Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals

On the website looking at the 04 Unlimited build it has the CJ turn signals

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...4&partID=12165

These appear to be 2 wire and on my 06 its 3 wire any idea how to wire this to work with a 3 wire setup?

Thanks all

Because the newer lamp assemblies are palstic, they require a ground wire...hence the 3 wires. On the older CJ assemblies, they are made of metal, and the ground is acheived when you screw them in to the grille.

I was in the same boat...until I just drilled the holes in my grille, and found out they wouldn't work unless I had at least one screw in the CJ lens assembly

Comment

Ok so just make sure that the 3rd wire(ground) is screwed into the actual light assembly sounds cake

Comment

Nope...you don't even need to use it. The metal on the lamp assembly will ground to the vehicle grille. If you want to, you can use it. Just put a crimp on end with a ring on it, and place it between the grille and the screw hole to ensure it is grounded properly.

Comment

Silly question but since this is a mod I have been wanting to do for awhile....is those sold as a pair or just one. 25 bucks for one lite is a little expensive I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD View Post
            Nope...you don't even need to use it. The metal on the lamp assembly will ground to the vehicle grille. If you want to, you can use it. Just put a crimp on end with a ring on it, and place it between the grille and the screw hole to ensure it is grounded properly.
            Lotgod is right. THe only wires needed are the hot for the park lamps and the hot for the signal. The housing is the ground on the CJ lamps.

Comment

Why not get a newer 4" LED light....I think some of them even come in a housing similar to the CJ.

Comment

Does anyone know the diameter of these signals?

Comment

Originally posted by boonda77 View Post
                  Does anyone know the diameter of these signals?
                  Which ones?? The CJ had a few different ones over the years from the smaller pointy 2"-ish ones to the bigger 4" ones. I think all of the replacement lenses are offered in the 4WD catalog.

Comment

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...4&partID=12165

These ones so we are thinking 2"ish +/- just really curious because if you look at the leds that I have on the grill now are about 2 1/4 spread apart and I want to be able to cover the edges of those holes.

Comment

stupid 4wd links never take you to the product, just the main page...can you link the picture of them to your post?

Comment

Originally posted by Mozman68 View Post
                        stupid 4wd links never take you to the product, just the main page...can you link the picture of them to your post?
                        His link got fubar'ed somewhere...

Here is the start of the pages with the CJ lamps...

http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?plID=938&pg=4

Comment

Working...
                        X