Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to FLA, can get rid of the Carter and emission stuff

All-
    If I get a holley or for the matter any real carb, what is retained with respect to all of the emission crud..what can I take off/need to and are any vacuum lines retained to plug into the carb.

Mike,

If you're looking for a Holley Truck Avenger 470 cfm, pm me and make me an offer. I have one that just came back from the tech at Holley. Good as new. HBC

Comment

Emission stuff in the trash-EASY?

Sure, sounds OK...what is involved in pulling the emission stuff on my 85 and going with a regular carb/no emission ?

Comment

I'd love to tell you exactly what I did, but I don't want to mislead you. A friend and I did it (he is a little more mechanically gifted that I). We had to fabricate a plate to set on the Offenhauser intake to control the throttle. Other than that, it was very simple. There were very little in the way of connections. I'll leave it up to someone else to give you the details.

By the way, the Truck Avenger is a nice carb. Holley has good service on it, too. I'm just upgrading to the Howell kit while I'm doing an engine replacement.

Comment

if you look up the nutter bypass,its easy and then you can run non computer carburetor .

Comment

Working...
          X