X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting the Jk

Did some searching on here but still have questions. I have a 08 4dr. Looking to lift it. Not planning on going to high. The wife drives it more than me. Looking at 2.5 pro comp or the 4wd. Not sure which is better. I know what opinions are like but hope to here some. I do not do much off roading. Some but not real rough stuff. I am looking to run 33 or 35s. I think the 35s. What will I need to change. I know on the 2dr drive shafts. I will change things as needed but at 1st would like to do the lift and tires first. Got the money for that stuff. Need to save for the rest. Thanks in advance.

With 2.5 inches of lift on a 4dr you normally don't need new driveshafts. If you're planning to run 33s you'd be good with no lift at all but with 35s 2.5 inches should do.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf View Post
      With 2.5 inches of lift on a 4dr you normally don't need new driveshafts. If you're planning to run 33s you'd be good with no lift at all but with 35s 2.5 inches should do.
      With the 4 door your fine on a 2.5 lift, but if they grenade on the trail they are not rebuildable with the U-joint shafts. like I said on the JK forum come out to the 4wd Jamboree and check out some JK's. it will help you decide on what you want or need.

Comment

I plan on coming up to that. That is where i plan on really figuring out what I want. I would love to see some JKs with 33 and 35 inch tires. i figure I will see alot of both setups like I said on the other site. I really do not wheel much. I want to lift it more for looks, but do not want to short cut it and have a piece of crap. Also if you are going to be at the jamboree would love to see you and your rig in person. Thanks again Bob

Comment

Stop by the fulltraction booth, that's where I'll be all weekend, unless I'm on the rocks

Comment

Working...
          X