Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-18a

Hey guys,

Getting ready to do a sbc swap and need to know the length of the output shaft of my transmission? It is behind a 258 right now in the CJ-5.

Also I always thought that it was just a standard T-18 but after looking a little deeper i think it is a T-18A. i think this because my top speed is about 5 mph in first. This is with 32" tires and a 4.10 rear gear..

so i gues the two quick questions are... Input shaft length and T-18 or T-18a?

Thanks

you an just twist the input shaft and count the revolutions on the output when in first gear. if you do a search you can find the stamping differences. i don't remember them or i'd tell you. cj t18a is very valuable.

Comment

I would but the engine is still in. Just wanting to get every thing together so its ready this summer.

Comment

no, it's not...

It's a worthless transmission, Jeff. Box it up and I'll pay you to send it to me so that it won't cause you strife and worry in the future. (I'm a good fellow Jeeper.)

Google it, Jeff. You'll find all sorts of stuff on them except where to buy one for less than a small fortune.

Comment

Working...
        X