X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 cj5 body on 76 frame?

is it possible to put a 75(or earlier) body on a 76 frame (cj5)? I understand that there would be modification for the body mounts, but what else? Would it be a complete waste of time? I am just curious, as i want a 76 body that is not glass, seems impossible to find with out complete rot.
    I tried to search, but no clear answer.
    thanks,
    jonathon

Old body to New style frame.......

..Well.....lessee Johnny.....I think the body will work with some modifications, cause the 75 body is my fav JEEP . I like that cool tool box under the passenger seat....and the windshield frame is a little straighter up lookin. Now there will be some modifcations involved ..ya see the 76 and later 5 frames are wider, so the body mounts won't line up zactly, an you're gonna hafta look into the way they changed the mounting of stuff....like the swing clutch an brake pedals....and steering column. But i think it's a go if'n you're not too afraid of a little work.Sounds like a fun project...now the $64,000 question is....WHY ? Didja get a real deal on an older bod ?......jus wondering.......
    nuff said.

Comment

Well, mainly i am just trying to consider my options. I have been trying to find a metal body for my 76 cj5, and have had absolutely no luck. I have seen a few of the earlier fives with good tubs, and was just wondering what all it would take to put that body on my 76 frame. I haven't gotten a good deal on anything yet, sadly. But i appreciate the imput, and as soon as i figure out which route i am going, ill let ya know. Mayb even some pics, i have a ton on the digital camera, i just havne't figured out how to load em to the puter and put em up here.
      thanks mudslinger

jonny

Comment

Working...
      X