X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Case

I just put a new shifter boot on my transfer case shifter and now the boot is so tight it pulls my shifter out of 4-low. What should I do just cut the boot or is there an adjustment there somewhere i need to adjust. I know it shouldn't pull out that easy but I never really had a problem until I put the now boot on. By the way it is a dana 20 transfer case.

theres not really a way anyone can tell you. Your the only one that can tell what you would need to do. No one can see whats going on, especially without pics. You most likely need to cut some.

Comment

Lol i have the same problem with my tranny shifter boot. I usualy drive with my hand on the shifter though so i kinda takes care of it's self. Until that boot gets broken in and a little softer, you could unscrew the frame around it and let it slide back and forth a little as you shift it. Just a thought.

Comment

I guess i'm just going to cut it i've tried driving and holding just not enough hands I guess that would be a good job for the co-pilot.

Comment

i dont' know how thick the boot is, but you might try shifting it in 4L and take a heat gun or hair dryer to it.

Comment

Not a bad idea never thought of that will try before I cut it.

Comment

I've seen folks wrap a bungee cord around the shifter, then hook the other end to either the seat or under the dash to hold the shifter in place.

Comment

2 things you could try
                1 is just every night leave the shifter in the 4lo pos.
                And or better yet remove the boot take it in the bathroom and fill the sink with HOT! water let the boot get hot and take it back out and install it Hot putting it in 4lo and leaving it there over night or for a weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X