Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel system

Hey guys,
    I'm new to jeep world and I am currently rebuilding a 77 CJ7. I've gotten to the fuel system and need help determing which size line to run, and do I need a return line. I've replace the carb with an Edlebrock 600. Do I have to have the roller-over valve and this other vapor junk.

Thanks

Well you do need some way to let air in as the gas goes out or you'll stop pumping gas or suck the tank in.

A cheap way is with a vented cap wich a CJ did not have originally.

I like the return line to prevent vapor lock but I ran for years with out one.

Comment

Your stock lines are probably 5/16". You should be able to order replacement sets from our host. If you wanted to upgrade those, go 3/8", dont think there is much need for anything bigger. As far as the return line, i dont think it would hurt to run it, but on my CJ5, there was no return line and it ran fine.

Comment

not trying to take your thread goffer, but i have a few quesitons.
        this may be a stupid question, but what is vapor lock?

also do you know where to get the vented caps? any particulair place?
        thanks

Comment

Vapor lock is when the gas in the fuel lines get so hot it starts to boil. This creates bubbles in the gas line. If you have a closed system, 1 fuel line to carb, then the bubles have no place to go other than the carb. Lots of bubble , no gas. With the return line connected the extra pressure will just be vented to the tank plus it continously cycles the fuel allowing it to cool off.

I just bought a locking gas cap that came vented. Also I have the old 2" diameter filler neck.

Comment

Working...
          X