X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak in console

I have noticed thatg I'm getting oil that is coming from behind the dash and dripping on the stick shift, you can take your finger and run it along the dash where the radio would be and there is oil, need help on where oil could be coming from.

Thanks,
    TC

Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge?

Comment

i second that.
      if it is something else, call it a miracle and charge people to see it.

Comment

that's the AMC self reapplying rust proofing system. it automatically reapplys rust inhibitors, mostly around and behind the engine compartment. you must have gotten the bonus system.

seriously though, oil pressure gauge or it's not oil.

Comment

woooohooooo!

Originally posted by FUBAR
          that's the AMC self reapplying rust proofing system. it automatically reapplys rust inhibitors, mostly around and behind the engine compartment. you must have gotten the bonus system.

seriously though, oil pressure gauge or it's not oil.
          Myrtle has the SDRIA option: SUPER DELUXE rust inhibitor application system.

Comment

Damm,po

Mine only has the manual system. You guys are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by skinhinajeep
              I have noticed thatg I'm getting oil that is coming from behind the dash and dripping on the stick shift, you can take your finger and run it along the dash where the radio would be and there is oil, need help on where oil could be coming from.

Thanks,
              TC
              I'm with everybody else on the mech. oil pressure guage. It's probably the line to it has a pin hole. Once you find it, go to your local parts store & buy a new line kit. Get the metal kit instead of the cheapo plastic line.

Comment

thanks for the info and help, I think that you guys are right since it's coming from the area where my oil pressure gauge is, will get a new gauge and line, thanks.

TC

Comment

blasphemy...

Skinhinajeep, this is blasphemy to some but I'd consider going electric on the oil pressure. The sensing line on a mechanical oil pressure gauge has caused much 'grief' in its day. I run mechanical temp but prefer electric on the oil. This is strictly 'opinion'. Just thought I'd throw it atcha.

Comment

what is the conversion process for a mech to elec.? have you converted a mech fuel pump for an electrical one?

Comment

well...

what is the conversion process for a mech to elec.? have you converted a mech fuel pump for an electrical one?
                      You'll need a wire and some voltage... If you look you'll probably be able to locate the old wire/s. A good meter will come with a sending unit and instructions. It's not a difficult conversion at all. I'm still running the mechanical fuel pump. I think I'll stick with that unless the Jeep gods see fit to drop an EFI system in my lap for a 304 one of these days.

Comment

Not sure what one has to do with the other?!!!

To install an electric oil pressure guage, you need to remove the line & fitting on block. Install an electric sending unit on engine block, run wire to guage.

Comment

I prefer the Mechanical gauge myself. They are much more accurate in my opinion. Just need to keep an eye out for leaks, but it’s worth it. Again, just another opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X