X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring hangers

I am trying to install a 2.5" lift on my CJ5. My spring hangers seem too narrow to fit the main spring eye. ID of spring hanger and sleeve of old springs are 2 7/8" and new spring's 3". I would try to see if I could bend them out but I am not sure if I have the correct springs. Long story is the jeeps year is slightly hazy. I have ordered the lift kit for 1976 and older as I have an AMC 20 rear axel and engine stamp of Sept '75. But the vin state jeep is 1970. Does anyone know the dimensions of pre 76 and post 76 to 86 spring hangers? The old and new springs are the same width. Any other tidbits of advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks

If the old and new springs are the same width they are the correct ones. Just bend the hangers out alittle.

Comment

76' and up are different on many things. You might want to find out for sure which year you have. Good luck.

Comment

Decided I had an eighth of an inch of rust and grime. Some convincing and in they went. Just a nervous nelly. Sorry. Now off to find brake line extensions. I thought a 2.5" lift would not need them but they are pretty streched with suspension hanging.
        Last edited by neophyte; 03-11-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X