X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More brake Q's...

Sorry for all the questions. But now that It is warm and I can actually work on one of my Jeeps I get to leave the Off Topic forum.

On my 73 I will have 76 knuckles with disc brakes and a 80 something MC/Booster.

So shouldn;t i be able to just order a brake line kit for a 76 and later CJ5?

How different is the brake line routing on the two?

Thanks in advance

C'mon guys. Does anyone know if the routing for the 76 and later CJ's is different than my 73?

Last edited by LYKOS; 04-01-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

im not trying to tell you what to do...but why dont you just make your own lines? i did. it was easy, i just dont have any 'gravel gaurd' springs. but it cost me like 17 dollars instead of 109. i did have to buy a flaring tool, but that was like 15.

Comment

Don't remember much about the 73's brakes but your current set up sounds a lot like mine. I have a 76 CJ5 with 79 Disk brakes on the front with an 84 combination valve and an 84 MC and power booster.

Now your frame is narrower on the back than any 76 or later CJ5 so you will have a lot of extra brake line going to the center. not to mention you probably still have an 'open' frame as opposed to a a 76 or later 'closed' frame.

76 Disk brakes are different than 79 or 80's. I ended up getting a SS braided line for the front to match the caliper to the line.

I'll see if I still have the box with the SS brake kit I bought from 4WD. It went in perfectly without a problem. Even with the AFW frame I used. I just started at the combination valve and ran all the lines from there just securing it were ever it needed some. However you combination valve on the 73 is probably in a different location than mine.

http://www.dana60.com/76cj5/ProValve2.jpg

I would use the 80 something combination valve. It worked great for me and you should use one if for nothing else the safety.
        Last edited by John Strenk; 04-02-2006, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X