X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a factory hard top worth?

I have a factory hard top on my 1980 CJ7. It is rhino lined on the outside and is painted on the inside. Both the top and doors are in great shape with stainless hinges all around and new liftgate. I am considering selling it so that i can buy a bestop supertop.

Give me some advice!!!!! How much would be a not expensive but still yet not cheap price?

Thanks to all!!

I wouldn't get rid of it.....priceless in the winter.

Comment

You canusually sell the hard top for like 400 dollars. But i would keep it for the winter also. it is much nicer to have the hard top when it is snowing than the soft top is.

Comment

You are lucky

Ya, I would keep it if I were you. I wish I had a hard top instead of my soft top. But you can do whatever you want.

Comment

i put mine up for sale for like $200 and it sold the same day. i should have asked for more, but i hate hard tops and it was just collecting dust in my garage, not to mention it is huge to store.

Comment

I only use mine when towing. It drags much less with the soft top.

Comment

I would have to say it depends on where you are. If you live in Florida you most likely cannot give it away. However if you are up in the northen area you might get $500.
              Like said, in the winter nothing beats a hard top. Holds the heat much better.

Comment

I wish my '74 CJ5 had a hard top. I use my Jeep to hunt, and narrow roads with low overhanging branches can mean punctured soft tops.

Comment

where are you located? here in cali you could probably get upwards of $500-$600. if you're including the doors i'd go $800-$1000. yes everything is more expensive here.

Comment

i got $450 for mine on ebay in the denver area

Comment

Im considering selling my hardtop and steel doors too.. It's in great condition, but the top and steel doors just don't seem to fit my fiberglass tub very well.. Its a shame too, because my doors are absolutely rust free, which seems to be pretty rare here in the midwest. I think that a soft top and cloth doors may be more agreeable with my fiberglass body... My tub looks pretty old and to be honest looks to be on the lower end of the quality scale. (Previous owner installed it)

So, while we are on the topic if anyone is in the Ohio region and wants to talk early 80's CJ7 hardtops and rust-free steel doors, PM me. Thanks!

Jeff

Comment

Ya know its wierd. I seen hardtops go for $600 and I couldn't give mine away. I say $300 for the doors and $400 for the top.

Comment

Working...
                        X