X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator wire?

Ok, I have finally found an engine harness to work with my dash. I am almost done with everything from removing the computer too hooking up all the wires. I just need to clean up some ground connection and I will be done with the electrical all except for one wire? It is a brown wire that plugs in to the alternator. I think it is the exciter wire but I am not sure. The wire ran to the computer on the new harness and on my old harness that was original, it ran all the way back to the fuse box on the firewall. So now I don’t know where hook it up too. Does anybody have any suggestion?

Ths small brown wire is the alt warning wire, (assuming a GM alt and not a motorcrap or prestolite) the alt will charge without it. I still have not gotten to reconnecting mine.

Comment

thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for the help to every one. I got the old CJ started this past weekend and had no major problems, after installing all new harnesses, well new to me. I did not need to hook up the brown wire at all. The CJ charges just fine. I have some problems with the fuel gage but I am pretty sure its a bad ground, will find out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X