X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC-304 Fuel Filter Edelbrick Carb.

I have the stock fuel filter which has the fuel return line. Didn't some earlier CJ's not use a fuel return line? I have the stock Mechanical Pump, and running new fuel lines. Is a fuel return line required?
    Last edited by diamatron; 03-03-2006, 01:07 AM.

Lot's of talk...

Diamatron, I've read a great deal of back and forth opinion on the return line. Since spring is here and the weather will be heatin' up on us pretty soon one of the things I remember reading might be worthy of mentioning. I can't remember who, but someone once posted that one of the benefits of the return is to keep the fuel cooler thus avoiding so much trouble with vapor lock. I have not seen any technical verification on this but it 'makes sense' when you think about it. Anyway, it gets mighty darned hot down here in July and August. Myrtle has done a lot of things to me but she has never vapor locked and I kept the return in place when I replaced lines. I also run a mechanical pump... a high flow. I'm sure the gurus will post up with like or differing opinions on this return line.

Comment

with the return line it is easer on the needle and seat in the carb that it does not have all the pressure on it

Comment

Thumbs up on the return line. This will also help avoid the carb flooding after hot shutdown on Holley and Motorcraft carbs.

Comment

Working...
        X