X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift

I thought I might go ahead and install a body lift on my CJ 5 while I'm doing all this other stuff with it.

Anyone ever use mine belt for a body lift.

For those of you not from WV, mine belt is conveyor belt.

I have a bunch of samples from a load I hauled.

It's about 1/2 inch thick.

I was going to cut it into squares and stack it on each other to get me about 1 or 1 1/2 in of lift.

I've seen it done back when I was a kid. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work.

Thoughts?

i say go ahead and go with a kit. one that replaces the body mounts. that way you get all the brackets and stuff and the piece of mind that you know it's safe.

Comment

Last edited by EMAXXX; 03-19-2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I personally would not make a body lift out of non-automotive items like that for an on-road vehicle. It'd probably work fine, but if you were ever in an accident, the lawyers would have a field day with you.

Also, by the time you buy grade 8 bolts & other brackets, you're going to be almost half the cost of a body lift anyway.

Originally posted by EMAXXX
        http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/71087

Seems to be a good kit out there. You will need new hardware if you do it yourself without a kit. I think JC witney has one cheaper, or try ebay.
        Don't post links to other suppliers! That's just plain disrespectful as this forum is provided by 4wd.com.

Here's a listing of body lifts 4wd Hardware sells for CJ's.
        http://www.4wd.com/newsite/shop/prod...&kid=367&mid=n
        Last edited by EvilTwin v2; 03-19-2006, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I like the kit that I put on from 4wd. It totaly replaces the stock mounts with ones of the same design, only they are one inch taller. clean install.

link here

Comment

Working...
          X