X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PirateJack brakes

Does anyone here have the piratejack power brake installed on thier CJ?

Any Pics? Dou you have yo use brake unions or is the MC outlets correct?
    What side is the outlets on?

Got lostso pics on Master Power Brakes.....which I THINK (not entirely sure) are the same as the Pirate Jacks that have been floating around. I have new lines to the proportioning valve, but also adapters. Here are the pics. I might be able to help more if you need me to look at my setup, for something specific.

Comment

booster,master?

i got them thay are working fine and easy to install.good price too, may need a smaller air cleaner for clearance on 258 motor. notice how I just stretched out the brake lines.
      Last edited by brikabee; 03-30-2006, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks huge. I have the 304, can you still check the oil? How much morepower then stock power brakes?

I notice gnarly used brake unions and brikabee didnt. I know its no big deal, I just hate taking the lines off of the prop valve and going to napa. Thats a messy time consuming errand to run!

Looks to me like ebay sells a smaller single diaphram version and they sell the full GM version on thier site... oddly at the same price though.

Comment

DUDE....They will through you through the window. Lock all fours at 60mph. Braking improvement X10.

Comment

Yes you can check the oil....its tight.

Comment

I am tempted in getting it. I only run 31's but my pedal is alittle hard for my girlfriend to handle. I bet the ebay version would be about the power I need really. What size tires do you run? How is the everyday driving, meaning are they TOO touchy and lock up easily on wet roads and such?

Comment

Touchy at first, takes about 15 min to get used too. Never had a problem locking them accidently rain or otherwise, but you will have brake when you need it. You couldn't pay me to trade them for something else. They even cured my desire for 4wheel disk. Weight transfer is just right. I would say they feel like....5 percent "extra" brake than a new car.

Comment

Opps forgot. I have 31" mudterrains. Just got a lift the other day. Makes them look like matchbox tires....LOL.

Comment

gnarly, i cant wait for my lift it looks great.as for the brakes.....i have had no problems it did take me a few days to get use to the new set up..remember is good idea to inspect and adjust all the brakes while you are at it.

Comment

I notice gnarly used brake unions and brikabee didnt. I know its no big deal, I just hate taking the lines off of the prop valve and going to napa.
                      What is a brake union? I've never heard that term used and how does it help with taking the lines off?

Comment

Brake unions are those brass adaptors to fit different sized lines.

Comment

Got a link to a write up on what this Piratejack brake is????

Comment

Originally posted by GPER

Got a link on the other computer....I'll check the post tomorrow and see if someone else laid it down for you and if they haven't I'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER
                              GPER, check this out:

http://www.piratejack.net/index.html

The correct part number for the Jeep setup is: PBUJ7486

At least, that's the right number for a '77 CJ. Might want to call 'em up to verify that. I think you have to call them to order anyway. Link and part number courtesy of Brikabee.

Comment

Working...
                              X