X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bbl card

I would like to replace the stock carb and intake with a two barrel carb and intake. Preferablly with a vacuum or mechanical secondary. Does anyone know if such an animal exists and where to get it?:
    buttkick:

I have a two barrel intake and a Motorcraft 2100 I would sell. The intake is off a 258.

What motor do you have???

High5

Comment

I have a 258 out of a '78

Comment

motocraft 2100 is a great swap for that.

Comment

I put a Weber in mine and I loved it for awhile. I should have done the MC2100 instead and saved a bucket load of money not to mention the headaches tuning the Weber.

Comment

I replaced mine with a "Weber style" replacement carburetor. There are at least three companies making this kind of kit, mine is EMPI. It's exactly like the Weber K551 kit that is no longer avaliable.

This is a complete kit including a brand new carburetor, adapter plates, gaskets, linkage adapters, a K&N style open element air filter, and all the necessary hardware and fittings for installation. It fits 78-86 CJ 258 engines. You may need to install a fuel pressure regulator.

Took me about 4 hours... it's a 32/36 (primary/mechanical secondary) setup.

Cost $269.95 plus shipping. http://store.yahoo.com/collinsbros/neemcafor78.html

Comment

if you watch ebay or the junk yards, you can do the swap for well under a hundred bucks with a 2100.

Comment

message for fubar

lose the flashing sign. it's not funny anymore. now it's just irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by williewike
                  lose the flashing sign. it's not funny anymore. now it's just irritating.

it's not flashing on my screen.

Comment

if i want to play kid's games i'm sure i can find plenty of sites for that. i come here for info about jeeps, not to see what new kind of ways you have found to amuse yourself. there is a "joke forum" for that. use it and stick to the topic of this forum. i've learned a lot from this site and even you have posted some good info. i enjoy this forum and don't want to start a "war" over this. a little humor is great but this isn't funny anymore.

Comment

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...sh/99cents.gif
                      please don't start an arguement with me on someone elses topic. it's rude.

have a nice day and enjoy the board.

Last edited by FUBAR; 03-05-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Fubar,
                        I think with 2300 posts, you can post whatever the heck you want to. 34 posts, come on, you have to earn the right to *****. Nothing is flashing on my screen either

High5

Comment

Badge1236,

I have that 2100 and a two barrel intake in the garage. I would take 75 plus shipping to wherever.

Let me know,

High5

Comment

High5, I'm interested if Badge1236 isn't.

Comment

Cool, if you want pics let me know. I haven't heard from anyone yet. PM me an email addy and I can send pics tomorrow.

High5

Not sure what shipping would be, that intake is rather heavy, but in good condition. We took it off for a clifford aluminum intake.

I also have a head and valve cover I'm interested in selling

Comment

Working...
                              X