X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Problem?

My Jeep Will Pull To The Right What Seems To Be After A Left Turn And Some Times Out Of Noware. Nothing To Strong But Noticable Normally It Tracks Perficty Strate. Everything Looks Good I've Picked Up The Front And Tryed To Move The Wheels Around And Nothing Is Loose. Ive Had Bad Tie Rods On Other Cars In The Past So I Know What To Look For. My Steering Pump Has A Whine To It And The Pully Is A Little Wobbily. Could A Bad Pump Let It Pull? Any Ideas It Seems To Be Getting Worse So What Ever It Is Im Sure It Will Be Obvious In Time.

Could be a sticky brake caliper, have you ever had the front end aligned?

Comment

There Is A Good Chance That The Front End Needs To Be Aligned. Have You Recently Done Anything To The Front Like Suspension Or Brakes? That Would Definitly Do It. If Thats The Problem Then You Need To Take It TO A Shop.

Comment

No Its Always Tracked Perfictly Strate Even At 60-70 Mph. I Haven't Done Any Thing To The Front End Yet When Things Quit Breaking Im Going To Do A Lift. I'll Check The Brakes Tomarrow Although Ive Tried Hitting The Brakes When It Happens And It Dosent Change Anything. I Drove It Around To Day And It Never Happend Once. I'm Starting To Think Something Is Shifting Like A Spring, They Are In Bad Shape. Thanks For The Ideas

Comment

check to make sure your ubolts are torqued enough. also check to make sure its not the springs shifting in the main eye bracket. also make sure that your shackles are not flexing side to side.

the po that i bought my jeep from had put a ubolt on the rear that was too big, and man did that thing send me for a ride when on the gas and letting off.

otherwise check you ball joints and steering box and everything else. maybe you tightened your box recently and thats the problem. and make sure caster angles are alright, otherwise its likea grocery cart where one wheel wants to kick out the other way and wobble.

Comment

Ok I've Narrowed It Down To After I Turn Left And Straten It Out It Pulls To The Right. It Dosn't Seem To Respond To Jurking The Wheel Around. Some Times It Will Last Only A Second Other Times For A Few Blocks Of Driving. My Shackles Are In Bad Shape Same With The Eye Bolt Bushings, Real Bad. I've Been Waiting To Replace Them Untill I Get A Lift. I'm Thinking Thats It, Thanks

Comment

well fix the bushings for crying out loud. that's a pretty likely cause. not only that, it's dangerous.

Comment

Working...
              X