X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem...please help

I recently installed a new clutch disc and throwout bearing.It seems that I have to really adjust the clutch up tight in order to get it to let me put it into gear.I have changed this clutch over the years and use the same disc and bearing.It is adjusted up so tight that it is scary.Anyone have any idea whats going on?It seems my clutch fork isnt centered up in the "window".Please help.

Did you change just the disk and bearing? If so, you only did half a job, and now you need to replace the pressure plate too. How about the pilot bearing? Was the Flywheel surfaced?

Comment

clutch

The pressure plate is new as with the bearing.Yes the flywheel was surfaced.

Comment

Sounds like you either have the wrong throwout bearing or the fork isn't installed properly. See if you can look inside to see....might need a mirror and a flashlight.

Comment

clutch

Everything is in and in correctly.Is the release fork when depressd supposed to contact the bell housing in any way by the ball it pivots on???

Comment

I know this might sound stupid but did you put the clutch disc in backwards ? I did this when I put my new engine in. Still kicking myself in the butt.....

Comment

clutch

No,that was on my mind very much when I installed.Its in but I think the Flintstone era linkage is messing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepcat
                Everything is in and in correctly.Is the release fork when depressd supposed to contact the bell housing in any way by the ball it pivots on???
                I was thinking somethind like this also. My fork does not touch any part of the bell housing opening. Is the ball in place? I've seen were the part that holds the ball breaks off. Fortunatly there is an easy replacement if it does break.

Comment

You can loose mucho clutch pedal travel in a worn linkage system. Worn rods and holes and broken or gone bushings could be the culprit. Another thing that can effect this is bad motor/trans mounts.

Comment

Looking in the side I can see everything is in order.The ball it pivots on is there.I just got all the things from 4WD Hardware in the mail to rebuild the linkage, so this weekend it will roll.I will get to the bottom of this soon.Stay tuned.And thanks for all the input.

Comment

Working...
                    X