X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasket remover

not sure where i heard about this stuff...maybe jp, etc, i think this is it, loctite chisel gasket remover. supposed to be the best. has anybody used it and where can i get it?

i am tired of scraping my oil pan gasket from the block...of course it all peeled off onto the block and not the pan...it may take a few more hours the way it is going.

any advice or tricks would be much appreciated!

I have continued to use the old reliable but slow method of a razor blade, a scotch brite pad, and some chemtool.

I have thought about buying a small right angle die grinder with the attachment for scotch brite pads. its perfect for removing gaskets.

Although the old cork gaskets are the worst to remove.

Dan

Comment

acetone or laquer thinner.

Comment

3M pad on a air buffer/sander/polisher. You know, straight shaft, trigger on the handle. Looks like a cutter, but you can put sanding pads and polishers on it. Works like a CHARM. Gasket gone...without mutttering "I Hopes" or gouging/less than a two mins.

Comment

1 piece pan gasket from your sponsor and problem solved.

Comment

unfortunately jeep did not purchase their gaskets from 4wd hardware, if they had then i would not have started this thread.

i found some stuff from permatex that works pretty well...just need to remember to wear those safety glasses when you are right below it with it dripping into your face...but the scotch brite pads work pretty well. it was still a hour process but the gasket is gone

Comment

Working...
            X