X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Truck Suspension

I was just curious since I went to a monster truck show the other day. What kind of suspensions do these vehicles have? I know there are a bunch of possibilities so let me explain. They did not have leaves or coils. Each axle was linked and had 2 cylinders that look alot like shocks with a remote resevoir. Looked to be airpowered maybe. Just curious. I put this in the CJ section bc I have a CJ and this may be a farfetched option for my suspension but still interested in comments nonetheless.

There are several manufactures making offroad, long travel, air shocks. They're superior in some ways (but not in all) than coilovers in that you can adjust ride height by adding or letting out air.

Here's ones made by Fox: http://www.foxracingshox.com/website...bCategoryId=39 oops, follow the link & then click non-coilover.

Comment

Black Diamond has a suspension "kit" that will replace your leaves with coils and give you close to what (I think) you are looking for...without the HUGE expense of engineering it yourself.
      (The BD "kit" is a specifically engineered front and rear suspension parts kit that works with different axle set-ups; one for the AMC 20, one for the D44, etc...)

The big race trucks use coilovers and multi-link suspensions. Similar to the Baja race trucks, just bigger and with different geometry.

Comment

Working...
      X