X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deal or dud........

problem is my almost rebuilt 2100 carb i got from ehrmanmp on the ebay,that is the 3rd time i had to brake down and fix it,this last time i was lucky as i had a shop to work on it in and a place with airconditiong for my wife and little girl.the first time it was the paint that the carb was sprayed with,cloged up some air tubes and jets. the second was when i found that only one side of the venturi was squirting,that turned out to be under the venturi was corroded and never cleaned,and the first was that the thing had broken parts when i got it and then it clogged up. still i have not realy rebuilt this carb and it will most likly need a good going through. if you ask me its too much money to pay for somthing you can do yourself, deal or dud ....so far its a dud for me........ i gess we all live and learn.

Rebuild

Rebuild it. Disassemble it and soak it in Chem Dip for a day or two. You can get a rebuild kit and the dip from your local auto parts store. Be sure and get the rebuild kit containing the power valve replacement.

Not only will this route be much cheaper than purchasing a rebuilt one but consider the experience you will gain.

Good luck.

Comment

i got my 2100 from ehrmanmp. he was a pretty nice guy. i bet if you emailed him he would exchange it for you...

Comment

not trying to bag on anyone,he is super nice guy allrite,have you looked under your venturi? all im saying though is that ,if somone going to sell a product at least do the work and sell a good clean unit. it is good to hear that you are happy with your 2100 as this may be an isolated insedant. i left good feedback as this appeared to be a good all around purchase. over all not displeased,this a hundred persant differance in how my jeep runs i just think that for the price i payed that i wouldnt have to have all this trouble on somthing that was suposed to be gone through. live and learn..

Comment

i guess my case was different because i went down to his house and picked my carb out off his shelf so i cannot complain even if it was a dud...just a thought about giving him a shout he may surprise you.

Comment

I have to say give him a call. I know of 3 other people that have his carb including me and none of us lived even close to him. He seemed to really care about the service he was giving and did say if there were any issues to give him a call and he would take care of it. As for me I have to say it is the best carb I have had on my jeep and I have had a Carter and a Weber and neither seems to compare.

Comment

just rebuilt my 2100 for the fourth time??thing wouldnt even stay running,as i watched the fuel get sucked back into the venturi when i gave it the gas.man that thing must realy be clogged up, there is alot of corrosion and junk in the inner tubes and tunnels that i may not even be seeing, my jeep is a daily driver and cannot be down for a few days while i do a rebuild shop type clean on it so i have just rheemed it out ,aired it out, i have had this carb not six months now. ...it is working now but can only wonder for how long, i gess i could make a travel carb rebuild kit to keep in the jeep... for the next time.

Comment

Working...
              X