedown, I don't recall any having the boots pointing down.

Comment

Interesting roll cage. It looks like the back 1/2 of the factory TJ cage is welded on or did YJ's come with that later on?

Comment

Originally posted by battallion14
          Interesting roll cage. It looks like the back 1/2 of the factory TJ cage is welded on or did YJ's come with that later on?

that cage came on 90-95 Yj's, i THINK, not positive about all those years, but yes that cage came on the yj's later

Comment

so its a larger shackle.. maybe homemade.. that lifted it how much..and how much of a susp. lift u think there is with those aftermarket shocks

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, for a shackle lift, you net half the length of the new shackle. In other words, if the old shackles are 3" long, and you put 6" long shackles on instead, you'll end up with 1.5" of lift gain. (new shackles are 3" longer, so half that would be 1.5")

Of course, I could be horribly wrong too, so really, just ignore me.

Oh, and the shocks don't give you any lift, they just need to have a longer travel if you lift your vehicle.

I'd ditch the shackles in favor of better (lift) springs. They're more stable.

Comment

Looks like a 2.5" susp. lift w/1.5" shackle lift to me. Military wrap springs, probably Rancho, if the shocks came with it. Got sway bar Q/D's, too. Don't think anythings homemade, could be wrong. Most people(me) didn't put the bar crossbrace in the shackles. My transfer drop came with plastic plugs in the ends, those could have fallen out.
                How's it drive? Does it head for the ditch when you let go of the wheel or hit the breaks?
                Offer him 4 ish and go from there. If you get it for 5 ish, you did better than me.
                Last edited by kudzu69; 06-27-2005, 06:52 PM.

Comment

those shackles are not home made i used to have a set on my old jeep they are made by warrior products and i believe they are 3/4 inch lift....the tcase drop looks homemade not sure about the springs possibly 4" lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Truckweld
                    that cage came on 90-95 Yj's, i THINK, not positive about all those years, but yes that cage came on the yj's later
                    I think it is 92 and later my 91 has the kid crusher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratman
                      I think it is 92 and later my 91 has the kid crusher.
                      yup one of the changes in 92, along with the fuel injection and new gauge cluster

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepjeep
                        yup one of the changes in 92, along with the fuel injection and new gauge cluster
                        91 was first year for the 4.0L fuel injection.

As for the suspension, it looks just like mine.

Rancho 2 1/2 with 3/4 shackle lift and sway bar quick disconnects.

Comment

holy long shackles batman
                          Ditch those that way you wont go from ditch to ditch after every bump. the t-case lowering kit being homemade, if it is that is not a big deal as long as it does the job. shocks are not inverted they are right side up. ietherway they do good offroad, just look at the bilstien 5150's *sp* with the resivoir they are inverted. o and your swaybars are still attachted, if you can drive it with those nice long shackles then if you put regular ones on or less lifted ones and take the swaybars off, it will drive better then with the swaybars on and those nice shackles. personally I like the swaybars off however it is lifted, more flex and rides better on the road, not as stiff of a ride.

Comment

everyone i appreciate the feedback and input...all the positive support from some of you has lead me to further pursue this jeep...the guy was talking 5ish price wise.. and stated he didnt even have to break even with the loan when he sells it... not because he doesnt like the jeep.. but because he started a painting business and has new work vehicles.. = more loans=need to lessen loans.. so he wants to get rid of the not even daily driven jeep...

So now my question...when you lift a YJ... you change the leaf springs...not the shocks or however the TJ's are lifted...someone help me out with this one

Comment

my 94 had that kind of cage

Comment

Working...
                              X