X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thingy????

I just redesigned and installed a new Stainless dash and as a result i installed all new heat cables!!!!On the free end there is a clip that holds the wire on the pin and when i removed them they broke !!!Does anyone know what they are called as i need to replace them?? Thanks

I just went through all my books and discovered you are correct. I believe it is called a "clip thingy". I looked that up on Google and am embarrased to say what I found. Good luck, I'd hate to have to replace the whole dang thing for the Thingy.

Comment

i belive it is called a press on nut. or perhaps it is a retaining nut.
      you can use a fine drill bit and a cotter pin to fix it if your carfull enough, that is what I did cause I did not want to drive to the parts store.
      drill through lever, put small washer, then pin it

Comment

My brother in law works at AutoZone, he said he carries them there.

I was at Lowes with him the other day looking for them, and the closest they had were "E" clips, but they wouldn't have worked, thats when he mentioned that AutoZone carries them. (I have not gone to purchase mine yet to see if he was correct!)

Comment

nomenclature...

Okay, guys... 'push' or 'clip' thingy are definitely correct terms for this 'thing'. However, when I'm in doubt I visit this little hardware store down in Hotlanta. Go to: http://www.mcmaster.com/index.asp and plug in 'push retainer'

(Just in case they don't have 'em at Auto Zone...)

Comment

i got mine at true value hardware.

Comment

If it is what I think you are talking about, some people call them "speed nuts".... they thread onto a stud that is not threaded. Older cars use them alot on the back of emblems and stuff like that... i bought a box of the them at Lowe's when I was helping restore a Dodge Challenger recently... needed about 20 of them for all the emblems on that car.

Comment

Hope this image works ... He needs the small part in the pictures fingers.

http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/g...3d801d776c.gif

Comment

Thanks tons guys i now can get them and be done with it !!!! This is the greatest site and you guys are great with answers!!!

now another dumb question .....in what order are heater cables in the dash starting at the top and where do they hook on the heater ???Thanks again

Comment

Fan
                    Air
                    Temp
                    Defrost

Comment

And proof:

I stopped at Autozone yesterday, my brother in law called me to let me know my realy for my wifes 71 VW beetle came in, so I asked him to show me the push pins.

They had them! I bought five of them at .49 cents each!!

Comment

Working...
                      X