X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift

I am considering putting a 1" or 2" body lift on my 77 cj7.
    I have put a 2' body lift on a different Jeep and had no problems with the clutch or steering.
    Has anybody else run into difficulties with body lifts?

my 78 has a 2 inch body lift. Depending on your suspension it shouldn't be a problem. I didn't have any issues until I raised the suspension - then the stock steering shaft wasn't long enough to reach into the coupler. A longer shaft fixed that though.

Comment

Originally posted by 78 CJ7 304
      my 78 has a 2 inch body lift. Depending on your suspension it shouldn't be a problem. I didn't have any issues until I raised the suspension - then the stock steering shaft wasn't long enough to reach into the coupler. A longer shaft fixed that though.
      How did a suspension lift effect your steering shaft length??

I raised my tub about an inch with the fiberglass body. I wouldn't recommend anything more than that.

Comment

Yeah, the steering box is mounted to the frame. ???

Anyway, if you have a sloppy worn out clutch linkage, your going to have problems with the clutch pedal. I also have a 1" lift on mine.

Comment

Cut off that mechanical linkage and convert to hydraulic. Its a fairly simple ordeal and can be done for a very reasonable amount of money depending on how much you pay for your parts. It wont effect the trhrow on your clutch.

Use the parts from a 4banger scrambler. Some of them came stock like that.
          Last edited by UPJ Wheeler; 04-01-2006, 04:31 PM.

Comment

i would not put a bl on of more than one inch. i got a one inch and when i was hooking shiat back up it looked like if i went any taller, i would run into linkage probs with steering and clutch

Comment

I'm Right in the middle of getting the 4 inch lift in the front of the CJ and I think that's going to be high enough. I don't think I would consider a body lift.

Comment

I have the Daystar 1" BL and it went in great. It comes with all bolts and washers. If you decide to use one, I suggest it. It comes in red or black bushings.

Comment

Working...
                X