X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injection 4 258-6

I recently purchased an 82 cj7 I want to rebuild the 6 and add mopar mpi I have a 5 speed manual is it worth the money

3" lift 33's arb air locker's solid axle rear 4 point roll bar ramsey 8,000# winch all new interior everything works the previous owner was a fanatic about this jeep
    live in CA

It's worth the $ if you intend to keep the Jeep. I did my 84' about 3 years ago and have had no problems. It makes a nice motor out of the 258 and gets rid of all that vaccuum crap, and Carter problems. I also live in Ca. and passed smog easily. Be glad to answer any other questions. DP

Comment

Thanks for the info, with the mpi did you notice enhanced performance ? and what can you tell me about the dampners

I plan on keeping this jeep for ever

Comment

There is a noticeable horsepower increase, really wakes the engine up. The dampner has to be replaced to work with the sensor that controls the computer. It is not in the kit I guess because some engines had Vbelts and some surpintine. The instructions are easy to follow and there is a tech support # if you need it. I had more trouble with the manifols than anything mainly because the exhaust manifold was tweeked. It really cleans up the engine compartment and modernizes the vehicle. DP

Comment

Working...
        X